You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

I see Dr Savage once a year to monitor my retina. Recently there was a repair needed. I went to the Rockyview for cryotherapy and was terrified because I didn't know what to expect. He himself was very reassuring to me about the procedure, his staff was awesome. I have complete confidence in him. I have seen him in his office as well as a few appts at the Rockyview. I find his staff to be courteous and professional. I consider the fact that occasionally there could be an emergency that would bump me back, but I have never been either place longer than expected. In my experience, this is who you want to entrust your eyes to if it comes to that.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

the worst office staff I have ever dealt with, totally unprofessional, rude, was hung up on 4 times, they wouldn't answer questions. Honestly the office staff should all be fired!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Since repairing a detached retina in 1992, Dr. Savage and staff have monitored and treated me with the utmost in professionalism and courtesy during my 25 or so subsequent visits. Moving to the new location provided much more comfort and better flow for patients and for staff also I'm sure. The quality of care continues to be excellent - I'm very happy to have Dr. Savage caring for my eye health!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have been a patient for over 10yrs over the years the service from staff has got better. I go there for knowledge and expertise from Dr Savage. do I get it, yes I do. For those complaining I ask what type of service do you provide when I come to your work place.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr Savage’s patients are treated like cattle by the staff, (I shouldn’t say that, My dad had cattle and treated them better than Dr. Savage’s patients are treated) Staff will not give a first name so the unnamed staff at the front desk needs sensitivity training. Considering many of the patients have visual limitations, the staff should be trained on how to communicate and guide the visually impaired. Use the CNIB. It’s not rocket science. The Staff have no clue how to guide an unsighted patient or how to give specific understandable instructions. For example guiding into furniture and walls-safety of the patient is a concern. I am sounding like a broken record and have experienced much of what was stated below. Cell phone issues- If airplane mode is good enough for aircraft travel, it should be adequate in a nonlife and death environment such as Dr Savage’s office. Get with the 21st century. Maybe Dr. Savage and the staff do not have a life, but we do and it is necessary to look at the calendar to book appointments appropriately. This rating is tainted by the staff's behavior. I am writing a letter directly to Dr Savage and directing him to this website. There will also be a letter to the College of Physicians and Surgeons as well as the Health Minister of Alberta. An organization’s staff behavior is modelled after those at the top.

Submitted December 10, 2015

I agree with all the comments below, office staff is rude, could not have been said any better. I have experienced it and I am young, not a senior. Looks like Dr. Savage will not provide training to his staff for better customer relations in spite of racking millions from AHS.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

This office is a complete joke!!!!! I was excited when I heard dr savage was my grandmothers eye Sergion because he did my eye sergery when I was a teenager after being shot with a paintball gun. But after today's events with my grandmother and mother I am writing this nasty review!!! When my mother came into the docs office she was immediately pounced on saying she had to turn her phone off. She told them her phone is on silent and the red headed secretary demanded that my mother hand over her cell phone!!!!! She actually started coming at my mother to grab it out of her hands!!!! And then when she refused she was kicked out of the office. My grandmother was there still waiting for her operation and she was told that because my mom wouldn't hand over her phone that she wasn't going to see a doctor today!!!!!! Like are you kidding me!?!?!? Picking on a poor defensless old woman!!!! Shame on you!!!!! My grand mother did end up getting her procedure done but we are NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS CLINIC!!! We also vitnessed this red head verbally abuse numerous other people in the office!! Along with awarding at a man for having his car parked in the wrong place and being threatened if he didn't get off his ass right now and move it she was going to have it towed!!!! Unbelievable!!!! Is this what your office has become dr savage!?!?!? After all these years???? NOT IMPRESSED. Fix your staffs attitude or your going to loose a lot of clients

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I recommend that patients of Dr. Savage read all the comments below. His office is run by an absolutely heinous bully; his wife as it happens. None the the situations described below are exaggerations. I won't relate my experience; simply, it is more of the same. I am taking my business elsewhere. That's my vote... on the behalf fellow patients. I am also registering a complaint with the province. Remember too, this is Canada , doctors are public servants. We don't have to put up with this kind of abuse.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

A few years ago I tried to change an appointment time. I couldn't speak to the girl who makes the appointments. Instead I had to speak to another person who then talked to the appointment girl. The girl I talked to did not know what the word "afternoon" meant. She asked me if afternoon meant pm. Hope they have improved, but I doubt it. The thought of going there again fills me with horror.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

My experience at Dr. Savages office was abysmal. Upon walking into the office, we were yelled at to turn our phones off. Apparently this is a "special" office...with "special" equipment. If a cell phone is activated upon entering the door, bad things happen. Had we been asked politely upon entering the door, I would have had no problem turning my phone off. I saw a retinal specialist at a different office a couple of weeks later and he actually used his cell phone while in the exam room. Nothing bad happened. That I know of. But I'm sure his office, comprised of 5 ophthalmology specialists, doesn't have the "special" equipment housed in Dr. Savages office. After that was settled, and we shrank to our seats, We witnessed an elderly gentleman endure verbal abuse by the red head behind the counter. After my examination, I was "kicked out" of Dr. Savages office by Dr. Savage himself. I allegedly called the technician who saw me before Dr. Savage "an idiot". I didn't. I don't believe I've called anyone an "idiot" , not since I was 11 anyways. From my analysis of the place I have come to two possible conclusions regarding this accusation that I called the man an "idiot". 1. The staff there are so kicked into the ground by the "special" red head behind the desk, they have developed a low self esteem or 2. The only staff they can hire (and keep) are the staff who already have extremely low self esteem. The poor guy who accused me of this just stood there the whole time with his eyes averted to the ground. It was pitiful quite frankly. I was told I was not allowed back at the office, which suited me just fine as I would not have wanted to go back. I saw my ophthalmologist who referred me to another retinal specialist. The experience at his office was fantastic. The exact opposite of Dr. Savages office.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Paul Savage's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I see Dr Savage once a year to monitor my retina. Recently there was a repair needed. I went to the Rockyview for cryotherapy and was terrified because I didn..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "the worst office staff I have ever dealt with, totally unprofessional, rude, was hung up on 4 times, they wouldn't answer questions. Honestly the office staff ..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Since repairing a detached retina in 1992, Dr. Savage and staff have monitored and treated me with the utmost in professionalism and courtesy during my 25 or so..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for over 10yrs over the years the service from staff has got better. I go there for knowledge and expertise from Dr Savage. do I get it, y..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Savage’s patients are treated like cattle by the staff, (I shouldn’t say that, My dad had cattle and treated them better than Dr. Savage’s patients are treat..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I agree with all the comments below, office staff is rude, could not have been said any better. I have experienced it and I am young, not a senior. Looks like ..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This office is a complete joke!!!!! I was excited when I heard dr savage was my grandmothers eye Sergion because he did my eye sergery when I was a teenager aft..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I recommend that patients of Dr. Savage read all the comments below. His office is run by an absolutely heinous bully; his wife as it happens. None the the sit..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "A few years ago I tried to change an appointment time. I couldn't speak to the girl who makes the appointments. Instead I had to speak to another person who the..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My experience at Dr. Savages office was abysmal. Upon walking into the office, we were yelled at to turn our phones off. Apparently this is a "special" office....."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient for 6 years (sigh, retina issues suck) and experiences have been mostly positive...as long as you know how they run the place. Basically, d..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "The manager is Dr.Savages Wife, so i believe that's why their clinic is so strict and they actively enforce it."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "It has been 3 days and the staff have not returned my call to rebook an appointment that they cancelled. I think they need to refresh their customer service. do..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Elbow Retina Centre is unethical, unprofessional, disrespectful,humiliating and confrontational all while waiting on the chair with blurred/frozen vision. The o..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The previous comment was likely written by someone who works there or has never been in that office. "

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "referred to Dr Savage after 3 bungling treatments from Mitchell eye centre. have found his treatments as superb, with experience, and expertise that belie his ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I would have to start by saying Dr. Savage saved my vision with an emergency retinal detachment operation 6 years ago on New Year's Eve. Since then I have 20/25..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Each and every time I have taken my mother to her appointment, I have witnessed abuse by the reception directed toward patients and the people accompanying them..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I wouldn't trust my eyes with any other surgeon but his front desk staff are by Far the rudest, bullying folks I've ever dealt with. On numerous occasions I've ..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I would agree with all of the comments on this website about the office manager, Dr.Savages wife. I would also add that Dr. Savage rushes through each patient a..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Savage may be a knowledgeable doctor, but the Red Head that runs everything and everybody is a bully and abusive to the patients. She runs the office lik..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so grateful to Dr. Paul Savage for saving my eyesight in one eye when I needed laser surgery for my retina. My last visit to the office was on March 23rd,..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I've found Dr. Savage to be a very knowledgable specialist in his field, but he is always way overbooked, and his staff are very stiff and unfriendly. I, among..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After a severe infection left me without sight in my left eye, Dr Savage and his colleague, Dr Murray performed emergency vitrectomy at 1:00 am. I am still wait..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The most abusive office my parents have ever gone to. That office needs to be reported!!!!!!"

January 31, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Savage for many years and I find him to be very competent and answers your questions. HOWEVER his red-headed witch of an office manager ..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst, why the waiting room is full is beyond my understanding. His wife is either stupid, or a bully, or both,"

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best surgeon and most knowledgable From a resident. Dr"

December 7, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Savage is a spineless tool! His wife and staff act disrespectfully to patients because he allows them to act this way. Don't be fooled to think he isn't awa..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Savage, I am so sorry to know that that woman is your wife. Now I have another reason to admire you. Still married!!!!"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Horrendous behavior of the wife of Dr. Savage, who shockingly is also the office manager of his practice! This woman's behaviour is not only overshadowing the..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The office manager is a real treat....in the worst possible way. I'll never be back"

November 6, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "i have seen first hand Carole Savage the manager at Elbow Retina Center verbally abuse patients at the office yelling at them because the elderly patient cant m..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Paul Savage is the best doctor, ever. To me and my family, he's sent by God to do great work for humanity! When I first heard from one eye doctor that I mig..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would rate my experience as a 10/10. The staff was excellant and Dr. Savage was personable, and seem concerned They ran more tests with updated equipment and ..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a patient of dr savage for several years and am amazed at the efficiency of him and all staff he is the best"

September 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for over ten years and have never had a problem with staff they efficient we'll trained and considerate. There is a responsibility of the..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "never had a problem or concern in the last 13 yrs i have been going there , fantastic dr"

September 12, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "OMG!!! I am flabbergasted at my visit to Dr. Savage’s office today. This red headed woman came up behind me in the waiting room and started screaming at me. ..."

September 8, 2014