Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Owens

Dr. Fred is the rudest dr. I know. He is out for money only. I would never recommend his clinic to anyone. He walked out of me because I. Wanted to get my hearing aids from Costco.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I went to this place seeking help and all they were interested in was Money.This butcher of a doctor should be closed down and never harm another person like he did me.He operated on me before he got a CAT scan and if he had got that CAT scan first he would have seen I was not a candidate for a cochlear implant.He not only did 1 operation but a 2nd failed one that has left me with so many physical problems I barely function.I tried to sue him but with Texas retort reform the patient comes out on the short end of a stick because the lawyers can't or won't take your case because their ain't enough money in it for them.God will even things out for me but as for you people out there check out his reviews.I wish I had checked them out first

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Bad bedside manner. Surgery was not successful and his explanation was not detailed enough. If he can not explain to you what he is going to do or what went wrong then you need to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

This guy was a jerk. what a waste of time. Didn't explain anything and acted inpatient and irritated when asked questions like he was too good to be bothered. I recommend you see someone else-don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr Owens is an amazing surgeon! We are very pleased with the medical results. However, patients should be warned that his office is extremely difficult to do business with. We encountered issues with surgery scheduling, billing, presciption refills and insurance claims. Great doctor, less than satisfactory administrative practice.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

I read several negative comments on the internet about Dr. Owens, and it made me apprehensive about seeing him. I'm glad I didn't believe the few reviews written about him. Dr Owens was every bit professional and courteous as any doctor I've seen. He was polite in answering my questions and did not try to run out of the room as soon as he walked in. He also made me feel comfortable about the procedure by taking additional time to describe it to me in laymen terms. I highly recommend Dr Owens.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Dr.Bob Owens and his staff, especially Donna were wonderful. I came in from El Paso for my surgery and they all were extremely helpful and informative. I had a list of questions ready for the doctor and he took time to answer every single question. The post appt was just as wonderful and I can hear. I would highly recommend Dr. Owens and his staff. Thank you for your great service and for restoring my hearing. YOU ARE MY BLESSINGS.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

He was the best. Our first visit there for my one year old son was great. He was very patient with my son and was down at his level. Surgery was very fast and np problems. My son can now hear me and not only that but sleeps through the night. I would strongly recomend him!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

Worked on my son - always late- sometimes hours late to see us for an appointment I had traveled 3 hours for- surgery was unsuccessful but so they ever bill you fast and want their money- the got all the money from insurance and over 1500 from us when we hit a financial snag- I know that's not their problem but I asked if they would be willing to shave a tiny bit of the cost since the surgey was not even successful- are you kidding? Not on your life- I thought office managers would work with you on this kind of stuff. So we got reported to a credit agent and did pay it all off- so this year our Dr. over here in Abilene said we needed to go back to have the surgery again- maybe this time it would be successful- yeah- I laughed in his face- We'll stay in town for this procedure.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2006

My son (10yrs old) has a mystery hearing loss. We found out through a school hearing screening and were taken aback. After visiting him, I was more confused because he did not have time to explain anything. He was in and out in a flash. Now, this is my child we're talking about,therefore I expected answers.His audiologist tested my son and explained a little, but not enough. She was a "dud" too. Dr. Owens was not personable and did not impress me a bit. A BIG waste of time and money (driving 60 miles in heavy traffic and $30 later- nothing). Why would you want someone like this? Save your time and $$.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2006

Dr. Robert M. Owens's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1992)