Ratings for Dr. Samuel Axelrod

I went to my Dentist in London because I had a very sore tooth. He said there was nothing wrong with it and that all my teeth were fine. Shortly after, while in Oshawa on business, I went to Dr. Axelrod for a second opinion because the pain was getting worse and worse. He took more xrays and showed me how the tooth was decayed into the nerve and now the tooth needed a root canal. The staff were very helpful and got me an appointment the same day to do this. Two hours later, after the root canal was done, I felt no pain and that night was my first good sleep in a week. I don't know why my old dentist didn't see the problem, but Dr. Axelrod showed me three more areas on my xrays that also had deep cavities, but not touching the nerves yet. He told me that I should have them looked after when I returned to England before they got as bad as this one. After this kind of consideration and concern about my pain, think I am going to look for another regular dentist back at home.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Axelrod recommended extremely expensive procedures , upon which I got a second opinion and it costs me and my insurance half of the amount. His secretary also booked me in for an appointment when my insurance was expired, expecting me to pay for it out of pocket. Lastly, I was coerced into using laughing gas for my kids, which I later found out my insurance does not cover. He is out for your money.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I recently had my wisdom teeth pulled out and I had such a positive experience in this office. Everything was explained very clearly every step of the way. Dr. Axelrod made me very relaxed and I felt that I was in good hands. I was back at work the next day with no pain at all- Didn't think that was even possible after having wisdom teeth pulled!! To top it all off, I received a phone call from the staff the next day to check in to see how I was doing. When I was looking for a dental office I was looking for an office that cares and that's what I found! I am very pleased.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Axelrod has been my family dentist for 8 1/2 years. Dr. Axelrod and his staff are amazing. Every time we visit the office we feel very welcome and I know that my family is in good hands. Over the past 8 years, we have had cleanings, fillings, caps, teeth pulled with only the best care from Dr. Axelrod and his staff!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

this doctor sucks. he scares kids, throws fits, charges way more than he says, screams at patients, and is always late. he told me that i needed my wisdom teeth out within a few months or my face would be paralized. i was so scared and am still nervous for my surgery even though i was told by the surgen that i will be fine and that couldn't happen.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

I recently had cosmetic work done by Dr. Axelrod. My teeth look amazing. The staff and Dr. Axelrod went above and beyond to make it an amazing experience. I am getting constant compliments about my new smile.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Went to visit this dentist when I had a chipped molar. The molar was fixed and as I was leaving, I mentioned a front tooth filling that was done recently by my old dentist. It fell out, but the insurance wouldn't pay for a new one yet. Dr. Axelrod replaced it for me right on the spot and did not charge anything. Sure will make my holiday pictures better.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

Very knowledgeable, helpful and kind dentist. Everyone is at the office is very nice and friendly. Very good with kids too.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

All I can say is thank-you. I know of no other dentist that would take the time to talk to me as long as you did. I was such a scaredy cat about simple fillings and you let me rebook until I could muster up the courage. No other dentist had ever been so understanding and patient. You and your staff are so friendly and kind from Kelly at the reception who always made me feel so welcomed and Tammy who has such a reassuring and tender way about her. Two tumbs waaaaay up!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

This is how I look at it. If you need cosmetic dental work you need someone experienced. I did my homework, saw 4 dentists and opted for Dr. Sam. I had estimates from all the dentists with the numbers and prices you need for your insurance. They were all the same prices per tooth - just the options varied slightly between the dentists because there are different ways of going about getting a new smile. Dr. Sam gave me 3 options and let me decide. BTW my smile has changed my life and I am forever grateful to him and his staff. You'll always hear good and bad about doctors. I'm glad I went with my instincts and researched. You get what you pay for.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009