Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

Awful! Just plain Awful! Dr. Savage is so out of touch with new research and technology. I've been a patient for over 15 years and every check up is a waste of my time. His choice line "theres a lot of promising research" without actually referencing the research being done or what is currently available. You would thing after 15 years something would've come of this "research". Honestly the biggest waste of time and I no longer will be returning to see him. In addition, he messed up my paperwork and initially charged me $200 to fill out a form and after I returned to have it corrected he charged me an additional $200 for his mistake. To make matters worse he wont release my file or any pertinent medical records without charging a significant fee. You think for a retinal specialist he would have some compassion for those who are visually impaired and financially struggling as it is.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr Savage's clinic runs like a clock. Waiting times are minimal. He answers you questions in any detail that one is capable of understanding. I have heard stories about some of the staff, but I've found them all to be competent and friendly. I suppose it is all in the way you approach them.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Dr. Savage is fine. But there are significant issues with his front desk and scheduling people. I have to leave the city and asked for information about how I can get my annual check up either before I leave or in the town I'm moving to in about five weeks. I got told they could do nothing for me. I asked to speak to someone more senior who might be able to help with my questions and got hung up on. So I called my previous retina specialist in Saskatoon (Dr. Colleaux in case you need a retina guy in Saskatoon!). They haven't seen me in over four years but the first person I spoke to politely and professionally gave me helpful on advice on how to proceed. I am mobile due to job instability in a poor economy - dealing with this kind of unprofessionalism in regards to my vision health is the last thing I need in an already-stressful situation. I strongly suggest going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

This office is horriable my daughter was in the hospital and I need to leave my phone on instead of listening to my concerns I was bullied by the office staff. Incredible how they get away with treating people like garbage why doesn't the college of physicians and surgeons do anything

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I had a great experience going to see Dr. Savage. His staff was great, and he was extremely knowledgeable. I have a rare eye condition, and Dr. Savage answered all my questions. He is a credit to his profession!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

The previous comment obviously comes from s racist person. Who with half a brain would associate their experience with going to Tim Hortons? I bet the person who submitted that lives in a trailer some place. I have retinal problems. If I am asked to follow rules, have my eyes dilated I do it. He has saved what vision have left. To the disgruntled patient I say get a grip. I would try and find out who you were if I worked there and take you to task. Racist.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I have been a patient for many years. Great doctor. Great staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Apparently when you see over 80 patients a day, to keep on schedule it requires leaving out important information about procedures, complications and recovery time regarding a person's surgery. As well I do not believe that it is a great idea to have patients sign consent forms without letting them read them first, but of course when a person has had their eyes dilated vision is blurred and that is really impossible. But of course that is why the staff talk about each sheet(six in all) in ten words or less...each sheet had over 250 words on them. Next time I will just go through a Tim Horton's drive=thru.

Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr.Paul Savage saves people's vision. He is able to do that because he has dedicated his life to his craft. He has an incredible partner who has also dedicated her Life to support a particular devoted skill , and as a prudent business women, and together, as a couple, and as Life Partners, should be very proud of. She is a 'Staff Sargent'. Winston Churchill 'Style'. 'Rules are Rules' It is quite simple. Dr.Savage's office reserves the operating rights to run it's office smoothly. The 'Rules' are quite simple. Read them . Follow them. Results: Have your eye sight monitored with the utmost precision. Kindest Regards

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

It makes me wonder how in the world this office stays open with Mrs. Savage and the way she bullies her staff and patients. Dr. Savage is a great doctor and this must be why. The red headed tyrant must be stopped. Does she actually think she is the queen of England? Everybody deserves to be treated like humans and not her "slaves." It is hard to understand how she gets away with this. She keeps her staff under her thumb and will discipline them in front of other staff members and patients, she is rude to patients and will throw them out of the office if they do not follow her every rule. Unbelievable that this is allowed to happen and is a shame for Dr. Savage as he is a highly respected physician and surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Paul Savage's Credentials

• Regence
First Choice Health
Great West
Healthnet
Lifewise
Managed Health Network (Mhn)
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Multiplan
Pacific Source
Phcs
Private Healthcare Systems (Phcs)
Providence