Ratings for Dr. Serena D. Tidwell

I have been going to Dr Tidwell's office for years. Love them all!! A lot of times when you go to a doctors office you always see different people working there. This staff has been there for a long time. I like knowing the staff as well as my physician. I have had insurance issues but they was very helpful on getting it straightened out. I have seen Dr Tidwell and Judy, the NP, love them both. If I was still young enough to have a baby this is who I would like to see too. They are GREAT!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I have been a pt of Dr. Tidwell's for about 5 years now, and I see Judy, the PA, who I love. It is the front office staff that is rude and unaccommodating. I have a history of endometrial problems and ovarian cysts. I called the office after bleeding profusely for several hours and was told that they couldn't see me until a week later. The back staff is wonderful, IF you can get over the rude and unprofessional front staff.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Not very helpful and will not see you if not of child bearing age.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Overall it is the best Obgyn doctor! I used them before I was pregnant, during my entire pregnancy and I continue to use them :)

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Didn't like Tidwell AT ALL.Judy the NP was sweet but didn't agree with all her advice either.A couple of the office staff were nice including Kay,but receptionist Mina was extremely rude once I decided to leave Tidwell.At 34 weeks Tidwell started implying I might need to deliver early.The first "problem" was the baby wasn't showing sufficient weight gain.Then fluid in the sack seemed low.The next day it was fine.Then baby wasn't moving enough.Then baby showed signs of stress during contractions.Then baby's heartbeat didn't accelerate and stay accelereated during contractions.Every time I went something new was wrong,but the next day the issue would be resolved.VERY SUSPICIOUS!@ 36 weeks I switched to the midwives.I knew they wouldn't pressure me to have a c-section unless it was totally necessary!I had my baby at 38 weeks. He was completely healthy @ 7.1 lbs and 20 1/2 in.Thank you Jesus!Delivery took 4 1/2 hrs but I only pushed 45 minutes!I went all natural.No epidural or anything!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I have never been to a more indifferent, uncaring staff in my life. I talked more about money with this office than my GYN issues. They screwed up my insurance information and made me pay twice. They said if they were wrong they would reimburse me. After I had been made aware the office had been overpaid, I went to the office and showed the manager my benefits letter. She said she would check in on it but never did. After 3 visits I finally got my money back. You would think I was fighting over thousands of dollars, you would be wrong, it was over less than $100.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

went to Serena Tidwell for the delivery of my first daughter. The PA Kay is GREAT and I miss her but you couldn’t pay me to go back to the practice. In fairness to the practice they did find a problem I was having early in my pregnancy but it corrected itself naturally. THANK YOU JESUS. Fast forward to the last trimester…a month and a half before my baby was even due the office staff the biller, appointment girl, everyone was asking did I want to schedule a c-section? I have always wanted to give natural birth but every visit someone was asking me about scheduling one. Like so many other women she claimed the baby was too big and quilted me into having one. PAYMENT..the money hungry office constantly asked for money I left the practice after my daughter was born because I was soo disappointed in the office…went over the claims with my insurance and THEY OWED ME MONEY BACK…

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Serena Tidwell and the entire Midtown OB staff. I did have a C-section. I was terrified, and exhausted. I had pushed for 2 1/2 hours, and my bones did not separate to allow the baby to pass. She calmly said that the baby would be injured if we continued, and that the head was too far back to try forceps. I sobbed. She ran and met the on call anesthesiologist in the parking lot and they had my baby out in 30 minutes. When I saw the cuts/bruises on my baby's head I knew that we had made the right decision. If I had pushed my plans, I could have injured my daughter. It's about what is best for mom AND baby. I trust Dr. Tidwell. She was warm and professional with me. This doctor and office has met all of my expectations.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

I see Judy and she is wonderful!!!! Very nice and informative!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I had terrible experience with Dr Serena Tidwell's office for my pregnancy visits. They filed my insurance claim wrong and refused to cancel my charge, and her Administrator staff is very unhelpful. I did not even get to see the doctor the first time I go in, I would not recommend her office for any to be mom!!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. Serena D. Tidwell's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1998)