Ratings for Dr. Paul Savage

Dr. Paul R. Savage is a real magician in his business! In July of this year I had an accident - I slipped on the wet floor and fell down very badly. An ambulance took me to the hospital. Since then my vision was getting worse and worse. By November I could no longer read newspapers, books, could not work on the computer. I could not see the numbers on the buses. Everything was in a fog, covered with shroud. No glasses or magnifying glass was helping. I had a laser surgery done by Dr. Paul R. Savage on 14.11.2017. I immediately felt a great improvement in my vision. Now I can see everything clearly. I can read without any problems or work on the computer. Many thanks to Dr. Paul R. Savage! Dr. Paul R. Savage is a real magician in his business! Lev Briskin

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Unbelievably nasty behaviour this red headed bully has at the front desk !! The way she manipulates patients and especially her front staff is disgusting , degrading and absurd. How is this women even aloud to place a foot in this building ? It honestly just blows my mind .She not only should be fired but put behind bars for racial comments for treating immigrants in such a manner that police should even become involved . I have already written my statement of the abuse her own staff recieve from her , I was checking in the other day and had my cell phone powered on in the building as I was getting ready to power it off she literally yelled at the young lady who was helping me and would not even let her continue checking me in without harassing her to tell me to power off my phone . This women is an animal !! I cannot believe anyone would even want to work for this place . The hours these poor immigrants work is beyond the normal legal hours anyone in Canada should ever work. I will refer to the labour board and have them review how many hours these people are working a week . My father was in recently for a postoperative appointment and these poor people had already started there day at 6:30 in the morning . This is abuse at its finest ! I have also been there waiting to see the doctor for over 3 hours and have sat in that waiting room till at least 6:30pm . College of physicians you need to take action immediately this is very alarming and concerning should not happen in Canada . We have laws to protect us .

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I was impressed with the efficiency and detail of the tests and the time Dr Savage took to explain his findings

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

He is a great physical. Knows a lot. Is ethical. And his office runs very efficiently Common knowledge he's the best.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr Savage is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. However his front staff is the worse I have ever encountered. My husband has only one eye and when we go in for an appointment there is an issue and we are upset enough as it is. The receptionist called me rude because I asked her if I could schedule his appointment in my phone( apparently we are to shut our phones right off) she actually continued to start another upset as I was walking out the door. They are controlling, rude and just plain mean. This has been going on for years and I see no sign of it stopping. I think the patients need to carry signs saying abuse won't be tolerated! Sad that Mrs Savage cannot see a way to have a well run office without resorting to threats, intimidation and name calling. The patients have enough to deal with if they are there.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Awful! Just plain Awful! Dr. Savage is so out of touch with new research and technology. I've been a patient for over 15 years and every check up is a waste of my time. His choice line "theres a lot of promising research" without actually referencing the research being done or what is currently available. You would thing after 15 years something would've come of this "research". Honestly the biggest waste of time and I no longer will be returning to see him. In addition, he messed up my paperwork and initially charged me $200 to fill out a form and after I returned to have it corrected he charged me an additional $200 for his mistake. To make matters worse he wont release my file or any pertinent medical records without charging a significant fee. You think for a retinal specialist he would have some compassion for those who are visually impaired and financially struggling as it is.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr Savage's clinic runs like a clock. Waiting times are minimal. He answers you questions in any detail that one is capable of understanding. I have heard stories about some of the staff, but I've found them all to be competent and friendly. I suppose it is all in the way you approach them.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Dr. Savage is fine. But there are significant issues with his front desk and scheduling people. I have to leave the city and asked for information about how I can get my annual check up either before I leave or in the town I'm moving to in about five weeks. I got told they could do nothing for me. I asked to speak to someone more senior who might be able to help with my questions and got hung up on. So I called my previous retina specialist in Saskatoon (Dr. Colleaux in case you need a retina guy in Saskatoon!). They haven't seen me in over four years but the first person I spoke to politely and professionally gave me helpful on advice on how to proceed. I am mobile due to job instability in a poor economy - dealing with this kind of unprofessionalism in regards to my vision health is the last thing I need in an already-stressful situation. I strongly suggest going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

This office is horriable my daughter was in the hospital and I need to leave my phone on instead of listening to my concerns I was bullied by the office staff. Incredible how they get away with treating people like garbage why doesn't the college of physicians and surgeons do anything

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I had a great experience going to see Dr. Savage. His staff was great, and he was extremely knowledgeable. I have a rare eye condition, and Dr. Savage answered all my questions. He is a credit to his profession!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017