Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

Awful crazy red head creature at the front desk should be behind bars and not with customers at all. No manners no ethics

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I am currently looking for an eye doctor. I have read the reviews & ratings of many ophthalmologists in Calgary in attempting in make my decision. I am very concerned with all the negative comments that are written about Dr. Savage's staff. I would assume Dr. Savage would take these comments seriously. He may be a good physician but will lose patients because of his front office staff. Hopefully someone has reported the staff to the BBB or Human Rights Commission because this is not acceptable behavior! I will continue my search as I certainly do not want to deal with this type practice.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

The doctor is very kind amazingly skilled, however there was a very RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, CONTROLLING and COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL BULLEY at the front desk. After my partner went to park the car, I was moved from one side of the waiting room to the other. When he came back, he saw that I had moved and came and sat beside me, a few steps from the waiting area I was originally seated at. (Basically I was moved from the left side of the reception desk to tge right, in a room filled with more empty chairs than people). This apparently is "against the rules" and "you are not allowed to move to the next seating area beside your companion, unless you are with them when they are instructed to move". She made a scene coming over to scold us for this in front of the entire room. It was completely absurd!! The woman needs counselling and medication.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Doctor Savage has been my Doctor for 25 years. Started with him when I had a detached retina, he surgically reattached it and it is still okay. Fifteen years ago he diagnosed me with glaucoma. He gave me treatment and it stayed stable. Three weeks ago he preformed cataract surgery on my right eye and Monday he did the surgery on my left eye. Both surgeries have been very successful. Doctor Savage and his staff have always been very professional with me and I get very upset when I see negative comments as after my 25 years as his patient I have never had any reason to complain about ANYTHING. Doctor Savage has saved my sight!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

The best I eye doctor I have ever found in Calgary

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr. Paul R. Savage is a real magician in his business! In July of this year I had an accident - I slipped on the wet floor and fell down very badly. An ambulance took me to the hospital. Since then my vision was getting worse and worse. By November I could no longer read newspapers, books, could not work on the computer. I could not see the numbers on the buses. Everything was in a fog, covered with shroud. No glasses or magnifying glass was helping. I had a laser surgery done by Dr. Paul R. Savage on 14.11.2017. I immediately felt a great improvement in my vision. Now I can see everything clearly. I can read without any problems or work on the computer. Many thanks to Dr. Paul R. Savage! Dr. Paul R. Savage is a real magician in his business! Lev Briskin

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Unbelievably nasty behaviour this red headed bully has at the front desk !! The way she manipulates patients and especially her front staff is disgusting , degrading and absurd. How is this women even aloud to place a foot in this building ? It honestly just blows my mind .She not only should be fired but put behind bars for racial comments for treating immigrants in such a manner that police should even become involved . I have already written my statement of the abuse her own staff recieve from her , I was checking in the other day and had my cell phone powered on in the building as I was getting ready to power it off she literally yelled at the young lady who was helping me and would not even let her continue checking me in without harassing her to tell me to power off my phone . This women is an animal !! I cannot believe anyone would even want to work for this place . The hours these poor immigrants work is beyond the normal legal hours anyone in Canada should ever work. I will refer to the labour board and have them review how many hours these people are working a week . My father was in recently for a postoperative appointment and these poor people had already started there day at 6:30 in the morning . This is abuse at its finest ! I have also been there waiting to see the doctor for over 3 hours and have sat in that waiting room till at least 6:30pm . College of physicians you need to take action immediately this is very alarming and concerning should not happen in Canada . We have laws to protect us .

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I was impressed with the efficiency and detail of the tests and the time Dr Savage took to explain his findings

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

He is a great physical. Knows a lot. Is ethical. And his office runs very efficiently Common knowledge he's the best.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr Savage is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. However his front staff is the worse I have ever encountered. My husband has only one eye and when we go in for an appointment there is an issue and we are upset enough as it is. The receptionist called me rude because I asked her if I could schedule his appointment in my phone( apparently we are to shut our phones right off) she actually continued to start another upset as I was walking out the door. They are controlling, rude and just plain mean. This has been going on for years and I see no sign of it stopping. I think the patients need to carry signs saying abuse won't be tolerated! Sad that Mrs Savage cannot see a way to have a well run office without resorting to threats, intimidation and name calling. The patients have enough to deal with if they are there.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017