Ratings for Dr. Andrea Frances Eisen

Dr.Eisen was my oncologist and failed with my diagnosis. She sent my tissue away more than two months after my breast cancer surgery to find out that my oncotype was high. She called me in a panic but was heading out of town for a week so instead of referring me to another ncologist or a fellow I had to wait until she got back for an appointment to be told I needed chemotherapy. I decided to go ahead with chemo and found out a week nd a half later ( on my way to Princess Margaret for a second opinion) that she never processed any papers for my chemo. The doctor at PM had the sad news of telling me Dr.Eisen delayed me so much I had passed the window of opportunity where the chemo would be effective against the cancer and so there was no sense to proceed with the chemo. I’m still waiting for a phone call two years later for her to tell me her error or to apologize and let me know I wouldn’t be able to have chemo. I refused to go back to her and Sunnybrook was forced to find me a new hospital. If I could rate her zero I would.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

She's brilliant. Helped me tremendously. She helped to calm me down before I went through the entire process.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Another patient that fell thru the cracks. Not a very warm and caring Doctor for her patients; which is extremely sad when going thru this ordeal. Was never there for the oncology appointments. Very disappointed!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

She is very knowledgeable and good oncologist, My experience has been very good throughout my process, Dr. Eisen answered my questions adequately, My follow-up through my chemo were good. she is definetly a busy doctor and treat each patient with the care they may need. In my experience, every patient seems to think they are the most important person But we have to give credit, Dr. Eisen loves what she does and it shows in her work. It's not just a job for her. As patients we definitely need to be an advocate for ourselves, It is not her fault that I was diagonosed with Cancer. She was there to help me, with every question I had, was detailed on the next steps and would recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

This is a great knowledgable physician. I fell through the cracks due to her office staff. Life and stage of disease affected by it. Very disappointing doesn't begin to cover the level of sadness I feel towards this office and hospital process.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

We do not have the best patient doctor relationship and Dr. Eisen recognizes this. Asked if I would like to change doctors and I told her that she is not the warmest doctor but she is knowledgeable and for that, I will stay with her. Otherwise, I would have had to go to another hospital because patients cannot then see another oncologist at Sunnybrook. Sunnybrook is the best place to be. Over the years, our relationship has become better because she now respects me because I advocated for myself. Dr.'s need to be reminded that patients are people too. ALWAYS advocate for yourself. Lots of doom and gloom about my diagnosis but I have always been hopeful and here I am 7 years later!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Hates being questioned. She prescribed me a drug that would be beneficial only in menopausal women and she only decided to order a blood test to check menopausal status after I questioned her on it. Blood test showed I was not menopausal. When she gave me 3 options for chemo. I asked her which one she would choose if she was in my position. Her answer was in line with what I would choose. Later, she was booking me for a different one. She had the clinical fellow or resident see me (which is the usual way things go) but did not even have the decency to pop in to see me at my last few follow-up appointments.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I love Dr Eisen. She is very knowledgable, very kind and she really cares about her patients. Anytime she says she is going to schedule tests for me she always follows through. Dr Eisen makes the time to answer all my questions and doesn't leave until she knows I understand the answers. A couple of her nursing staff could take a course on manners. Thank you for all your hard work Dr Eisen you are amazing!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr. Eisen is extremely knowledgeable and professional. She is not always on time, but what doctor is? There have been times when I've been able to see her before my appointment time, so it all equals out in the end. She answers all of my questions thoughtfully. She does not always remember to order tests and protocols, so you have to be on top of that yourself. I consider that a very minor issue, compared to her vast expertise and patient/kind manner.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012