Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

It makes me wonder how in the world this office stays open with Mrs. Savage and the way she bullies her staff and patients. Dr. Savage is a great doctor and this must be why. The red headed tyrant must be stopped. Does she actually think she is the queen of England? Everybody deserves to be treated like humans and not her "slaves." It is hard to understand how she gets away with this. She keeps her staff under her thumb and will discipline them in front of other staff members and patients, she is rude to patients and will throw them out of the office if they do not follow her every rule. Unbelievable that this is allowed to happen and is a shame for Dr. Savage as he is a highly respected physician and surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I see most are agreeable that Dr. Savage and his immediate staff are great...I too agree with that, however the front staff including Mrs. Savage are the worst and most rude people I have ever dealt with. The office policy of having your cell completely off is not the issue...it's how it's presented. I was just in the door and took out my cell and was turning it off, and it was a nightmare as how they told me to turn it off...no please, no thank-you, just a rude way of saying turn it off. I too remember the pregnant lady being thrown out...and then MS. Savage actually asking all the patients "what do you all think-do you think this is proper to have her cell phone on"? Of course everyone was in shear panic as to what just happened. Again the staff really should not be in the public eye. Too bad, as Dr. Savage does a great job!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Savage is an amazing surgeon and to rate him based on his staff is unfair! I required emergency surgery and he worked me into his very busy day. He explained everything he was doing and was most helpful. I would highly recommend him. And I agree that the Philippine staff and very polite.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Savage himself and his assistants are top notch...however his front counter office staff are the worst rude people I have ever met...can't believe he keeps his business with the rudeness shown to clients...impossible to deal with. Worst is Dr. Savages wife...she kicked out and made a pregnant women cry a while back.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

All my doctors praise him and tell me he is the very best in the businesses, and with my experience he seems like it is, he knows exactly what he's talking about, and will take the time to explain the situation.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

In all honesty he preformed an emergency surgery on me that saved my eye, and I continue to see him with absolute no problem, to those who complain about the staff shouldn't rate the doctor badly because of staff. I still have not encountered a problem with either him or his staff, with all the years I've been attending his clinic. My other two other optomologist always preach to me how good he his and says I'm lucky to have him as a suergon.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I had a retinal tear in my left eye that was v alarming to me. I think the office and Dr. Savage are v professional and my anxiety was alleviated greatly by this. V impressive environment. The comments about policies re coffee and cell phones not being allowed are silly. Vision care is a serious matter and this office and its policies reflect this.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I learned the office drill after my first visit.....no cell phone, no Tim Hortons coffee and enjoy CBC TV after being dilated. My character is obedient, so I've never had trouble here. The 16 security cameras is somewhat alarming, but I have 4 around my house anyways. The Dr. is knowledgeable and asks if I have any questions after the consult. I happen to love Philippean women, and this is the place to fall in love. They are obviously under stress in this environment, but respond well to compliments when freezing the eye to take pressure and correcting my view of the eye chart when I make a vision mistake. I wonder how many more appointments until I can talk one of these girls into a date? They are cute! Dirty old man. Haha. These appointments are experiences rather than endurances. I suppose working here is a step up for the girls rather than the night shift at Tim Hortons. And the dark blue uniforms are more flattering than the Tim Hortons brown.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

After years of annual preventative visits that may have been delayed or moved I ended up needing several surgeries, many tests and follow-up visits and have found the staff and Dr. Savage to be great. Now I am the one they may need to move others appointments for (thank you) as Dr. Savage ensures regular follow-up and timely care for those is more emergent situations to help retain as much vision as possible. I don't mind waiting to see an expert in his field. I completely trust Dr. Savage and am glad he is my ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr savage and his staff are great!! Thanks for all your hard work and long hours you put in for all your patients ... Mind I will have to say that red head bully has to leave in order for this clinic to run smooth , she's nasty ugly disgusting piece of meat on earth ...

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016