Ratings for Dr. John T Rowsom

Dr. Rowson was very kind and informative. Spent the time to answer all my questions. My scar is large but barely noticeable. He has a great sense of humour which set me at ease; he even came into the operating room singing. If I ever need a general surgeon again I would certainly choose him.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

When t I first met Dr. Rowsom for a breast cancer lumpectomy consult he looked me straight in the eye and was calm, honest, straight-forward and empathetic. That never changed in all the following appointments. He inspired me to have confidence and trust in him and his surgical skill and he lived up to that trust.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Damaged me with a colonoscopy procedure in 2015, now I am left with a prolapsed bowel

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

He did my surgery many years ago that didn't turn out the way it was supposed to. He was, however very helpful every time I saw him and concerned about my wellbeing. This was back before we had more surgeons in the area and Dr. R was extremely overworked and tired. He was a nice man.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I had to have my gallbladder removed in 2014. I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Rowsom. I was absolutely terrified because this was my first surgery but he was really great about it. He explained the procedure to me before hand and helped me understand what was going on. I scar very easily and for two of them you would never even know if had the surgery. I was very impressed.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr is kind and very knowledgeable. I had, and still have, complete confidence. He takes the time to explain and ensure that you understand. He talks clearly and gets straight to the point!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Helped me during a very distressful time both mentally & physically. Wonderful Dr. and tells it like it is, straight from the shoulder. If you need to be coddled by a Dr. he's not the one for you. Very professional and to the point. Love that man!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Not my cup of tea as a person but, I wasn't in need of a friend, just an excellent surgeon ... and that he IS. He is a brilliant person, his sense of humour attests to that as well as his skills as a surgeon. Again, when it comes to any doctor ... I don't care what they're like as a person as long as they are better than not at their job. I've had dealings with countless doctors in my life and Dr. Rowsom is FAR from the worst personality wise anyway and, he's 1 of the best when it comes to his specialty. Sandy is FANTASTIC and greatly helped me in a very stressful time. BEST office staff EVER!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

He is a good surgeon, however his bedside manner can be not great at all. However I confronted him on his attitude, in a mature way and has been better since. And I guess I'd rather have a skilled surgeon than someone nice to chat with.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Gifted surgeon without the arrogance,he really cares and is highly dedicated to his patients and proffession.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010