You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Savage

Dr. Paul Savage's Ratings

The manager is Dr.Savages Wife, so i believe that's why their clinic is so strict and they actively enforce it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

It has been 3 days and the staff have not returned my call to rebook an appointment that they cancelled. I think they need to refresh their customer service. do not know who runs this office. They will not give out the manager's name. Wonder why?

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2836234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Elbow Retina Centre is unethical, unprofessional, disrespectful,humiliating and confrontational all while waiting on the chair with blurred/frozen vision. The office staff is ran (or appears to be ran) by a red headed woman who seems heartless and lacks compassion. It seems as though there is a no kid policy, no drink policy, no phone policy and a no to pretty much everything policy. So while they insist in their policy that I cannot drive home from my appointment, my wife, 10 year old son, 8 year old daughter came to pick me up and quietly went to wait in the waiting room for the remaining 10 minutes. They were rudely confronted, were handed a policy sheet (the sixth one I had seen been handed out while I was there no joke) and told to get off the premesis due to the "no drink no kid policy". My wife simply responded "that's ridiculous" And she actually kicked them out of the building to wait in the 31c heat until they finished with me. UNBELIEVABLE! She then proceeded to barg into my room where I was waiting for the Dr. just to tell me that they kicked my family out due to the no drink and no kid policy. She then proceeded to tell me that I need to talk to my wife and let her know that they do not tolerate rude behaviour. LIKE WTF? I didn't say one word to her and just starred her down with what vision I had at the time. She left the room rather quickly and not one minute later she sent one of her employees In to hand me one of their policy sheets. (That makes 7 reminder policy sheets that were handed out to their patients). I could go on more but won't at this point. I 100% would recommend ANYWHERE BUT THERE from the bottom of my heart.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2835417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

The previous comment was likely written by someone who works there or has never been in that office.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2823364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

referred to Dr Savage after 3 bungling treatments from Mitchell eye centre. have found his treatments as superb, with experience, and expertise that belie his reputation and manner in the Alberta province. Have never seen any problems with his wife, and manager, whose operational skills of this office, are meticulous, admirable, and should be seen within all Alberta health care management. to the morons, who complain about cell phone disobedience when there is a sign at the front desk: why should your stupidity that could affect testing and instrumentation in the office be condoned?? what moron patients would bring children to their SPECIALIST APPOINTMENTS?? check with the Eye Centre personnel at the Rockyview Hospital; they will inform anyone that they will recommend/specify/designate Dr. Savage and his medical specialist practice, AS THE ONLY ONE THEY WOULD SEEK.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2823229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I would have to start by saying Dr. Savage saved my vision with an emergency retinal detachment operation 6 years ago on New Year's Eve. Since then I have 20/25 vision corrected in the eye and have returned to my flying career. He is an excellent Doctor and the facility is excellent for anyone with any eye issues. I will also comment that I have experience everything listed on this website. However, today was a different story..
The reception was friendly and they had me fill out the usual paperwork. It is the first time I was attended to in the first 5 minutes after coming here for 6 years. I completed all pre examination eye test, blood pressure, drops etc within 15 mins. I was in one of the waiting rooms within 30 mins and was seen by Dr. Savage about 10 minutes later. The atmosphere was calm and I even heard a few staff laughing behind the reception desk as I waited for the pre exam tests. The entire place is now run by Phillipine workers who are all very pleasant and courteous. No doubt all on LMO's and working hard to get the residency status. The point of the report is there was no sign of his wife and the tempo of the whole place had changed!!! It was very calm and the hall between the exam rooms were silent. Dr. Savage was very informative during my exam and talked much more even to the point of asking if I had any further questions. He also had a male Phillipine attendant working with him. If Dr. Savage and the entire staff take anything away from this review it would be that they realize the staff are more than capable of running the operation without being abusive or disrespectful to the people who bring him business. No matter what business your in, if you continue to treat you customers poorly they will eventually stop coming...as there are other options!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2806240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Each and every time I have taken my mother to her appointment, I have witnessed abuse by the reception directed toward patients and the people accompanying them. Dr. Savages's patients tend to be a more vulnerable population as the majority are elderly. If this isn't an example of senior abuse, I don't know what is. His horrible office manager should be fired. I don't care if it is his spouse or not. No one should be subjected to her bullying. She should seek professional help for her behaviour toward others. Personality disorder I suspect.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2804614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I wouldn't trust my eyes with any other surgeon but his front desk staff are by Far the rudest, bullying folks I've ever dealt with. On numerous occasions I've seen them make their patience cry. Unacceptable

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2794190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I would agree with all of the comments on this website about the office manager, Dr.Savages wife. I would also add that Dr. Savage rushes through each patient and gets extremely annoyed when you ask for further clarification or ask questions. Coming to the office for appoitments is very stressful and had I had a choice I would not come here. On another note, the technology and the equipment as well as the cleanliness of the office is phenomenal. Its too bad that nothing is being done about the red head- the medical association should step in.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2778840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Savage may be a knowledgeable doctor, but the Red Head that runs everything and everybody is a bully and abusive to the patients. She runs the office like it was her personal jail and has ridiculous rules and regulations. I walked out of this establishment and went to another Ophthalmologist's office to move my files to his office and the staff there were very understanding and sympathetic to my situation. They also confirmed that the working environment at Dr. Savages office is horrible and even the staff there have quit and left because of the Red Headed Witch. I refuse to be bullied by this woman and would never recommend anyone to this doctor's office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770834].votes_count ]]