Ratings for Dr. Norman Thie

Both Dr Thie and his office assistant were very abrupt when I started asking questions about the difference from a split (which is covered by my plan) and a TMJ appliance (which is covered by AHS if referred by an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon). I had a 2 months old CTscan of my entire jaw from the Kaye Clinic which he refused to acknowledge. He referred me to do another set. When I asked the technician at the imaging centre, I was told it is the same type of scan. When I asked for a referral to see a TMJ Surgeon, he told me that is fraud, and turned around and left. I very upset with lack customer service, unwillingness to address concerns and simply lack of interest. Not to mention the healthy consultation charges imposed, way above the Alberta guideline. I wonder if this office simply forgot who is the customer?...

Submitted July 13, 2016

Attend Dr. Thie's office referred by my doctor. His office is great, staff very helpful, personable, take care of my paperwork needs. Dr. Thie is thorough, very knowledgeable and kind, created a wonderful treatment plan for me.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

i have visited Dr Thie's, office several times. His staff have been courteous and polite each time I've been there.He answered all my questions regarding TMJ and has put together a plan for the next few months. i already have found relief . i see now why my Doctor referred me to him!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Very unprofessional. 5 minutes for $300. Didn't answer any of my questions and was more concerned with joking around with the ladies at the front desk during my appointment than addressing my concerns.

Submitted January 15, 2016

My sons were referred to this doctor by our Orthodontic specialist for TMJ assessment and treatment. Our experience could not be worse. We were overcharged for a dental attention that was quite mediocre. After a very expensive two assessment visits and an incredible expensive MRI, the charge for the TMJ splint and follow up visits was $1500. The follow up consisted only on a 2 minutes visit where Dr. Thie barely looked at my son's mouth and asked him to book the next appointment. After only two visits the so called Dr. Thie got mad because my son got his braces and in a very rude way turned his back to him and just said "see you in 2 years, as you did not supposed to have braces until you finish your TMJ treatment". How do you know what treatment goes first if you are not a dentist? He suppose to give you that kind of advice. When my Orthodontic specialist called his office to ask for the MRI results she was told they were not releasing any information. To this day we have been at his office three times to get an explanation and were never able to speak to Dr. Thie as the front desk personnel always says he is not available. We have called several times and we have been promised that somebody will call us back but that never happens. I will not recommend my family or friends to see this doctor, and my Orthodontist regrets the day she referred us to him.

Submitted September 2, 2015

Terrible, terrible service. Took 45 minutes just to get into the exam room. Then told he'd be another 20 minutes! Guy thinks only his time is important

Submitted June 24, 2015

I paid $300 for him to refer me to a physiotherapist.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Thank you Dr. Thie, your office and staff. Appreciated

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Submitted October 3, 2014

I was referred to Dr.Thie a few months ago about my TMJ issues because I can't get any further dental work done until it's resolved. He was a very patient, informative doctor who has a great staff working with him. The costs are high (to be expected) but they do offer payment plans. I was sent for imaging and I'm just waiting on the results. I have a co-worker who sees him also and she has nothing but nice things to say. TMJ takes patience and for those of you who don't like him because it's a "long process", well, it doesn't fix itself over night. I look forward to working with Dr.Thie over the next while to deal with my issues and I would recommend him to anyone who suffers from TMJ and isn't looking for a "quick fix" but rather a long term solution.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014