Ratings for Dr. David Bayfield

I went to gbgh emergency for an incredibly painful and equally embarrassing bowel/back problem that I was so desperate to get help with I didn't care about the dignity I stood to lose. I waited until I was sure I was going to pass out from pain. When I saw him and the wonderful nurse, I explained what led me to this situation, and hoped they would be able to safely help me get home to my family. Dr. Bayfield was incredibly thorough, taking a detailed history before deciding on treatment. He then took the time to patiently explain the process to me despite my less than pleasant demeanor. I can't imagine the compassion and patience it must take to do such an incredible job in such a demanding environment, but he does it with ease. He genuinely cared; about my medical history, resolving my issues, and doing so in a way that could make me as comfortable as possible given the horrific several days that I had experienced. I've had some stressful experiences in the emergency room during a complicated pregnancy in the past, where the doctors were obviously there when they didn't have the patience or interest to adequately treat the patients under their care, and I'm so very grateful for this doctor. I surely hope none of my family will ever have to have an emergency situation again, but if we do I hope he will be there.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I found Dr Bayfield very thorough and courteous. His bedside manner was excellent. Next visit to GB hospital I hope I meet him again. I wish we had more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

My son has mental health issues and saw Dr Bayfield in emergency last week. He spent more time than any other doctor has before and it seemed like he really cared and listened. He had some suggestions that we are trying and they are helping. This doctor is really kind and I am glad that we have doctors like this in Midland.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had a headache for 3 months. I saw several MDs with no diagnosis. Dr Bayfield did a thorough exam and found a problem with my vision that I didnt know I had. He did a Ct scan and I'm seeing a surgeon next week. It is not good news but he was so kind with me that I wanted to write a review.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

This Doctor is one of the Best in Midland in my opinion from my experiences. He has helped my in the Emergency room a few times as well as my kids in the "see and treat" section. Great Bedside manor. I'd prefer not to end up in a hospital but if I do I would be happy if I were in his hands.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Warm and friendly and did not make you feel like just another number in the emergency. Small issue but explained things thoroughly and said he was sorry for my pain/discomfort a number of times. Came across as quite sincere and very focused in the short time I was with him. Imagine this can be challenging in such a chaotic environment such as emergency. Wish all people were as friendly.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

There are lots of good doctors at Georgian Bay hospital but this one is the best. I have seen him several times and he is always very professional and courteous even though it is a very busy emergency. He has great bedside manners and a sense of humour. He fixed a tendon in my hand and referred me to a plastic surgeon who said that there was nothing for him to do because it was fixed so well.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I wouldn't let this man look after my dog, I went to emerg and he was the attending doctor. I had broken glass in my hand. he was more worried about talking to the nurse about his stupid lawn, then he was about paying attention to what he was doing to my hand. I didn't clean out the wound well let a lg piece of glass in my hand. Had to go back to my family doctor get this lg piece removed because I ended up with a blood infection because of his care would never ever go back to him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

DR. Bayfield was amazing in that he was professional and looked at the options for me. He anticipated what might be needed and followed through. the volunteers were great and I appreciated their kindnesses.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Awesome. I went to Emergency with chest pain and this doctor made the right diagnosis and started treatment fast. Probably wouldn't be here to write this if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007