Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Chow

Dr Chow should not be allowed to practice medicine! He accused me of being a drug seeker and did not even examine me. He has no bedside manner and just yells at the patients. He asked me if I wanted an ultrasound and had to go back the next day. I know of others who have been sent home with head injuries, etc. His license should be taken away!!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

After having X-rays done at GNMI it was determined that my child had two fractures in her elbow (growth plate). Were told to go to the hospital and have it immobilized immediately. I brought the Xray CD so that they could see what the radiologist had seen. Dr. Chow said she was fine and totally dismissed us. He was arrogant and ignorant. The nurse told me if I didn't like it to go to MAC. Two weeks later and now my daughter has to see an orthopaedic surgeon because it was indeed fractured. This man should not be treating anybody!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I went into the ER at around 11pm for a dislocated shoulder. I first meet a nurse who was a very nice kind lady who helped and explain everything to me. Then Dr Chow came in. First thing he says " you okay. "You shoulder hurt" in a think accent and poor English "I said it's dislocated and I need it put back in. Then the guy just leaves. Like wtf. Anyways. Like 30 minutes later I get given a sedative and my shoulder is put back in. He was rude, no beside manor, was very rough and not a good dr overall. I don't care if he passed us medical exams. The NHS needs to choose dr who are well rounded. Not some joe fresh off the boat who claims he's a dr

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

i suffer from extreme abcesses under my arms and near my lady bits. he has threatened both times not to treat me when i go in major panic attack. the last time he treated ny underarm he had my friend who just supported me through my breakdown clean up the bloody mess my arm made. she was fine with it till we realizef why he didnt calla nurse to help us. we requested water for me and i didnt get it till 30 mins later and im 7 months pregnant. he also had the nerve to tell me that i wont do good in labour acting the way i do when someon3s shoving a needle in a very sore part of my body. he needs to go. this is stupid behavior for a dr

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I was seen by Dr Chow in ER with a pain rating of 7-8 even while on Percocet prescribed a day earlier by another ER Dr. The pain and swelling were on my face and ear. Dr Chow manipulated my swollen painful areas roughly and told me I had an ear infection. He ordered an ultrasound. The u/s tech was very gentle and considerate. I waited for a long time for the results which gave me the opportunity to observe his other patient interactions. He talks very loudly in very poor English so there was no confidentiality at all. My u/s showed significant swelling in my lymph nodes which he claimed were due to my ear infection. He pulled at my ear and said he would insert a wick into the swollen shut ear canal. He did it so hard I was unable to contain myself and shrieked. He sent me on my way with instructions to see an ENT (Dr Tang in Welland) the following day. I did see the ENT who said my ear drum was absolutely fine and no infection after very gently removing the wick. He diagnosed parotitis and was understanding of my pain. Gave me valuable advice and booked me a follow up appointment a week later. Dr Chow was just horrible. He caused me pain and upset and totally misdiagnosed me. I will never allow him to treat me or my family members again.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

This doctor is a joke. He said I was just having a migraine, when I was actually having a TIA- often labeled “mini-stroke". It is more accurately characterized as a “warning stroke,” a warning you should take very seriously... By recognizing TIA symptoms and getting to the hospital, the patient can get help in identifying why the TIA occurred and get treatment — either through medication or surgery — that can prevent a stroke from occurring. He could have prevented me from having the stroke.... He ruined my life....

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

he is a right from a cracker jack box, complete idiot, years ago sent me home saying to me im okay saying only bad cold, after i took xrays of chest before he saw me and said everything okay, i knew i was not good that something was really wrong so i was determine to see another doctor and to my surprise , whole one side was full of pneumonia, what a moron, well to my bad luck again i went in to see a doctor again and i got him to give me final results after xrays, ultrasound, blood test and urine test for very bad stomach gas and bloating for two months,, and all he said to me when he saw me, you okay, lmao, and ask me if i smoked, what a complete joke, i still have this problem today, this doctor will get sued very soon, and so will the hospital, i have had enough of this clown, has no clue what he is doing, . WE ALL KNOW OURSELVES THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WHEN WE FEEL ILL AND THE SAME TIME THIS MORON WILL TELLYOU ITS WHITE EVEN IF IT IS BLACK OR NITE WHEN IT IS DAYLIGHT, THIS IS HOW FAR OFF THIS DOCTOR IS

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I am confused to how and why NHS allows this Doctor to work on staff???

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Jon Chow's abysmal RateMD average astounds my wife and me. We saw him in Emerg circa 2012 for me and in May 2014 for my wife. Both times we found him friendly, empathetic, and thorough. Yes, his English needs to improve. Full disclosure: We do not know him socially.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I saw Dr Chow last week when I came into emerg with extreme back pain. I couldnt sit or bend over without pain. Dr Chow had terrible bedside manner, he didnt take time to listen to my concerns. I went for an xray and other tests, and he came back saying my xray was fine and my back pain was muscular probably due to the kidney infection that came up on the tests. I was told to come back the next day for ultrasound of kidney. next day, went for ultra sound - when i saw dr for those results ((dr weins) she was very professional and took the time to explaing things to me - and she looked at my xrays and found a defect and i have a condition where part of the vertabrae had slipped out of place and that was causing my back pain. Dr Chow is terrible and shouldnt be working in an ER.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014