Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Chow

Although at times hard to understand, the comments on tis site are just dreadful, very good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

This doctor is the absolute worst doctor I’ve ever seen. Saw him in the ER in May 2018. Didn’t listen to me. I asked for a cat scan, he gave me one because another doctor had requested one. Told me there was nothing wrong with me. I asked where we could go from here. I had to ask for future appointments. It was like I had to do the work myself. He also told me that my 9 month old baby was Too old to breastfeed. He told me she should have weened long so and laughed at me. Horrific doctor. Should not be allowed to “practice” medicine.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

This Dr was horrible. Kept my mom waiting forever and she has cancer. Went to fill my mom's prescription for her and he hadn't written how many capsules to take for how many days so her meds got delayed. Aslo asked 3 times when she started chemo but she hadn't started it yet. How is he a dr? Also did not introduce himself when he first walked in. Terrible bedside manor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

When he first approached me I didn’t know he was a doctor. I was confused, I didn’t know what he was saying or trying to ask me. He just says random words and puts them in a question. CT scan? Sore? Ankle? Why are you asking me if I need a CT scan, aren’t you the doctor?

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Chow is a man who looked at me and my eyes and after 3 sec said that I need a ct scan. So ,after 2 hours I was diagnosed with the brain tumour that was missed for over 15 years. My daughter was crying,but I personally never felt better. Finally I knew that all my morning headaches,pains and mood switch were real and somatic. Now I have already been operated and feel great. Dr. Chow gave me peace, and health. THANK YOU,

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I took my 86 year old mother to Niagara General emergency with severe pain in her shoulder. I've never seen my mother in such pain. Dr Chow was her doctor in emergency that day. They did an X-ray of my mom's shoulder. I told the doctor that my mom had stopped taking her blood thinners for a week because she was having a cancerous spot removed from her head. My mom was suppose to stop the blood thinners for 24 hours, not a week, but she was confised and stopped for a week. After looking at the X-ray, dr. Chow delivered the news that the pain was caused by arthritis as he tapped her on her bad should. We talked to my mothers family doctor about it at her appointment following the emergency visit. The family doctor informed us that my mom had suffered a stroke. It was NOT arthritis like dr. Chow had told us. You would hope any doctor would be able to determine the difference between arthritis or stroke. Especially when I told him that she had stopped the blood thinners. I would NOT let this so called doctor touch me.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr Chow should not be allowed to practice medicine! He accused me of being a drug seeker and did not even examine me. He has no bedside manner and just yells at the patients. He asked me if I wanted an ultrasound and had to go back the next day. I know of others who have been sent home with head injuries, etc. His license should be taken away!!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

After having X-rays done at GNMI it was determined that my child had two fractures in her elbow (growth plate). Were told to go to the hospital and have it immobilized immediately. I brought the Xray CD so that they could see what the radiologist had seen. Dr. Chow said she was fine and totally dismissed us. He was arrogant and ignorant. The nurse told me if I didn't like it to go to MAC. Two weeks later and now my daughter has to see an orthopaedic surgeon because it was indeed fractured. This man should not be treating anybody!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I went into the ER at around 11pm for a dislocated shoulder. I first meet a nurse who was a very nice kind lady who helped and explain everything to me. Then Dr Chow came in. First thing he says " you okay. "You shoulder hurt" in a think accent and poor English "I said it's dislocated and I need it put back in. Then the guy just leaves. Like wtf. Anyways. Like 30 minutes later I get given a sedative and my shoulder is put back in. He was rude, no beside manor, was very rough and not a good dr overall. I don't care if he passed us medical exams. The NHS needs to choose dr who are well rounded. Not some joe fresh off the boat who claims he's a dr

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

i suffer from extreme abcesses under my arms and near my lady bits. he has threatened both times not to treat me when i go in major panic attack. the last time he treated ny underarm he had my friend who just supported me through my breakdown clean up the bloody mess my arm made. she was fine with it till we realizef why he didnt calla nurse to help us. we requested water for me and i didnt get it till 30 mins later and im 7 months pregnant. he also had the nerve to tell me that i wont do good in labour acting the way i do when someon3s shoving a needle in a very sore part of my body. he needs to go. this is stupid behavior for a dr

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017