Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Barbour

I am an old patient of this idiot pretending to be a doctor. Dr. Barber created an opinion of me as an insane, psycho, addict after being influenced by drug addicts and people who had never meet me. She than passed on this information and used it to influence my care by other doctors. She never speculated there was anything wrong with me prior to being told such by these random people I don't know or don't see. This is 100% supported and she even used this information to breach my patient rights and influence the RCMP to her idiocy. Another clueless doctor Mike Magier Was charged with criminal negligence and assault because of her extreme negligence. The actual facts are Dr Barbour was called by someone who had never meet me and was told I was insane on drugs planning to kill people. All completely contrary to facts and supporting records, It was slanderous and by it self a law suit waiting to happen. Even if they didn't convince my Family doctor to their slander. Anyway she didn't stop there she than went and spoke with my former landlord another patient of hers who is a drug addict and to me mentally ill although I don't know is mental health history. Honestly this lady makes up the rules as she goes. So at this point I currently have a 60,000.00 fund and am actively seeking a lawyer or group of lawyers to see her actions don't go without justice. I have to ask any patient do you want a doctor that speaks to strangers and weirdos about you? Than sees them as credible when assessing you as a patient. She is do deluded by these sources she is convinced all the slander is true. Funny I have presented many documents that support these as actual slander or hearsay not based in fact but to accept them it means she must accept a major career ending mistake. Even now I have a successful career and life as I always did, am financially stable, have friends, see doctors for random stuff, have seen mental health specialists and have no issues , have a girl friend of years who happens to be an Operating Room Nurse at a Leading Facility not some back woods s*** hole, and this lady still repeats her bull s***. People in my life would laugh if I told them what Dr. Barber was influenced to think I was . Than when they found out I was serious they would think shes an idiot or dumb as s***. As my girl friend says terrible doctors like her end up in s*** holes where good doctors will never go. As I continue my efforts to see her brought justice for her negligence and serious breaches of doctor patient legalities I hope people truly see the seriousness of her unprofessional behavior and protect them selves accordingly. What if I called your doctor and they decided to speak with me about you and your care? Who does that? For starters it's highly illegal for her in her position let along an obliteration of patient rights. But if your the doctor supplying a junkie with an endless supply of narcotics as Dr. Barbour does for my old Landlord and shes talking to him about other patients maybe she should not have a licence to be a doctor. Because obviously the junkie shes supplying has such credible input with the qualifications and authority to give it to you. Everything stated here is true factual and supported in document or other. My girl friend sometimes bring this up at work and no one believers her. When they find out shes for real they instantly are shocked doctors get away with this in Canada even in the back woods. This doctor is dangerous and hopefully in time we can pursue the legal avenues to there fullest in a unbiased uninfluenced manner so she can answer for her negligence either criminally or in civil court. If I find the right lawyer this is more than possible. I also post this for any doctors thinking of working in a clinic with her do you want to be around if my legal claims are eventually found to be as serious as I claim? There are better doctors to be involved with.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr. Barbour was most insightful in diagnosing my problem, did prompt testing (hospital work), and found a much more serious issue than I originally thought. She is terrific , has many years of experience and takes time to listen , ask questions, and at no time did I feel rushed. A person who I now know does care about treating people. No pills were pushed on me at any time. Thank you Dr. Barbour- I would like you to be my doctor from now on. Cheers,dk

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I saw Dr.Barbour at a walk-in clinic after battling a nasty cold for 2 weeks. She was thorough in her examination and didn't just push antibiotics on me. She gave me some natural alternatives to start with and gave me a prescription to fill if my symptoms did not go away within the next few days. She could see that I've been battling an infection and that it was getting better. I totally appreciated her open mind and her explanation of how my symptoms are affecting each other, as well as telling me what to watch out for the next few days to decide whether or not I should take the antibiotics. Finally a doctor that takes time to discuss your health, instead of grunting and handing you a prescription.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

Dr. Barbour had no knowledge of PTSD. I was a battered wife and had finally left the marriage. But suffered with PTSD. Also compounded with hyper hyperthyroidism. Dr. Barbour wrote a letter to Nelson Mental Health to a employee of this clinic wanting a strong assessment for axis personalty disorder. A sad and tragic error. This was in 1984. By the late 1990's the same lack of understanding of PTSD compounded with hyperthyroidism led to a misdiagnosis by DR. Andre Piver employed at Nelson Mental Health and Addictions. Due to this my health was impacted severely from being prescribed a combination of drug therapy. Another severe systemic problem in the mental health care system provided by the government is most of the employees are social workers who are called therapists, even named psychotherapists. Be warned. Nelson Mental Health, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Barbour has been my doctor almost 20 years, never had a problem with her, or her treatments, listens well. Has been very considerate with some sensitive issues I've had to deal with, which has been very appreciated. Very professional and polite. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

All good comments must have been written by her or her staff. Must of found her degree in a box of Honeycomb Cereal. Needs a book every time. Enough said!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

All round excellent service. She listens and answers all questions, refers to specialists and does tests as required. She and her staff are most helpful and have created a warm atmosphere in the office. I have had some difficult health issues which were compassionately dealt with and successfully treated.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

my daughter has a medical condition called gastropareses and this doctor insisted she had an eating disorder. has caused us a lot of problems and that label still comes up even though my daughter has gone through major surgery to correct her physical conditon. if she would have listened to us my daughter could have gotten the help she needed and would probably been fine today. My daughter is tube feeding 13 hours a day to stay alive. this doctor has a closed mind and doesn't listen

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

We recently moved to Slocan Park from Vancouver and were lucky enough to get Dr. Barbour. My mother who is 80 and has had ongoing health issues since our move has been getting excellent care and service from Dr. Barbour and her staff. The doctor has called me at home several times to check on my mom's condition which was most appreciated.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

THIS IS ONE DOCTOR WHO SHOULD STAY HOME .SHE PUT THAT I WAS HEP-C ON MY CHART WHEN I TOLD HER I WAS HEP-A WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 35 YEARS TO THE SAME WOMEN,AND TRYED TO TELL HER MY WIFE WAS LOSEING HER MEMORY,SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE DID NOT WHAT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM ME ABOUT'" MY" WIFE LIKE HELLO, I LIVE WITH THIS WOMEN FOR 35 YEARS IF I DO NOT SEE IT THEN YOU ARE GOING TO SEE IT IN ONE VISIT..HAD TO REFER TO A BOOK ALL THE TIME ,VERY POOR MANNER..

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008