Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

Dr. Savage is an amazing surgeon and to rate him based on his staff is unfair! I required emergency surgery and he worked me into his very busy day. He explained everything he was doing and was most helpful. I would highly recommend him. And I agree that the Philippine staff and very polite.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Savage himself and his assistants are top notch...however his front counter office staff are the worst rude people I have ever met...can't believe he keeps his business with the rudeness shown to clients...impossible to deal with. Worst is Dr. Savages wife...she kicked out and made a pregnant women cry a while back.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

All my doctors praise him and tell me he is the very best in the businesses, and with my experience he seems like it is, he knows exactly what he's talking about, and will take the time to explain the situation.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

In all honesty he preformed an emergency surgery on me that saved my eye, and I continue to see him with absolute no problem, to those who complain about the staff shouldn't rate the doctor badly because of staff. I still have not encountered a problem with either him or his staff, with all the years I've been attending his clinic. My other two other optomologist always preach to me how good he his and says I'm lucky to have him as a suergon.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I had a retinal tear in my left eye that was v alarming to me. I think the office and Dr. Savage are v professional and my anxiety was alleviated greatly by this. V impressive environment. The comments about policies re coffee and cell phones not being allowed are silly. Vision care is a serious matter and this office and its policies reflect this.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I learned the office drill after my first visit.....no cell phone, no Tim Hortons coffee and enjoy CBC TV after being dilated. My character is obedient, so I've never had trouble here. The 16 security cameras is somewhat alarming, but I have 4 around my house anyways. The Dr. is knowledgeable and asks if I have any questions after the consult. I happen to love Philippean women, and this is the place to fall in love. They are obviously under stress in this environment, but respond well to compliments when freezing the eye to take pressure and correcting my view of the eye chart when I make a vision mistake. I wonder how many more appointments until I can talk one of these girls into a date? They are cute! Dirty old man. Haha. These appointments are experiences rather than endurances. I suppose working here is a step up for the girls rather than the night shift at Tim Hortons. And the dark blue uniforms are more flattering than the Tim Hortons brown.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

After years of annual preventative visits that may have been delayed or moved I ended up needing several surgeries, many tests and follow-up visits and have found the staff and Dr. Savage to be great. Now I am the one they may need to move others appointments for (thank you) as Dr. Savage ensures regular follow-up and timely care for those is more emergent situations to help retain as much vision as possible. I don't mind waiting to see an expert in his field. I completely trust Dr. Savage and am glad he is my ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr savage and his staff are great!! Thanks for all your hard work and long hours you put in for all your patients ... Mind I will have to say that red head bully has to leave in order for this clinic to run smooth , she's nasty ugly disgusting piece of meat on earth ...

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I have witnessed some patients who start arguing with the the front desk staff the moment they walk in. On a few occasions, patients have arrived late for their appointment and somehow managed to blame the staff and then verbally attack Mrs. Savage. I have been seeing Dr. Savage for over 20 years, and never have encountered a problem with Dr. or Mrs. Savage or the staff.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta is the governing body for how doctors and their STAFF are to behave. This includes Dr. Savage's wife who manages the clinic and seems to believe she is untouchable. This is NOT the case. If you have been subjected to her bullying and public humiliation as my family member was - Please file a formal complaint to the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta http://www.cpsa.ca/complaints/ We intend to file a formal compliant to the Alberta Human Rights Commission after witnessing how Mrs. Savage treats their employees. Please see: http://www.albertahumanrights.ab.ca/publications/bulletins_sheets_booklets/sheets/hr_and_employment/harassment.asp

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016