World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Donald Neal

Quality work, done very efficiently, with no pain, and friendly service! What more can you ask for from a dental office! This father and son dental team are clearly very knowledgeable and definitely some of the best on the island. Their staff are fun to be around, very courteous, and helpful. The office is very cozy, neat, and ocean views to boot!! Highly recommended!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

I have personally known Dr. Don Neal for 20 years. With my experience in the field. I know exactly what excellent dentistry looks like and I can tell you with certainty that his dentistry is just that - excellent. His attention to detail and his dedication to serving his patients are second to none. He is easily one of the kindest and most caring people I know. You will be well served in the office of Dr. Neal - he is a fine example of a dental professional. 5 Stars all the way . . .

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I booked in for an invisalign consult and they booked me in with a dentist that doesn't do invisalign. They expect you to rebook, take another day off work and find more child care. The office was unprofessional and I would not recommend.

Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Donald Neal's response
Prior to performing any specialized dental treatment such as "Invisalign", a patient should have a complete dental check-up to ensure that we are not overlooking any potential toothache causing situations that would certainly cause complications with treatment. Also depending on the severity of the orthodontic case, the cost can wildly fluctuate depending on the work and time involved for treatment. People need to know these costs before starting treatment. We would never proceed on the first appointment with orthodontic records without our patients knowing exactly what the costs would be. Unfortunately, this could not be communicated to this patient despite my receptionist, my assistant and my best efforts. She is unhappy and hopefully she can find satisfaction at another dental clinic.

Submitted August 28, 2017

Billing is terrible! They put the wrong name for my kids on forms and they won't submit directly to my insurance. They even tried to charge me for my ex-wife's cleaning even though she is not covered by my insurance or me. They book my kids for 6 month cleanings even though they know my insurance will only pay every 9 months.

Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Donald Neal's response
This was an unfortunate situation. For the record we do submit directly to over 50 different insurance plans for the convenience of our patients. However, we are unable to live up to expectations without our patients advising us of any updates or changes to their policy. This may be new yearly financial limits, procedures covered, or people covered under the insurance policy. Canada's privacy act prevents us from accessing the information directly from most insurance companies. Hence we rely on our patients to make us aware of details. We apologize for our part of any misunderstanding here.

Submitted May 10, 2017

Wow, there has been a complete change at the reception area since I was last in for a checkup and I am very impressed. They are warm, caring and will go out of their way to help you. Well done Don.. Your front office was definitely due for a facelift and you've made some excellent choices. I continue to enjoy Don's care and now my friend who drives me decided to be a patient too because of the way she was attended to in the wait room while she waited for me!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Neal and there whole team are excellent. Professional, helpful and they have a relaxing office layout. I never met anyone better than Don.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr Neal is an excellent Dentist. He is knowledgeable, skilled, interested, top of his game.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I have found Dr Neal & his staff both professional and efficient. Dr Neal is in my opinion a leading dental physician, his work is cutting edge. His staff, have a great attitude and work well alongside him. This is a no nonsense, well oiled, well tuned machine, everyone working together to make a dental visit as stress free as possible, even telephoning a day before an appointment as a reminder. I have nothing but good things to say about this establishment.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

After having a problem and seeing a dentist in Calgary (who helped me with a dental emergency). Dr. Neal saw me promptly and has always taken care of my family. He has always been honest and fair with treatment. I hope he doesn't retire soon because I don't know where I'll go!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Neal for 24 years. Although I do not live in Sidney I cannot imagine seeing anyone else. Have never had anything break and have recieved nothing but quality work. My brother and sister both see Dr. Neal as well and could not be happier with his work.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

Dr. Donald Neal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Veterans Administration