You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Scott Shulman

Finally I got to see this Dr.! What a card! I had fun with my first visit to him. Not only was I listened to, but we got along excellently. I like this Dr. He is patient, he listens and he is very smart. He is everything my General MD is not. This Dr. takes me and my stomach issue seriously, not like my General MD. I read good things about Dr. Shulman on here months before going to see him (he's hard to get in to see, but he is apparently the best at what he does) and I have to agree with everything I read on here about him. Excellent bedside manner, he is quick to joke and make you feel very at ease around him. I loved my first experience with him. He asks questions and listens. That's what a "real" good Dr. should be! The Devil is in the details, so they should be good listeners. Not "talk over you" and act like a know it all, or God, like my General MD does. He even agreed with some of my assessment of my problem and agreed to look into that and do some other stuff while doing a upper GI scope. That's what I like to hear, thorough examination! Be a Sherlock Holmes I say and find the problem through process of elimination. Might as well, if you are already in there right? Why can't all Dr.'s be this good? Effecient. Oh, right, someone had to graduate last in Med School. I can tell you this Dr. was not that "last to pass", student. On the contrary, he was probably tops out of Med School. He is very knowledgable and has a really good head on his shoulders I think. He even knows some history of Gastroentorology. I liked chatting with him. Too bad he only has such limited time for patients. I could have stayed there and talked his ear off and enjoyed it. Great guy! I left his office confident that he can help me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr.Shulman is a great doctor. I have been his patient for over 5 years. I can get a hold of someone in his office whenever I need to. I think he is the best in his field! I don't know where I would be without him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

After years of being a spiritual lab rat, I have found a specialist willing to treat me and follow me for the rest of my life. His office had all appts. and tests set up within three days and all four visits and procedures being done in less than a month. Excellent bedside manner, patient, and thorough.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Great knowledgeable Dr, with great bedside manners. Puts you at ease.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Shulman is the best in his field! I have been his patient for 2 years now. Without him I would probably still be suffering with crohns alone. He and his staff are top notch, kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I believe Dr Shulman saved my life! He is very compassionate and understanding.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Shulman was great! I have been having issues for 2 years. While another doctor wanted me to see a dietition... he is actually going to help my problem and monitor and willing to help. He is is very hard to get in to see but that is because he is good at what he does and he is worth the wait!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Husband has seen him twice for colonoscopy.... husband had been putting it off for years until I mentioned Dr.S. puts you to sleep for the test. Dr.S. removed a pre cancerous polyp and quite a few non cancerous ones. Please don't put off having this test. The preparation is horrible, but i'ts the same with any colonoscopy with any doctor. Also, mention to your GP if any other family members have had bowel cancer, then when making the appointment you may be seen before someone just having a routine test?

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Great doctor, had upper and lower G.I. problems all my life, he's the only one who has treated me with any success. Only thing I can criticize is he won't give you bad news, or he sugar coats it until it hurts. Only G.I. specialist in northern Ontario, almost impossible to get in to see.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Shulman is a fantastic doctor. When I was sick in the hospital he saw me and instantly put me at ease.He listens to what his patients have to say, he's extremely knowledgeable, and better yet he actually wants to help you without rushing you in and out of the office. :)

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Scott Shulman's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Finally I got to see this Dr.! What a card! I had fun with my first visit to him. Not only was I listened to, but we got along excellently. I like this Dr. He i..."

September 1, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "P1A1" to "P1B 2H3". Address has been updated from "None" to "1500 Fisher Street, Unit 208, North Bay". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17054767737".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Shulman is a great doctor. I have been his patient for over 5 years. I can get a hold of someone in his office whenever I need to. I think he is the best i..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After years of being a spiritual lab rat, I have found a specialist willing to treat me and follow me for the rest of my life. His office had all appts. and tes..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great knowledgeable Dr, with great bedside manners. Puts you at ease."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shulman is the best in his field! I have been his patient for 2 years now. Without him I would probably still be suffering with crohns alone. He and his sta..."

November 4, 2014