Ratings for Dr. Deb Millar

Dr. Millar was very friendly and warm. You can tell she is very knowledgeable. She tends to be a bit more conservative and errs on the cautious side - which maybe be a good thing or bad thing depending on what your needs are. He secretary Jackie was fine a bit abrasive but nothing I hadn't seen before. I would definitely go back to dr Millar.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Her secretary Jackie needs to go! Cold, abrupt & rude, made me feel like she was doing me a favour by just talking to me. Dr Millar is not warm & fuzzy by any means but likely has a busy schedule. You better have all your questions ready because she is in & out in seconds. Her partner/hubby Dr Unger, who works in the same office is her complete opposite, makes you feel very comfortable & takes the time to explain everything & welcomes questions. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

When I was pregnant, a massive fibroid was discovered in the wall of my uterus. If it weren't for Dr. Millar and my GP working together I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter! After my child was born, I did end up having a hysterectomy, and Dr. Millar was amazing!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Millar is amazing! She is the only reason that we have our family today. She will never rush you through an appointment so if you are waiting for her it is because someone need her a bit longer. Know she will take the same care with you. She is sensitive to what you may be going through emotionally and walks you though her coarse of treatment.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I was referred for a checkup and had minor day surgery with Dr. Millar. She was professional, attentive, quick to note if I wanted more information and provided it, efficient, and experienced. I found her and her staff friendly and smiling.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I am surprised to read the negative comments. Having had a couple very unpleasant gyn examination experiences in the past I was glad to find Dr. Millar was thorough-not intrusive- in her initial consultation and that her examination was extremely gentle, she was very sensitive to my comfort. Later I had a laparoscopy which was done very skilfully and in the follow up visit she was very knowledgeable and direct. I also found Jacquie to be extremely helpful. I was telling people from the first visit how much I like her and feel safe in her care . The feeling has only grown stronger with subsequent appointments.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Millar is an excellent OBGYN. I'm so thankful that I was under her care for the past five years - for several pregnancies, two births and fibroid management (including two surgeries). She is very skilled, intelligent, honest and kind. Always very personable and NEVER have I felt uncomfortable with her. My first delivery was an emergency c-section. The incision was so little and healed beautifully - prompting the next OBGYN (another emergency) to comment on what an amazing job she had done. I was shocked to see bad reviews about her, that's how good my experience has been

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I've had ovarian cysts for years, so I can compare my experience with Dr. Millar to what I've had with other Ob Gyns, and I thought she was great. I'm not sure why these other commenters had such difficulties. She's thorough, knowledgeable, and very personable. She's also very direct and explains things clearly. The front desk people are a little grouchy (Jacquie, her assistant, is nice, though). But IMHO, I'd rather go to a great doctor with a grumpy receptionist than a not-so-great doctor with a social butterfly of a receptionist. What's really important here, great medical care or small-talk in the waiting room? Just my two cents.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

I chose not to see Dr Millar after a very bad experience with her receptionist. the person I spoke to was rude, abrupt, nasty and unhelpful. I chose to see another doctor rather than have to deal with this individual again. Unfortunately, the staff a Doctor chooses to represent them reflects on them for good or bad, and this was a very unexpected negative experience. I have never felt so upset after contacting a Doctor's office and would urge Dr Millar to reconsider her staffing choices.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Millar was very informative, professional, positive and cautious as she followed me throughout my pregnancy. I regret that due to schedulling differences of doctors on call, she was not at the hospital to deliver my baby when I went into labour. I have to agree about Jackie, her secretary. She was quite friendly at times and quite cold on other occasions. At least some consistency in her demeanor would've been nice. The other ladies at the front desk were very pleasant.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011