Ratings for Dr. Norman Thie

I highly recommend Dr. Thie. Walking in I was a tad nervous, the receptionists are all very friendly, helpful and efficient. Dr. Thie was very friendly, explained everything in terms I understood and never made me feel like he was rushing to see the next patient. He was clearly very knowledgeable about his trade, and also had a good sense of humour. To me it's clear he's not just in it for the money like some, but truly wants to take care of his patients, and do what's best for them. He explained all my options, with the pros and cons, and helped me choose the right path for me. I would send all my family and friends to him in a heart beat. :)

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

This is a very smart man. Figured out my needs and was super patient and cured a lot of my post car crash difficulties and gave me a good night's sleep. I think Dr Thie was the most pivotal healthcare provider post car crash who made the most difference in my recovery.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I've recently started seeing Dr Thie to treat TMJ-caused joint degeneration, and I'm very pleased with everything that's going on. All interactions were great; administrative staff, denturist staff, and Dr Thie are all quite personable and friendly. Problem and treatment steps were well described. The staff seems to have a smooth process and workflow, and I thought it was pretty great.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Thie following rear enders in 2002 that badly affected my jaw alignment. His front line staff and his technical staff are first rate people. Dr. Thie himself is caring, empathetic and most knowledgeable about his field of practice. He explains the entire procedure in understandable terms which is wonderful these days when, sadly to say, many doctors are just in a hurry to get you in and out and seem to think that what they do or are going to do to you is none of your business. Thanks for who you are Dr. Thie.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I have visited Dr Thie's, office several times. He is an expert in his field and looked at his curriculum vitae on his website and is a researcher and has published numerous papers, has given countless seminars. He is a professor at the U of A. He is kind and his career and office is focused on helping people. His staff are courteous/sincere and treatment is directed at a diagnosis. He answered all my questions regarding my jaw and facial pain. He discusses thoroughly what I need and don't need. I travel hours to only see him. CAREFUL on what you read on this website to judge a professional office and doctor. Unfortunately as they say you cant please everyone.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I have been with Dr. Thie's office 2013. My jaw joints are stable, my symptoms are gone. I am now ready to go with braces. I will miss going to Dr. Thie's office from the wonderful ladies in the office and his dental assistants.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have been a patient for 10 plus years within Dr. Thie's practice including family, friends, co-workers.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Thie has a wonderful welcome to the office each visit from front reception, into clinic area, providing a comfortable and private surrounding to discuss my concerns, examination, diagnosis. The treatment staff in advance discuss coordinating and outlining my care within the office. His clinical staff are awesome on follow-up visits and enjoy their promptness and courtesy with me in all respects. Sincerely.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

This was my first apt at this clinic, out of the three clinics I've gone to for my tmj issues this one by far is the best so far staff was very helpful. The doctor had great bed side manner this is a huge plus and is huge to me .. Looking Forward to dealing with this clinic .

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Seemed to lose all interest in me as a patient when I told him that my dentist had charged me for the splint. I'm imagining that's what his surly attitude and asking "so you paid your dentist for it?" twice were about.

Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr. Norman Thie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

AHC