Ratings for Dr. Henry Brem

Dr. Brem saved my life. I will always be thankful for him for giving me a second lease of my life.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I'm not sure why people come on a site like this to bash a Dr for being late. More so, why would you rely on rumors from what other people have "heard". I have ben a patient of Dr. Brems' for over 10 years. Yes, he sometime runs late. How can he not? When you are dealing with a brain tumor, there are lots of questions and emotions. I do not mind the wait, bc I know when it's my turn, he sits there with the most compassionate heart, to listen and discuss. He saved my life 10 years ago from an extremely rare tumor during a very invasive surgery. As I continue to fight, his empathy and his knowledge keep me focused and positive. There is not much information on my tumor, but Dr. Brem continues to research and seek answers. Dr. Brem is by far one of the most compassionate, brilliant and empathetic Doctors that I have ever met. I continue to entrust him with my life and I would entrust any family member with him as well. Don't listen to hearsay, go to the source and that's the patients who adore this brilliant Neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

My brother died of benign brain tumor because Dr Brem refuse transfer to more competent doctor

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I see Dr. Brem regularly to monitor my brain tumor. He is so kind, and takes all the time I need to answer questions. This does cause him to run behind schedule, but he is worth the wait. His PA is also wonderful, and is great about communicating via email when I have additional questions.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Brem removed my brain tumor. It was a very large Meningioma. He performed a difficult craniotomy. He saved my life. Thank you Dr. Brem.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I just returned from neurosurgery for a benign intraosseous meningioma that had spread into my frontal sinus as well as into the intra calvarial space, requiring both neurosurgical dissection as well as plastic skull reconstruction. I'm a retired physician as well as status post four major surgeries. I visited 3 centers as well as reviewing my case with 2 others. No one answered my questions, or addressed the particulars of my case with the detail and care of the Hopkins team. Their diagnosis and management was correct per biopsy. My rapid recovery was a testament to the time they took to limit bleeding and swelling . Dr. Brem's plastic teammate, Dr. Gordon, was particularly scrupulous in imagining and designing the prosthetic replacement for my forehead. I reviewed all of their work and papers before choosing them. And am very grateful. vicki

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Brem saved my life and I am very thankful for this. I was diagnosed with the brain tumor and Dr. Brem did magic by giving my life back.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

I had surgery in September of 2007, non cancerous tumor. THANK GOD FOR DR.BREM. He was compassionate, skillful,helpful,knowledgable. It was a difficult decision, but with his help and guidance, I was able to make the right one and all is fine today. I cannot believe anything but the best of outcomes with this man's hand. Yes, you have to wait to see him, but he is the head of the neurosurgery department and he was being constantly interrupted while meeting with me and my husband. However, it was worth it to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I had my tumor removed March 15 2011 by Dr. Brem. I never seen a more compassionate person as Dr Brem. He did a wonderful job removing the tumor which was non cancerous. I'm doing well in that area thanks to him. When I went to see him after the surgery he was happy to see I was doing so well despite my high blood pressure which I'm working on. When I went to hug him he gave a hug like your father would. I respect him and honor him. Thank You Doc! Millie Pfeiffer

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I can not imagine anyone being able to say anything bad about Dr. Brem. Yes, sometimes he runs very late for appointments, but doctors do have emergencies to attend too. He is a truly gifted surgeon and a very nice human being. My husband and I think the world of him. He did an excellent job removing my tumor and took very good care of me afterwards. His clinical nurse, Eileen is awesome too.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Henry Brem's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1978)