Ratings for Dr. Allison Howatt

Dr Howatt has been my Dr for about 10 years. I have complete faith and trust in her.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Saw Dr Howatt in emerg after my 6 year old split her chin open. I explained to her that she had a needle phobia and might need to be given something or calm her down. Her response was that she needed to suck it up and refused to give her anything. She then proceeded to try using 2 residents to restrain her and hold her head to give stitches. We ended up leaving the hospital with a poorly glued together cut and and child that is petrified f drs now!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Have seen her on more the one occasion in the emergency. She was very cold and always wearing just jeans and a fleece sweater. You only knew she was a doctor when you read the little tag around her neck. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr. Howatt looked after me when in hospital with broken ribs. Although she is not my family doctor, she was thorough, knowledgable, very kind and caring. One of her patients was in the same room and couldn't say enough good things about Dr. Howatt. If she is taking patients, I would highly recommend Dr. Howatt

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

My BEST GP in Salmon Arm ...would highly recommend if she takes in new patients .I live with type 1 diabetes for over 32 yrs , listens to me when we discuss certain treatment options .

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Howatt has been our family GP for about 8 years now. She is excellent, extremely knowledgeable, and willing to explore more than one treatment path. She is to the point and doesn't waste time but I appreciate that.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Have seen her twice in ER at Hospital so rating staff at hospital. One visit was due to Mental health issues. Her knowledge and willingness to listen to me averted the administering of a drug I previously had a serious allergic reaction to. My second visit was relative to pain and the results of a CT scan of my cervical spine. She had all the info, reviewed the scan briefly with me and referred me to a pain specialist. She showed compassion towards my pain and provided me with an appropriate prescription. It was at lower end of meds on an equianalgesic chart(T3s) but that is what had previously worked for a large herniation and 2 pinched nerves including the sciatic so that was what I explained. I was very grateful for the extra time she took at the end of our 2nd meeting to listen to the events surrounding my earlier admission related to my mental health. I respect the time she devotes to the ER, her attentiveness to patients concerns and appropriate medical responses. Thanks Doc!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr Howatt seems stressed or unsure of herself. She does not instil that feeling of confidence needed when you are vulnerable and scared. Tells you how it is and seems rushed. However she is probably overworked as well and in fairness to her she probably has too many patients and too much is expected of her. Did not feel like I had any say into my care. Felt more like a parent child relationship....she was the boss and that was that!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I have had Dr.Howat as my family Dr. for nearly 5 years now and I have only seen her personally attend an appointment twice and that was only by request. I have only seen UBC med students or a locum. When I did make a point to request an appointment with her she showed little interest and did no follow-up on a case that certainly required it. I am switching today since I am afraid she has way too little interest and will be the cause of a disdiagnosis or missed all together.... not impressed with her at all.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I feel very comfortable being counseled by Dr.H.We are able to discuss my path to continued health and look forward to a lengthy doctor/patient relationship . Office staff very helpful as well in answering my questions in person or by phone .

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010