Ratings for Dr. Khoi M. Tran

During my initial office visit it was decided that I needed a colonoscopy. I then informed Dr. Tran that I needed to be completely unconscious for the procedure because I had a lot of anxiety. His response to me was, "I guess it's your job to respond to the drugs." The day of my colonoscopy, I also informed the nurse that I needed to be unconscious, this time adding what I did't tell Dr. Tran, that I've been sexually assaulted in the past and cannot emotionally handle a stranger touching me in that area, especially a man. The nurse then, for the first time, informed me that general anesthesia is not an option at that particular facility. He ended up being 45 minutes late to my procedure. I was forced to lay on the cold examination table, having panic attack after panic attack. I was so stressed by the time he arrived, that the sedatives weren't working properly, but the doctor continued with the procedure with me conscious. He stopped when I began screaming in pain, halfway finished.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr.Tran was very helpful, his staff was very caring, and tentative to my needs. I would definately recommend this clinic to my friends and family, what a wonderful experience, he took the time with me after the procedure to explain my other options as we didn't find anything with this test.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

I saw him for reflux. He walked in the room & before asking questions he said "Have u thought this is a social problem & that ur doing this to yourself?" I was shocked & said ur wrong, its not a social problem, somethings wrong & it needs to be fixed. He turned to my mom & said "Whats going on w/ her thats causing this? This is social, its an eating disorder & theres nothing wrong." Mom said no, im w/ her constantly & something is wrong. He kept saying i was faking/making this up. He then said "Well the only cure is surgery & u can never throw up again." He was trying to scare me & get me to admit the "eating disorder". He orded an upper endoscopy & when I came out of the anasthesia I heard him tell mom, "I found nothing wrong & im right, shes doing this to herself & has an eating disorder." I was disgusted, he was WRONG. My esophagus doesnt work & hasnt since I was born

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

very good with diagnosing my Ulcerative colitis. He is very smart, just not very warm and friendly as he is Vietnamese

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

My experience was not positive. Did not feel respected.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

Bedside manner is NON-EXISTANT!!! Staff is among the MOST unprofessional I have EVER experienced. Ran out of prescription and had to call another Physician to get a timely refill....went without medication for 2 weeks. Just doesn't seem like he can be bothered.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

Couldn't be bothered with me. Just frowned and grumbled. Ordered a couple blood tests. He ruled something out, but did no further testing. So no diagnosis and no treatment. So I continue to suffer. I wouldn't trust him to fix a flat tire, let alone my gut!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Dr. Khoi M. Tran's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)