Ratings for Dr. Michael Peters

This is Dr Michael Peters responding to 1/7/2010 review: When a child is first seen and the problem is a viral infection, there is little that we can do short of trying to make the patient as comfortable as possible. There are no antibiotics for viruses. A fever is one way a body responds to a viral or bacterial infection. If an illness progresses into bacterial pneumonia or bronchitis, we can then treat with antibiotics. I understand that it can be difficult. When your child gets an illness and the child is brought in too soon when the illness is still viral, it can be extremely frustrating when we cannot do much to help the viral infection. Usually the virus simply runs its course. No antibiotics are needed. Rarely, complications do occur. If the complication is bacterial, it then can be treated with antibiotics. It is the unnecessary use of antibiotics for a simple viral infections that causes bacterial infections that are resistant to antibiotics. We already have bacterial infections that are resistant to many antibiotics. Physicians are fearful that bacterial infections will be resistant to all of our antibiotics and therefore will be untreatable if antibiotics are not used judiciously. We make it clear to our patients. Most illnesses are viral. We also practice appropriate medicine. If you expect an antibiotic prescription every time you come in, then this is not the practice for you.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

This is Dr Michael Peters responding to 6/29/2010 review: We remember things differently. I did not count off the number of lines in my notes, but rather the number of complaints that you came in for. Because there were numerous complaints involving a much more detailed and lengthy visit, I appropriately charged for an extended visit because more time was spent with you than would have been for a visit with far fewer issues. If you still have concerns over these matters, please call to discuss them. I would be happy to take your call.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Took a lot of notes during an office visit. Was charged for an exteneded visit. When I called to find out why the bill was so much, he actually counted off the number of lines of his notes to me on my cell phone. Not very nice.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

He did an incorrect diagnosed with my daughter, she was coughing a lot and he said was nothing to worry, however she developed fever and keep coughing, next day I made another appointment and was diagnosed with infection in the lungs and by the way his approach was very arrogant.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

Recently, my 7-month-old son was hospitalized with a staph infection and 105 degree fever. First, the emergency room doctor had difficulty contacting Dr. Peters despite the fact that he was on call on a Saturday morning. The emergency room physician pleaded with Dr. Peters to make himself available to see my son the next day on Sunday. Dr. Peters refused, since his practice doesn't have office hours on Sundays ( I later learned that the practice does open up when there are enough cases. So Sunday availability is seemingly based on financial merit.) Dr. Peters did vow to make a call to us to follow up and check on my son's condition the next day, however. The call never came. My wife and I had to make a return visit to the ER. Dr. Peters never called and never apologized. I recently discussed this incident with Dr. Peters. Rather than apologize for his substandard care, he excused himself by saying that he did not remember who my son is.

Submitted April 2, 2007

Dr. Michael Peters's Credentials

• Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med, Stratford Nj 08084 (Grad. 1989)

Harvard-Pilgrim