Ratings for Dr. Lee-Anne Somersall

I have been with Dr Somersall for many years and she is a very good doctor. She listens, make suggestions and is very helpful. Makes sure her patient has the best care possible.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Easily best doctor I've ever had. She's funny and she eases the anxiety cause by annual physicals. She doesn't push drugs and she answers all of my questions clearly.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

If it werent for Dr. Somersall my symptoms would have gone ignored and my diagnosis would be non existent. Dr. Somersall was able to identify the symptoms i had right away and referred me to the right doctor which lead to a correct diagnosis. Dr Somersall is kind, professional and passionate about what she does. She cares about her patients a great deal. I have recommended her to many friends and will continue to do so. Front Office Staff is quite rude an impersonal however this has nothing to do w. Dr. Somersall being great at what she does.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

She has been my GP for over 10 years and she is amazing! She listens and checks thoroughly and provides the best solutions/answers to all my questions and concerns. My future kids will be going to her too. I will never trade her for anyone else, she is simply the best.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Re: previous comment, it's not the staff that puts off your yearly check ups. The Ontario government allows you to have only one full physical exam during a 12 months period. You are welcome to have them more often, if you are willing to pay for them out of your own pocket.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

She always tries to do the least amount of diagnosis about your concerns. If your complaints needs a blood test and if she thinks that your complaints are not important/urgent enough she wants you to wait for the yearly check up. Every time the staff puts the appointmet off so you cannot get your yearly check-up done before 11, sometimes 12 months.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

My family and I love her! We have been with her since 2005, she does not push medication on you she gets to the bottom of the issue and then assess you from there. She does not rush you during your appointment, she listens to your issues. I would recommend her to anyone!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I absolutely love her! By far, the best Dr I've ever had in my nearly 50 years. She's the only Dr that I've had who doesn't push drugs on me. Where other Dr's are dismissive and eager to write a band-aid solution (prescription), she's intuitive and solution focused. I feel as though she really knows what's going on with me and I'm so grateful. I wouldn't trust my daughter with anyone else either. As for punctuality, I understand that emergencies or complications may come up with the patients before me and I'm grateful for my time with her because I trust that she won't rush my appointment either. None of these negative comments on here will ever change my mind :)

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

We/ve been with Dr. Somersall since she first began. She has always been good about sending us to specialist when needed, and has been on top of our care. She does have a dry sense of humor, and this is perhaps what people are referring to. However, all of this being said, as of late she has been a bit off of her game. My specialist had requested something and I followed up, to which her office contacted me saying that i had not seen that specialist for over two years. This was shocking since in a visit that Dr. Somersall an I had a couple of weeks prior, we had gone over test ordered by the specialist. This is a bit disconcerting. I think that overall, she is a good doctor, but that something has changed recently. Unfortunately, this is medicine ad there is no room for error.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I don't know who is worse, Dr Somersall or her inept staff. I completely agree with the comments below that she is belittling and inexperienced. She lacks empathy and basic human connection. She does not ask questions to delve deeper and provide an appropriate diagnosis. She does not have her patient's best interests at heart, she only wants a quick fix not to actually connect and truly understand what is going on in someone's life. Her staff are equally rash and have attitude. there are exceptions of course, not everyone is so negative, but the overall experience with Dr Somersall and the staff is poor. When you go to the Dr to get help, you should not be treated so unwelcome and belittled.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015