Ratings for Dr. David Perlmutter

Dr. Perlmutter changed my son's life in a matter of weeks. He started developing "tics" such as head jerking, eye blinking and so on after a virus. Another Dr. we took him to said he could put him on medicine or "wait and see what happens." Dr. Perlmutter took blood tests and saw he was allergic to Wheat, Barley and Rye. We put him on a gluten free diet. He also added supplements like fish oil, vitamin D and probiotics that reduce swelling and help the gut and brain. Within a few weeks the "tics" were almost unnoticeable and that was 2 years ago. My son is doing well. Smart guy!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

I have MS. Dr. Perlmutter's treatment has greatly improved my quality of life as well as my mobility. He treated me and my body specifically based on multiple bloodwork results and exams. I was not treated as "an MS patient" - I was treated as an individual and my individual deficits were addressed and treated with truly wonderful results. I continue to see Dr. Perlmutter and believe that his care has exponentially improved my life.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

A reasonable basic neurologist that for some reason has become respected for promtoting things published many years ago. His hyperbaric equipment is very good, but he promotes it as a Lyme disease cure which is nonsense. Yet it is an under used treatment for many things. His knowledge of nutrition is very basic, but his research in getting nutrients into the brain is useful. He mocks other experts on matters he has no experience or knowledge. His front office staff are rude and abusive. Other than his ability to get select nutrients into the brain and his HBOT chambers he is not an expert in anythng, including the 101 books he has published.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr. Perlmutter practices conventional medicine and also complementary health techniques. I followed a supplement protocol, as found in his book "The Better Brain Book" and found it extremely beneficial. I started to regain strength and feel much better. I had a telephone consultation with him and he gave me more specific guidance. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, and an excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone with neurological problems. Dr. Perlmutter's help has been a tremendous blessing in my life.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. David Perlmutter's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1981)

Champ Va