Ratings for Dr. John Crowley

During my colonoscopy afew years ago I came awake and was screaming - he said oh I`m half way done and I cant give you anymore medication- suffered for 4 days in pain. glad he is retyires would never have him again!!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Crowley is one of the best doctor's I have ever had. He is very compassionate and understanding. A rare find in medical care in todays rushed world. A breath of fresh air. I left my appointment with hope, and smiling. Thank you. I am lucky to have been able to have met him. I would trust this doctor with my life. He may be retired, but he is one of the best doctors. I wish they made doctors like him still. He should train others.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Crowley is my HERO. He was very kind , delightful and truly caring. He came twice a day to see during my ten day hospital stay. He not only saved my life from cancer but also went above and beyond with his thoroughness. He was a bright spot in a very scary time. I will miss him now that he has retired his practise. I know he is the best there is and anybody he operated on was very lucky they had him. I know I was.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I just recently had a colonoscopy done by Dr. Crowley and hope I never need another one. Nothing was explained to me by any of the staff and I ended up in a great deal of pain during the procedure. Dr. Crowley didn't introduce himself to me, nor tell me about what was going to happen even after the nurse told him I'd never had a previous colonoscopy. I had no idea what to expect and it was very scary because of the pain. I worry that there are so many colonoscopies done that they become routine for the staff but it is definitely not routine for the patients. I was the last patient of the day and felt rushed by everyone including the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

What a tremendous man. Kind, empathetic, knowledgeable. What stood out for me most, is when he acknowledged that it must have felt like I had been beat up after surgery and didn't offer the business-as-usual "but" that sadly goes along with most grudging admissions of another persons pain. I was "aloud" to feel the way I felt - and as plenty of you are aware - that is in short supply. Dr. Crowley picked up the pieces where others had failed.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Crowley is a very professional surgeon with a great sense of humor to set your worries at ease.I wish more were like him .

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Crowley is incredible,like most people entering an operating theater for me it was a scary thing. Both the Dr. And I are ex Brits so straight away he started cracking one liner jokes with me making me totally relaxed. Also he explained everything I needed to know about my operation prior to surgery, and what my recovery period would be, he also advised me of any further treatment that may be required. Great guy, great surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I have been to Dr. Crowley a few times, and have found his sense of humor delightful. I loved the story someone put on here about him cuddling their daughter's toy. So good to hear. I am confident with him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I've experienced Dr. Crowley for a few different things over the years, including when he had to remove a finishing nail from my young daughter's foot. She was understandably nervous, and coming out of the bathroom and seein him snuggling her doll set her very much at ease. Also, he joked with me through a hernia surgery (I stayed awake as I am afraid of general anaesthetic) and a colonoscopy, which I very much appreciated. Professional, caring, wonderful surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I went to Dr Crowley a few years ago with a. difficult problem that thru no fault of his he could not correct.He spent a lot of time at each appointment and did not rush me.For a surgeon to spend that much time with a patient that he does not plan to operate on I think speaks well for him. I am sure he would have operated if he thought it would do me more good than harm. Nice to see not all Doctors are out for the money. I do not as a rule like Doctors, I liked Doctor Crowley,I believe he is a good Surgeon

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013