Ratings for Dr. Lee-Anne Somersall

She always tries to do the least amount of diagnosis about your concerns. If your complaints needs a blood test and if she thinks that your complaints are not important/urgent enough she wants you to wait for the yearly check up. Every time the staff puts the appointmet off so you cannot get your yearly check-up done before 11, sometimes 12 months.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

My family and I love her! We have been with her since 2005, she does not push medication on you she gets to the bottom of the issue and then assess you from there. She does not rush you during your appointment, she listens to your issues. I would recommend her to anyone!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I absolutely love her! By far, the best Dr I've ever had in my nearly 50 years. She's the only Dr that I've had who doesn't push drugs on me. Where other Dr's are dismissive and eager to write a band-aid solution (prescription), she's intuitive and solution focused. I feel as though she really knows what's going on with me and I'm so grateful. I wouldn't trust my daughter with anyone else either. As for punctuality, I understand that emergencies or complications may come up with the patients before me and I'm grateful for my time with her because I trust that she won't rush my appointment either. None of these negative comments on here will ever change my mind :)

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

We/ve been with Dr. Somersall since she first began. She has always been good about sending us to specialist when needed, and has been on top of our care. She does have a dry sense of humor, and this is perhaps what people are referring to. However, all of this being said, as of late she has been a bit off of her game. My specialist had requested something and I followed up, to which her office contacted me saying that i had not seen that specialist for over two years. This was shocking since in a visit that Dr. Somersall an I had a couple of weeks prior, we had gone over test ordered by the specialist. This is a bit disconcerting. I think that overall, she is a good doctor, but that something has changed recently. Unfortunately, this is medicine ad there is no room for error.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I don't know who is worse, Dr Somersall or her inept staff. I completely agree with the comments below that she is belittling and inexperienced. She lacks empathy and basic human connection. She does not ask questions to delve deeper and provide an appropriate diagnosis. She does not have her patient's best interests at heart, she only wants a quick fix not to actually connect and truly understand what is going on in someone's life. Her staff are equally rash and have attitude. there are exceptions of course, not everyone is so negative, but the overall experience with Dr Somersall and the staff is poor. When you go to the Dr to get help, you should not be treated so unwelcome and belittled.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Possibly the most belittling doctor I have ever come into contact with. She wrote stuff about my symptoms in her chart, asked me about it at a subsequent visit. However, I had never said any of the symptoms which she wrote in her chart. She then went on to talk to me as if I was crazy, and completely denied the thought that this may be her mistake. VERY RUDE!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr. Lee-Anne Somersall's lack of attention to her patient's files and requests are unacceptable. She needs to be more responsible with the duties held by a primary care physician. Being a good doctor requires the ability to communicate, listen and to empathize with her patients. Dr. Somersall did not demonstrate these qualities during my family's time with her.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Dr. Somersall should NOT be your primary care practitioner. If you require a family MD who will manage your long-term care please look elsewhere. Although she is kind, she is not capable of deciding when to refer to a specialists or managing individuals dealing with acute or chronic disease such as cancer. She was totally complacent with respect to my family members care and denied critical tests that may have saved their life.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Great Doctor! Has always been friendly and warm hearted , definatly reccomend her!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Somersall is friendly, takes time to answer all your questions, and is easy to talk to. However, she's mixed up my charts before (good thing I remembered), mixed up on my son's vacination schedule (gave him 18 month vaccine at 15 months and vice versa), and once she pigeon holed me I had a hard time getting her to believe that any symptoms I had were not related to what she believed was depression and could be remedied with anti-depressants, when in fact I was not depressed and the medicine had horrible side effects.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011