Ratings for Dr. L. Dhurjon

Dr. Duhrjon obviously comes from a country that does not respect women. He treats you as though you are ignorant (stupid). He refuses to answer questions and when he is asked one he turns away from you. I believe this treatment is predominantly toward women. He is so busy because he chooses to be. It is obvious that the more patients he sees in a day, the more $$$$$ he gets paid. However, he cannot handle the work load and therefore his visits are not only short, but ineffective. He will not give out information about your problem freely. This is when he will turn away from you. I went to see him for a number of appointments at the beginning of my problem. Each visit, I needed to arrange for a ride because of the drops in my eyes and the one eye having a serious obstruction. Each time I saw him he said the same thing and turned away from me. He said, "We can fix this, but you're not ready". He was never able to fix it. When the staff called me to change my appointment to the following day, I explained my difficulty arranging a ride, but since Dr. Durhjon does not look in my left eye anyway, perhaps I could manage to drive if the drops were put only in my right eye. The staff's response was, "That's not our policy". So, that means that there are things being done to us that are not necessary but our health coverage is paying for it. This is health care fraud. I have not seen hm since but I did put in a complaint with OHIP. There is nothing else that can be done.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

He is NEVER on time . This is discusting does he think that people have nothing better to do with there time than sit at the port Arthur clinic for hours.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Can't say enough about Dr. Dhurjon. We are very lucky to have him and just couldn't imagine not having his clinic here.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

After waiting almost a year to get an appointment, although he is advertising to get more patients, she sat in the waiting room for 3 hours. She watched other patients come and go, even ones that had come after her, got seen before her. The reason for her visit was to have him fix the horrible job he had done when removing her cataracts. He didn't want to hear that she was complaining about the job he had done on her eyes and said its because she is old. The staff is extremely rude and will make you wait if they don't like you. Dr D. Leaves you feeling angry and upset. There is a reason why he's still in Thunder Bay, he's not good enough to be offerd a job elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Just left my visit with dr. Dhurjon after waiting for close to 3 hours to see him for 2 minutes. I was sent to him by the Drs at th emergency room for having something in my eye. Before I could even speak he cut me to say I had nothing in there. He hadn't even looked yet! So now here I am still having pain in my eye and not knowing what else to do. Seemed as tho I was causing him trouble for being sent there. He must be done his job at 5pm cause it was getting close and probably wanted to go home.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Excellent knowledge and impressive experience. Punctuality, helpfulness and professionalism were disappointingly terrible

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Dhurjon, definitely knows their stuff, however, so do plenty of other specialists who have phenomenal intellectual capabilities, but also, have wonderful bedside manner. Being overworked and stressed is part of being a doctor, and more specifically, an Ontario doctor. As med students, they knew exactly what they were getting into. Furthermore, whether people like it or not, doctors regardless of what they decided to practice are well compensated for that work and stress. I mention this as my mother is a patient of Dr. Dhurjon. As an immigrant woman who still speaks broken English and sometimes has difficulty understanding words and phrases, it is vital for her to ask questions and have things explained to her in a thorough manner. In the most recent visit she asked the doctor a question and they did not respond. My mother thought they did not understand her so, she asked again. Again, no response. She then asked them why they were not answering her questions. To which this doctor responded that they answers questions that they feel need answering. This is highly unacceptable and unprofessional. This is also potentially problematic as it is one of the roles of the doctor to collect patient information. Many times important information is reveal via casual conversation and questions. A doctor has the potential to miss something if excellent communication is not in place. Furthermore, behaviour of doctors has been well-documented in public health studies which find that doctors with poor bedside manners can lead patients to a) not feeling comfortable in letting doctors know exactly what's happening, which can lead to misdiagnosis and poor or unnecessary care; and b) refusal to return to see that doctor, even when care is desperately needed. As a partner to someone who will be in this doctor's position in a few short years, I would be horrified to find out that he would treat any of his patients in this manner. Northern Ontario does not always have the luxury of having multiple specialists. Therefore, it is pertinent that all doctors working in the North are not only gifted intellectually, but also, in communication and empathy. Remember, it is an honour and privilege to be a doctor. You are here to serve patients in an ethical, responsible, caring way. Patients are not an inconvenience or annoyance.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

His bedside manner is a little short & the procedures is always a little rough to handle anyway, but looking at his dedication & long long hours it isn't surprising that he's less than chatty. He did great work & we are lucky to have him here.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I have been going to Dr. D for years for eye injections. I like this doctor very much as I have grown to know him over the years. I find him kind, very caring, very , full of knowledge and so busy I wonder how he does it all.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

As if top notch patient care were a popularity contest ! I found Dr. Dhurjon to be a quiet, efficient, professional healer with an unenviable work load. I for one am of the " bow down and worship " mode. North western Ontario is very fortunate to have such a care giver in our midst.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015