Ratings for Dr. Julie A. Newburg

Dr. Newburg is fantastic! Explained everything to me simply, I was in and out in less than an hour, and the staff is super nice. She's going to do surgery on my deviated septum, and there's no one I'd trust more.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. is very gruff, absent minded and rude. Her staff is incompetent. It has taken a week and dozens of phone calls to get them to send the correct prescription to the pharmacy.. We will find a new doc. She is condescending and rough and treats everyone as if they are a bother.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

My husband and I took our three year old to see Dr. Newburg for extremely swollen tonsils. So swollen that they are to the point where they are keeping her up at night and we have had a few vomit sessions while she was sleeping and she now needs to be monitored in her sleep. Dr. Newberg first yelled at our daughter for touching things (if you don't like kids, don't see them) and then quickly looked in her nose and mouth and commented "Wow! You have some monsters in there." After that she asked if our daughter had belly pain. We proceeded to tell her yes, but only after she has been coughing nonstop all day. That kind of coughing would make anyone's belly hurt. But she responded that she thought it could be acid reflux and wanted to put her on Zantac. She didn't even do an exam how would she know she has acid reflux. I have read other comments and maybe for adults she is a good doctor, but I will never bring a child to see her and would not recommend her to anyone else either. All she wants to do is run tests and send our baby to a bunch of other places when she stated herself that she just needs her tonsils out. This was the most ridiculous visit ever.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Took my Father in for ear exam, wax removal. Waited 1 1/2 hours, no contact from staff with expected times. My Father is ear-sensitive - the Doctor seemed never to have experienced this before and had no skills to work through the situation. In the end, she forgot to use an otoscope and had no report regarding wax buildup or eardrum integrity. Used a stiff probe to remove wax, which exacerbated Dad's discomfort, and I though was dangerous because of Dad's jerking response to somebody probing his canals. Ultimately, a the Doc handed off to a CAN who was able to extract some wax. It would have been nice if somebody had looked in his ears before and after the experience and offered a report. Frightening and unprofessional. The Audiologist we went to later did all of the above with no fuss and was better qualified and more informative than this Doc.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I received a second opinion from Dr. Newburg, after going to Dr. Howe. Dr. Howe never scoped my nose and just wanted to do a very painful septoplasty surgery. The first thing Dr. Newburg did was to scope my nose and found a huge polyp. She proceeded to do the surgery and have had very positive results. THANK YOU Dr. Newburg!!!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Julie newburg was the second ent I went to see she was extremely helpful and kind very informative and patient I would use her for all my ent needs the other ent doctor in Pueblo Dr hickson, was harsh and rude to me cause I'm on Medicaid and tried to schedule surgery without discussing it with me.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

she kept insisting i needed to lose weight and would barely talk about the surgery part were going with someone else my exam was 30 seconds after a 30 minute lecture.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

She was in a hurry when the initial consultation was done, and in the office visits after. I think she was rushing through the surgery since the result was poor. I doubt my insurance will pay for the same surgery twice.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

I wanted Julie to correct one problem. Right after the surgery she left something in my upper sinus that caused my nose to run non stop for over two weeks, even when I tried to sleep. I told her about this and she cut me off mid sentence insisting it was allergies. After the stiches were removed the problem was not fixed, but she did leave a little pocket in the skin for debris to collect. I tried to tell her she didn't fix the problem and she again cut me off mid sentence and insisted the results are great. I would not recommend Dr Newburg for any surgery.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

Newburg performed a surgery and said she would use heavy sutures since the tissue would have a memory. When removed a week later, the tissue went back to its original position. After I brought this to her attention she tried to convince me it was much better now than before the surgery. I'm very disappointed to have this surgery with no visible results.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

Dr. Julie A. Newburg's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Pueblo, CO