Ratings for Dr. J. Rick Lyons

This doctor treated my dad's broken foot. He completely missed blood clots in my dad's leg from the fracture. My dad still had swelling weeks after treatment. Thank God his primary care doctor caught it. Dr. Lyon came across as nice guy, but now I certainly don't think he's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Completely misdiagnosed my injury. If he is your doctor please get a second opinion. I later learned he is an insurance company man. He gets paid by them when siding for the company. Please please get a second opinion before letting this doctor treat you.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

He is simply amazing at what he does. He shows interest in the patient and their care. Definitely going back to him for any more orthopedic issues.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Lyon is a great doctor, I have been to several over the years and he did surgery on my daughter. I highly recommend him to everyone! He will listen and put a plan in place. I needed a series of PT to benefit my back problems and now I have no pain!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Lyon has been wonderful! He took his time and explained everything to my daughter who had a fractured growth plate. He took extra time to discuss her interest in a career in medicine and has mentored her for her senior project.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

had many visits there and he did nothing to help, of course recommended physical therapy that he partially owns and if you need paperwork filled out,better have a hefty bank account and be prepared to wait a long time after you pay way too much for it.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

I disagree with the above the comments. I have been having pain with my knee and Dr. Lyon was my second opinion. The docs in Lexington all want to operate but Dr. Lyon's conservative approach with physical therapy first was a treatment I agree with. His caring personality will keep me coming back.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Didn't seem to have time for me. Didn't explain much. Referred me to physical therapy again. He is part owner in physical therapy office so...

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

No empathy with senior patients, no caring or concern and did not handle broken arm in reasonable manner.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Tends to be very abrupt - not easy to talk to and spends very little time with the patient. Surgical skills better and probably the best of the group.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007