Ratings for Dr. Jane Baillie

I must say she seems to be an amazing Dr and I have only spoken to her on the phone. I had a difficult emergency tooth extraction today and my Dentist was nervous on what to prescribe me at 20 weeks of pregnancy and felt that he needed advice from my ob. My ob is away so I called labor and delivery at Joseph Brant to ask the question with my dentist there and we spoke to Dr Ballie. She was absolutely amazing and answered our questions appropriately and recommended the medication that’s safe short term. Then I went to a no name pharmacy for convenience and they gave me a hard time to get it filled because it shouldn’t be taken during pregnancy and brought out the Bible of pharmacy books and wanted to speak to my ob who said it was okay. I then had to bother this poor woman again who is working on the busy l and d floor to talk to the pharmacy and by that time I left but she did call back 10 mins later and was still very polite and sympathetic to the pain I was having. I went to another pharmacy no problems at all and since I was bleeding out on their counter they rushed my order no stupid questions asked. This Dr is very friendly and if I didn’t already have a regular ob I would defiantly have her deliver my baby. Thanks again for your help today!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. Bailie is competent as well as beyond lovely !

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Called for 3 months to make an appointment. Called during the allotted call times and still received no call back. Finally reached someone and they were less than helpful.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

You will barely see her. I was under her care for two years in excruciating pain. I saw her once and the students the rest of the time. I was given tons of drugs. No one mentioned endometriosis or pelvic congestion which are way more common in woman than people realize. I went to two appointments with gyno in Toronto. I had surgery for endo and saw a vascular specialist after the gyno found the pc too. Waste of 2 years of my life and from being a healthy mom to my babies.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Very disappointing experience. After a post-op complication that she did not discuss with me (I had to find out for myself something went wrong), I called the hospital the day after my procedure to ask why no one had informed myself or my husband of the complication. Simply because I had asked what happened, 3 months later when I finally had an appointment in her office she wasted my time and one of her appointment slots to tell me that she was discharging me from her care. Quite petty for a professional. Also, as a nurse myself, a physician cannot discharge you as a patient without referring you to another. But what can anyone expect from this level of pettiness and unprofessionalism.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

It would be good if she explained what was going to happen not just send to another doctor and say they will explain

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Absolutely top notch care from start to finish. Certainly knows and shares her knowledge. Amazing confidence. Felt I was in the best hands possible. Never seemed in a hurry and always urged me to speak of thoughts and concerns for surgery

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

She is the best ! Was amazing during C-dect.came to check on us after and on going check ups were excellent. I would never go to anyone else she is so sweet and on top of her stuff. Will always give you the bottom line and will always make you feel comfortable with procedures. She is one of kind as a dr. Do not hesitate when you make decision about your OB she is it! I was a very high risk pregnancy and she went above and beyond to make sure everything went smooth and my baby was safe!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Baillie is the absolute best doctor I've ever met. I can't say enough good things about her. She delivered both of my children and was so supportive and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Baillie is a wonderful OB. She is very polite and very knowledgeable. As many have said below, yes you have to wait sometimes,... but as one person mentioned... she is a specialist... you have to expect to wait, that is just the way it is and I wouldn't expect not to have to wait. I work in the medical field for a specialist and unfortunately things come up or other patients need a bit of extra time, so evidently we run late sometimes. Dr. Baillie is exceptional at what she does and that is all that matters. I was so lucky to have her delivered my first child. She was supportive and professional. My daughters heart rate dropped and she calmly told me an episiotomy and forceps were the best choice as our next move in the delivery and she quickly and safely delivered my daughter. I would recommend Dr. Baillie with all confidence to anyone looking for an exceptional OB!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017