Ratings for Dr. Norman Thie

I have visited Dr Thie's, office several times. He is an expert in his field and looked at his curriculum vitae on his website and is a researcher and has published numerous papers, has given countless seminars. He is a professor at the U of A. He is kind and his career and office is focused on helping people. His staff are courteous/sincere and treatment is directed at a diagnosis. He answered all my questions regarding my jaw and facial pain. He discusses thoroughly what I need and don't need. I travel hours to only see him. CAREFUL on what you read on this website to judge a professional office and doctor. Unfortunately as they say you cant please everyone.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I have been with Dr. Thie's office 2013. My jaw joints are stable, my symptoms are gone. I am now ready to go with braces. I will miss going to Dr. Thie's office from the wonderful ladies in the office and his dental assistants.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have been a patient for 10 plus years within Dr. Thie's practice including family, friends, co-workers.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Thie has a wonderful welcome to the office each visit from front reception, into clinic area, providing a comfortable and private surrounding to discuss my concerns, examination, diagnosis. The treatment staff in advance discuss coordinating and outlining my care within the office. His clinical staff are awesome on follow-up visits and enjoy their promptness and courtesy with me in all respects. Sincerely.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

This was my first apt at this clinic, out of the three clinics I've gone to for my tmj issues this one by far is the best so far staff was very helpful. The doctor had great bed side manner this is a huge plus and is huge to me .. Looking Forward to dealing with this clinic .

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Seemed to lose all interest in me as a patient when I told him that my dentist had charged me for the splint. I'm imagining that's what his surly attitude and asking "so you paid your dentist for it?" twice were about.

Submitted August 11, 2016

Both Dr Thie and his office assistant were very abrupt when I started asking questions about the difference from a split (which is covered by my plan) and a TMJ appliance (which is covered by AHS if referred by an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon). I had a 2 months old CTscan of my entire jaw from the Kaye Clinic which he refused to acknowledge. He referred me to do another set. When I asked the technician at the imaging centre, I was told it is the same type of scan. When I asked for a referral to see a TMJ Surgeon, he told me that is fraud, and turned around and left. I very upset with lack customer service, unwillingness to address concerns and simply lack of interest. Not to mention the healthy consultation charges imposed, way above the Alberta guideline. I wonder if this office simply forgot who is the customer?...

Submitted July 13, 2016

Attend Dr. Thie's office referred by my doctor. His office is great, staff very helpful, personable, take care of my paperwork needs. Dr. Thie is thorough, very knowledgeable and kind, created a wonderful treatment plan for me.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

i have visited Dr Thie's, office several times. His staff have been courteous and polite each time I've been there.He answered all my questions regarding TMJ and has put together a plan for the next few months. i already have found relief . i see now why my Doctor referred me to him!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Very unprofessional. 5 minutes for $300. Didn't answer any of my questions and was more concerned with joking around with the ladies at the front desk during my appointment than addressing my concerns.

Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Norman Thie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients