Ratings for Dr. Andrew S. Levy

OMG ! AFTER READING SOME PATIENTS COMENTS ABOUT THIS IDIOT I HAVE TO SHARE SAME EXPERIENCES MYSELF WHEN I ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PROBLEMS HIS LINE WAS DID YOU BECOME A DOCTOR SINCE I LAST SAW YOU ,AFTER MY SURGERY HE THREATENED MY JOB IF I DIDNT AGREE TO GO BACK TO WORK AND A YEAR AND A HALF LATER CAME BACK TO HIM TO EXPLAIN STILL IN PAIN HE TOLD ME STOP SCAMMING THE SYSTEM AND GO BACK TO WORK .JOKES ON HIM I NEVER STOPPED WORKING THREW THE PAIN .TO FINALLY GET THE NY JETS DOC TO LOOK AT MY PAIN MRI AND TO FIND OUT HE BOTCHED MY SURGERY GOING BACK IN TO GET IT FIXED TX DOCTOR LEVY

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Md and anesthesiologist excellent. Office staff could be more personable. Never ready for your scheduled appointment even when you arrive early.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

This doctor has no manners and treats Comp patients like they are GUILTY. Made me feel very uncomfortable questioning me like if I was lying to him. I am a full grown men with kids and two grandchildren I do not need a doctor who is going to give me a hard time just because I did not understand something he said. I have no respect for this guy as a person, very arrogant, rude makes rude offensive remarks and hides by saying "I`m just honest, I am just telling you the truth" Mr. Levy, if you read this, learn something..."IS NOT WHAT YOU SAY, BUT, HOW YOU SAY IT" treat people with dignity and respect, that`s all I want...

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Levy is the most pompous and rude doctor I have ever met! When I asked if arthritis might me causing my son's painful knees he asked me, "Do you have a computer?" I answered yes. He said, "Google it! I don't have time to answer questions like this. I have a lot of patients waiting to see me!" WHAT??? WE are PAYING you for OUR time. I will never set foot in that man's office again.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Dr. Levy thinks that he is Dr. God. He is the nastiest human being that I have ever met in my life. As far as his skills are concerned we will see. I had 2 surgeries with this nasty individual and never got better. I needed 2 more surgeries to fix his mess. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Levy to anyone with knee problems. He is a very knowledgable surgeon who does his job very well. He has always been friendly towards me. At times he can be direct and he speaks the truth which is what a good surgeon should do. The comments that he is not compassionate are unfair. Dr. Levy always allows ample time during appointments. He lets me ask all my questions and answers them. I have never felt that Dr. Levy was in a rush to move onto his next patient. If you call his office with a concern, your phone call is returned that day. He always responds to my emails, typically the same day. That is a doctor who cares!! What really matters is what happens in the O.R. and when it comes to surgery, Dr. Levy is one of the best. I had been to multiple orthopedic surgeons before I found Dr. Levy. None of them have compared to him and his level of knowledge and high quality of care that I have received from him and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr Levy is a great doctor. Hes doin procedures that my past doctors told me it cant be done. His bed side manners are not great, but who cares, He does what he does well , and im not goin to worry about that when i have other issues to worry about...As for everybody else downing him, your obviously not really that smart, and you should research the papers and stuff he writes for the schools and stuff hes involved in

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

I went to Dr. Levy with 2 arthritic knees.I elected to have arthroscopic surgery in my right knee first.He operated and my knee has never been worse. I have since lost 30lbs and swim 5-6 times a week to help myself. I was advised to swim my physical therapist..never mentioned by Dr. Levy.I can never prove what occured during my surgery but I suspect he may have taken too much debris or cartilage out because it left my knee weakened for the last 2 years.Worst choice I have ever made.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr. Levy is a very good doctor. Family members have been treated at Hospital for Special Surgery and I feel he is the equal of them. His PA diagnosed my daughter and he confirmed it. He took the time to explain the injury and treatment thoroughly to us. Follow up visits were productive. She's not "cured" but she is able to play sports, albeit with some pain. The doc who referred us prepped us in the sense that he said Dr. Levy would likely recommend surgery so I felt with that info. we could make a good decision. I think surgery was the right decision for her. I also commend Dr. Levy on his extensive charity work in Newark (which I didn't hear about from him but rather from someone else). I also agree with the poster who said that we're not seeking his opinion to "make friends" but rather to develop information in order to make a good decision. Bedside manner, imo, is overrated.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

I ran out of room :)Just want to finish by saying that I'd be lying if I said that I don't get frustrated because of his inability to give a clear concise answer to a question. Sometimes all I am looking for is a simple yes or no and he tends to give the long narrative version ;). I just call it OCD... LOL But still, I don't believe it warrants criticism to the extent that he's a terrible doctor. Dr. Levy knows he's not GOD. What some are seeing as god like tendencies are confusing it with pride and confidence. I know I'd want to place myself in the hands of someone whom is confident in their work rather than one who lacks thereof. It is our own insecurities that allow us to feel inferior to him. I know I don't... that's why he's the Dr. and your the patient :)

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Andrew S. Levy's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)