Ratings for Dr. Norman Thie

I am so happy that I am in Dr. Thie’s Care. The staff is amazing and Dr. Thie was very knowledgeable. I highly recommend this clinic for your TMJ issues.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

The staff at Dr. Thie’s office were helpful at most of my visits, but became patronizing and curt when my year of follow ups/adjustments was almost up. Dr. Thie himself was very helpful and knowledgeable during my assessment, but then after I paid for all his fees and received a splint, completely detached from my care, even when I was expressing disappointment and continual pain. Follow ups consisted of me talking to the nurses, having them slightly adjust my splint, then him picking up my chart and saying “See you in _____ weeks” (usually 8), at which point I’d stop him and ask if I should still be struggling with the splint, and he’d bump the next visit back by a week. Sadly I won’t continue to pay $300 + a visit for adjustments or follow ups.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

He is very unknowable and did not spend any time on my case - maybe 10 mins. My TMJ was a severe case and he did not want to take any x-rays or do any testing. Instead, he measured how wide I could open my mouth, which was as wide as an Advil pill, then proceeded to prescribe me meds and advised I should get a splint, something he tells all his patients as if we're all the same. After researching the meds he prescribed me, I determined it was muscle relaxants and anti-depression meds - something I did not need! I am a court stenographer and I hear of ppl's car accident injuries on a daily, and everything Dr. Thie told me and did for me was not meant to fix my problem and heal me. I refused to believe I had to live in pain (headaches, neck pain, tingling in my arms, jaw pain) for the rest of my life and sleep with a splint for the rest of my life. After doing extensive research, I found that the doctor I needed to see is a neuromuscular dentist, and Dr. Thie is not that! The neuromuscular dentist I saw was able to get me out of pain in less than a week - something Dr. Thie could not and did not do for me regardless of being his patient for 3 months!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr. Thie is very knowledgeable, skilled, and caring. I have watched him interact with many patients - men and women - of various ages from seniors to the children that come in with parents. He has a lovely manner with all of them. He really takes an interest in his patients and when you are with him you feel like you are important. His staff are so friendly and helpful. He has really helped me with my jaw pain over the last few months and I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Terrible doctor and doesn't give a $&@% about his patients. Even my oral surgeon said he was a joke. Waste of money and my time driving to Edmonton.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Have mixed feelings. Reception stafd was great. Exam was $315 and ddr. Gave no no advice/explanation of treatment choice. Just told me to go site with treatment coordinator, who was apeaking a mile a minute because she has heard this info a million times but it was the first time for me. Have only done the first step, the exam, but no the splint yet, so can't gice complete review.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

This is a very smart man. Figured out my needs and was super patient and cured a lot of my post car crash difficulties and gave me a good night's sleep. I think Dr Thie was the most pivotal healthcare provider post car crash who made the most difference in my recovery.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Thie. Walking in I was a tad nervous, the receptionists are all very friendly, helpful and efficient. Dr. Thie was very friendly, explained everything in terms I understood and never made me feel like he was rushing to see the next patient. He was clearly very knowledgeable about his trade, and also had a good sense of humour. To me it's clear he's not just in it for the money like some, but truly wants to take care of his patients, and do what's best for them. He explained all my options, with the pros and cons, and helped me choose the right path for me. I would send all my family and friends to him in a heart beat. :)

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I've recently started seeing Dr Thie to treat TMJ-caused joint degeneration, and I'm very pleased with everything that's going on. All interactions were great; administrative staff, denturist staff, and Dr Thie are all quite personable and friendly. Problem and treatment steps were well described. The staff seems to have a smooth process and workflow, and I thought it was pretty great.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Thie following rear enders in 2002 that badly affected my jaw alignment. His front line staff and his technical staff are first rate people. Dr. Thie himself is caring, empathetic and most knowledgeable about his field of practice. He explains the entire procedure in understandable terms which is wonderful these days when, sadly to say, many doctors are just in a hurry to get you in and out and seem to think that what they do or are going to do to you is none of your business. Thanks for who you are Dr. Thie.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Norman Thie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Oxford