You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

I learned the office drill after my first visit.....no cell phone, no Tim Hortons coffee and enjoy CBC TV after being dilated. My character is obedient, so I've never had trouble here. The 16 security cameras is somewhat alarming, but I have 4 around my house anyways. The Dr. is knowledgeable and asks if I have any questions after the consult. I happen to love Philippean women, and this is the place to fall in love. They are obviously under stress in this environment, but respond well to compliments when freezing the eye to take pressure and correcting my view of the eye chart when I make a vision mistake. I wonder how many more appointments until I can talk one of these girls into a date? They are cute! Dirty old man. Haha. These appointments are experiences rather than endurances. I suppose working here is a step up for the girls rather than the night shift at Tim Hortons. And the dark blue uniforms are more flattering than the Tim Hortons brown.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

After years of annual preventative visits that may have been delayed or moved I ended up needing several surgeries, many tests and follow-up visits and have found the staff and Dr. Savage to be great. Now I am the one they may need to move others appointments for (thank you) as Dr. Savage ensures regular follow-up and timely care for those is more emergent situations to help retain as much vision as possible. I don't mind waiting to see an expert in his field. I completely trust Dr. Savage and am glad he is my ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr savage and his staff are great!! Thanks for all your hard work and long hours you put in for all your patients ... Mind I will have to say that red head bully has to leave in order for this clinic to run smooth , she's nasty ugly disgusting piece of meat on earth ...

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I have witnessed some patients who start arguing with the the front desk staff the moment they walk in. On a few occasions, patients have arrived late for their appointment and somehow managed to blame the staff and then verbally attack Mrs. Savage. I have been seeing Dr. Savage for over 20 years, and never have encountered a problem with Dr. or Mrs. Savage or the staff.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

The Dr's wife works as manager or in some capacity in his office. She's a terrible person, rude, mean and very disrespectful. When I told the dr I was treated badly he called me a liar and walked out!!! What in the world kind of place. Avoid this office at all costs!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta is the governing body for how doctors and their STAFF are to behave. This includes Dr. Savage's wife who manages the clinic and seems to believe she is untouchable. This is NOT the case. If you have been subjected to her bullying and public humiliation as my family member was - Please file a formal complaint to the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta http://www.cpsa.ca/complaints/ We intend to file a formal compliant to the Alberta Human Rights Commission after witnessing how Mrs. Savage treats their employees. Please see: http://www.albertahumanrights.ab.ca/publications/bulletins_sheets_booklets/sheets/hr_and_employment/harassment.asp

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr Savage Might Be well recognized as a Dr in his Field, But this comment is for his Staff. THE MOST UNPROFFESSIONAL RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS women I have ever in my life had come across. Rescheduling appointments and not calling the patient to let them know when they need to take a full 3-4 hours to drive to their site!! Which in Turn requires a driver, whom had to take a day off work (unpaid) to drive them, then have the audacity to tell me to 'listen up' like I am a school kid and they are the teacher?. Does Dr Savage understand how his staff treat his patients and their Families that take care of them? These women should all be FIRED and who ever insists that they work under those conditions should also be FIRED. (She knows who I mean) The BBB and Dr Ethics Committee will be notified of our event today and hopefully this will change. Un acceptable in this year 2016 to ever be treated like this. Shame on you Staff at DR Savage`s Office!!! You are a disgrace to the human Race.!!!! )

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Savage is an excellent ophthalmologist who is both knowledgeable and compassionate. I have a retinal condition causing gradual blindness and recently had cataract surgery. He was great through the procedure and ensures he follows his patient's recovery with many follow-up visits. I find he is excellent in this department. I will not lower his rating as a doctor because of his abominable staff (and they are). The fact that almost are from the Philippines is concerning, showing that this is a way to have cheaper staff (get government subsidies for hiring contract staff at a discount and have practical slave labour). His wife is the office manager and rules the roost with an iron fist, not being adverse to raising her voice and chastising patients for cell-phone use. I will say that abiding by their rules is tantamount to not crossing that barracuda and to ensure you do not have one very embarrassing experience. This staff have the manner of automatons with zero personality and zero compassion, if you are having a bad day I would suggest loading up with some sort of comfort before passing through the door. I see Dr. Savage because he is s dying breed of retinal specialists that do not occur in Calgary with much frequency and because he is an excellent doctor. I will say I highly rate him as a doctor and will suggest you become his patient, but suck it up and obey the rules and do not take his robot staff personally. It is a well oiled machine of an office and I guess we have to credit the Mrs. Savage for something...she keeps the doctor's office well kept and very organized...it's just a shame she thinks that the office and Alcatraz are one and the same thing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I see Dr Savage once a year to monitor my retina. Recently there was a repair needed. I went to the Rockyview for cryotherapy and was terrified because I didn't know what to expect. He himself was very reassuring to me about the procedure, his staff was awesome. I have complete confidence in him. I have seen him in his office as well as a few appts at the Rockyview. I find his staff to be courteous and professional. I consider the fact that occasionally there could be an emergency that would bump me back, but I have never been either place longer than expected. In my experience, this is who you want to entrust your eyes to if it comes to that.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

the worst office staff I have ever dealt with, totally unprofessional, rude, was hung up on 4 times, they wouldn't answer questions. Honestly the office staff should all be fired!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Paul Savage's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I learned the office drill after my first visit.....no cell phone, no Tim Hortons coffee and enjoy CBC TV after being dilated. My character is obedient, so I've..."

April 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After years of annual preventative visits that may have been delayed or moved I ended up needing several surgeries, many tests and follow-up visits and have fou..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr savage and his staff are great!! Thanks for all your hard work and long hours you put in for all your patients ... Mind I will have to say that red head bull..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have witnessed some patients who start arguing with the the front desk staff the moment they walk in. On a few occasions, patients have arrived late for th..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The Dr's wife works as manager or in some capacity in his office. She's a terrible person, rude, mean and very disrespectful. When I told the dr I was treated b..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta is the governing body for how doctors and their STAFF are to behave. This includes Dr. Savage's wife who mana..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Savage Might Be well recognized as a Dr in his Field, But this comment is for his Staff. THE MOST UNPROFFESSIONAL RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS women I have ever in m..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Savage is an excellent ophthalmologist who is both knowledgeable and compassionate. I have a retinal condition causing gradual blindness and recently had c..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I see Dr Savage once a year to monitor my retina. Recently there was a repair needed. I went to the Rockyview for cryotherapy and was terrified because I didn..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "the worst office staff I have ever dealt with, totally unprofessional, rude, was hung up on 4 times, they wouldn't answer questions. Honestly the office staff ..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Since repairing a detached retina in 1992, Dr. Savage and staff have monitored and treated me with the utmost in professionalism and courtesy during my 25 or so..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for over 10yrs over the years the service from staff has got better. I go there for knowledge and expertise from Dr Savage. do I get it, y..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Savage’s patients are treated like cattle by the staff, (I shouldn’t say that, My dad had cattle and treated them better than Dr. Savage’s patients are treat..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I agree with all the comments below, office staff is rude, could not have been said any better. I have experienced it and I am young, not a senior. Looks like ..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This office is a complete joke!!!!! I was excited when I heard dr savage was my grandmothers eye Sergion because he did my eye sergery when I was a teenager aft..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I recommend that patients of Dr. Savage read all the comments below. His office is run by an absolutely heinous bully; his wife as it happens. None the the sit..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "A few years ago I tried to change an appointment time. I couldn't speak to the girl who makes the appointments. Instead I had to speak to another person who the..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My experience at Dr. Savages office was abysmal. Upon walking into the office, we were yelled at to turn our phones off. Apparently this is a "special" office....."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient for 6 years (sigh, retina issues suck) and experiences have been mostly positive...as long as you know how they run the place. Basically, d..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "The manager is Dr.Savages Wife, so i believe that's why their clinic is so strict and they actively enforce it."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "It has been 3 days and the staff have not returned my call to rebook an appointment that they cancelled. I think they need to refresh their customer service. do..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Elbow Retina Centre is unethical, unprofessional, disrespectful,humiliating and confrontational all while waiting on the chair with blurred/frozen vision. The o..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The previous comment was likely written by someone who works there or has never been in that office. "

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "referred to Dr Savage after 3 bungling treatments from Mitchell eye centre. have found his treatments as superb, with experience, and expertise that belie his ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I would have to start by saying Dr. Savage saved my vision with an emergency retinal detachment operation 6 years ago on New Year's Eve. Since then I have 20/25..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Each and every time I have taken my mother to her appointment, I have witnessed abuse by the reception directed toward patients and the people accompanying them..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I wouldn't trust my eyes with any other surgeon but his front desk staff are by Far the rudest, bullying folks I've ever dealt with. On numerous occasions I've ..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I would agree with all of the comments on this website about the office manager, Dr.Savages wife. I would also add that Dr. Savage rushes through each patient a..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Savage may be a knowledgeable doctor, but the Red Head that runs everything and everybody is a bully and abusive to the patients. She runs the office lik..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so grateful to Dr. Paul Savage for saving my eyesight in one eye when I needed laser surgery for my retina. My last visit to the office was on March 23rd,..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I've found Dr. Savage to be a very knowledgable specialist in his field, but he is always way overbooked, and his staff are very stiff and unfriendly. I, among..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After a severe infection left me without sight in my left eye, Dr Savage and his colleague, Dr Murray performed emergency vitrectomy at 1:00 am. I am still wait..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The most abusive office my parents have ever gone to. That office needs to be reported!!!!!!"

January 31, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Savage for many years and I find him to be very competent and answers your questions. HOWEVER his red-headed witch of an office manager ..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst, why the waiting room is full is beyond my understanding. His wife is either stupid, or a bully, or both,"

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best surgeon and most knowledgable From a resident. Dr"

December 7, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Savage is a spineless tool! His wife and staff act disrespectfully to patients because he allows them to act this way. Don't be fooled to think he isn't awa..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Savage, I am so sorry to know that that woman is your wife. Now I have another reason to admire you. Still married!!!!"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Horrendous behavior of the wife of Dr. Savage, who shockingly is also the office manager of his practice! This woman's behaviour is not only overshadowing the..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The office manager is a real treat....in the worst possible way. I'll never be back"

November 6, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "i have seen first hand Carole Savage the manager at Elbow Retina Center verbally abuse patients at the office yelling at them because the elderly patient cant m..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Paul Savage is the best doctor, ever. To me and my family, he's sent by God to do great work for humanity! When I first heard from one eye doctor that I mig..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would rate my experience as a 10/10. The staff was excellant and Dr. Savage was personable, and seem concerned They ran more tests with updated equipment and ..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a patient of dr savage for several years and am amazed at the efficiency of him and all staff he is the best"

September 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for over ten years and have never had a problem with staff they efficient we'll trained and considerate. There is a responsibility of the..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "never had a problem or concern in the last 13 yrs i have been going there , fantastic dr"

September 12, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "OMG!!! I am flabbergasted at my visit to Dr. Savage’s office today. This red headed woman came up behind me in the waiting room and started screaming at me. ..."

September 8, 2014