Ratings for Dr. Carol Deitcher

Absolutely horrible doctor with absolutely horrible staff. Reception staff need to be on top of checking patients in. All the years I have been seeing Dr. Deitcher, not once has she been on time for an appointment, one time I waited in the waiting room for 1.5 hours, which made me very late for work. One time, Dr. Deitcher referred me to a dermatologist, but when I arrived at the dermatologist office, no dermatologist working there. There have also been times where Dr. Deitcher has seemed very spaced out and just not with it. I am no longer a patient and cannot recommend Dr. Deitcher.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I love Dr. Deitcher. She has been my doctor for at least 30 years when she was originally on Panarama Court in Rexdale. I have now moved away and still travel back to her as she is well worth it !! She makes you feel very comfortable to talk about pretty well anything and it's nice to feel that personal relationship as well as the fact that she is my doctor. Her wait times used to be horrible but they seem to have improved a lot recently. I love her new office and the staff always seem friendly and helpful. Much better than previous location. Dr. D is very knowledgeable and when in doubt she will either look it up or get a referral. She is very thorough and never minds following up with phonecalls home if necessary. Sometimes she is a little short and flustered which happens so rarely I truly don't mind. I would never change doctors and hope to have Dr. Deitcher as my doctor for a VERY long time to come !!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I have been going to Dr Deitcher's office since the beginning of time (she took over for Dr. Moses and I was with her first as an infant). She is very knowledgeable and if she detects something, instead of brushing it off like a lot of these newer clinic Dr's looking to get paid, she will recommend specialists etc. and i truly appreciate that aspect. Yes there are days she is flustered, however i can relate at times and I work in HR, so I can't imagine what it is being a Dr. Nonetheless i will NEVER leave her, i have a 7yr old son and another on the way and i hope she can continue to be our Dr until the end of time. She hasn't aged, so I am hopeful about that :-)

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Myself and all my family members, mother, aunts etc use her since she took over Dr Moses Practice at least 30 years ago. Though recently she has been better, before i used to have book off an entire afternoon to go see her. I could be waiting in the waiting room for up to an hour or MORE past my appt time. I realize she is busy, but its important for doctors to respect their patients time. if we walk out the door, she doesnt get paid. That being said, she monitors me and my condition closely and does tests to confirm diagnoses. She is proactive and helpful when I need things, will call me with the test results, and if she is not sure about something, she will look it up right in front of you to confirm. Lately, I feel she doesnt give me that "hurry up and rush me out the door" feeling, but it used to be REALLY bad. Ive moved out of the city, but I cant quite turn my back on her and go to someone else.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

She is an amzing doctor! She is very caring and always looking for ways to help her patients if she herself doesn't know the answer. Yes, I agree the wait time can be awful, but I still feel it is worth ewaiting to see a doctor that actual cares. She has been my doctor for over 25 years and I won't leave her for another doctor! All in all we as patients have to understnad that the fact that she is late for the appointment is because people like us take so long when we go in to see her. She is great at responding to her messages and calling her patients to provide them the information they need. Awesome doctor!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

I love Dr. Deitcher and never feel rushed when we are in for a visit. She makes us feel very at ease. She always follows up with a call of test results. The only change I would make to her office would be the office staff. I understand how stressful it can be working in an office of that size, but every time I have gone in I stand at that counter and wait to be "seen" and it usually takes about 10 minutes. Dr. Deitcher is an exceptional doctor and should have and exceptional staff working with her.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Delayed appointments, always in a rush to get you out the door. She's alright.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Deitcher since I was a teenager (over twenty years) and I adore her. She was referred to me by another doctor who went to school with her and described her as an extremely thorough med student. She is great at listening and following up. I find she never lets even the smallest complaints go unchecked. My only complaint is with regard to some of the office staff. They are rude, abrasive and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Excellent Doctor. I have been seeing her as my Physician for over 20 years and she truly cares about her patients. She even takes the time to call and follow up on her patients at home. There are days when the office is overcrowded and appointments are delayed, but she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2008

She is a wonderful Doctor and very easy to ask questions. Never feel rushed in or out of her office. If she is unsure or anything, even the smallest of details she is very quick to get a second opinion to ensure what is best. She will follow up often to see how everything is after an appointment. Wonderful docter and an extremly nice person to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007