Ratings for Dr. Alan P. Brauer

Dr. Brauer is a caring, thoughtful, and supportive professional. His knowledge of medications certainly unmatched. In 11 years, I have rarely been kept waiting.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I have had Dr Brauer for 3 years and find him to be an efficient and very good doctor. I don't have serious problems so maybe I am biased in that I don't need that much from him but when I have needed him he's had excellent ideas and advice.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Excellent, caring doctor with helpful office staff. Unfortunately, a number of kooks have been making untrue statements about him. I guess this is a that problem such an experienced practitioner may confront.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Finally, a psychiatrist that actually pays close attention over time - that insists on me being involved in my own decisions on plans of action short and long term. Excellent in knowledge - takes a whole person approach and is conservative on medication and takes the approach of person with a diagnosis - not person AS a diagnosis. Is totally on top of the latest as well as historic concepts, medications, approaches. Coordinates well with other professionals too. Office staff are professional, friendly, warm and above all responsive. Hard to get into but if you can, well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Savvy, caring doctor who keeps up to date at all times and treats people with respect. He even has a good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

He knows his meds, but Donna, apparently his relative, office manager is the one that seems to control the operation, which seems only interested in money, not care.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

The doctor is okay. Not very interested in patients. The secretary is very rude and told me not to come back if I was not happy waiting an hour for an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Very pleased with knowledge and interest in not only prescription medications, but natural supplements too.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Dr. Brauer made me wait 1 hour 20 minutes for my first 20-minute appointment. In addition, once my appointment finally started, his office oddly reeked of a strong urine smell. He then charged $50 when I missed my next appointment, notwithstanding the fact that he wasted 1 hour 20 minutes of my life. Lastly, I found him to be a strange person and very difficult to talk to. Overall, I strongly recommed finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Alan P. Brauer's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1969)