Ratings for Dr. Jane Baillie

Dr. Baillie is the absolute best doctor I've ever met. I can't say enough good things about her. She delivered both of my children and was so supportive and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Baillie is a wonderful OB. She is very polite and very knowledgeable. As many have said below, yes you have to wait sometimes,... but as one person mentioned... she is a specialist... you have to expect to wait, that is just the way it is and I wouldn't expect not to have to wait. I work in the medical field for a specialist and unfortunately things come up or other patients need a bit of extra time, so evidently we run late sometimes. Dr. Baillie is exceptional at what she does and that is all that matters. I was so lucky to have her delivered my first child. She was supportive and professional. My daughters heart rate dropped and she calmly told me an episiotomy and forceps were the best choice as our next move in the delivery and she quickly and safely delivered my daughter. I would recommend Dr. Baillie with all confidence to anyone looking for an exceptional OB!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Exceptional doctor who is supportive. Staff are also supportive.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I haven't seen this Doctor, myself but my Mum has and she has been amazing with my Mum. I have endometriosis and I'm not receiving proper treatment for it anymore and my Mum decided to ask Dr. Bailie a few questions on my behalf because she is worried about me. Dr. Baillie not only answered all her questions about what she would recommend for me she also took the time to give my Mum a bunch of phamlets about treatment options, most I've already tried but still very kind to do and not only that she took the time to give my Mum the names of endo specialists that she refers to if she has a patient who is not responding to any treatment and told Mum the expected wait times. Tell me, how people on here can call this Dr. incompatent and rude? I myself work in the medical field and I agree with another persons comment that you can't please everyone and when it comes to health care that couldn't be more true. People seem to expect that going to a Dr's office should be like going thru a drive thru. Instant service and that's so not the case. Either you complain it takes to long or complain it's to quick. Which is really self absorbed no matter your situation. Sorry for being blunt but try and remember you aren't the only person being seen that day that has suffered through really bad news/experience. Also try and remember you know absolutely nothing about how her day is scheduled. Since she delivers babies that means she has hospital privalages and the responsibilities that go along with that. This means she goes to hospital before office hours to do rounders on any of her patients who have been admitted and not just the deliveries, all gyn patients. If she is city on call she also has to do rounds on ALL ob/gyn patients for all the doctors in the city. So yeah she will probably be late for office bourse because of that. Believe me Doctors would prefer to start office hours on time the same as you want to be see on time. If she is city on call that means throughout her regular office hours the hospital will be calling her office with questions in regards to any emerg patients or admitted patients. She has to take those calls immediately and yes she may need to suddenly leave the office. She may also need to fit urgent appointments in to that days schedule because and family doctor has called with an urgent patient who must be seen that day. She will also be reviewing calls from pharmacies, lab with urgent results, pharmacies again and labs again. During these calls she will obviously get behind schedule because now she has to get patients chart and decide what action to take and if it's not her patient she then has to get her staff to contact patient and have them pull her from the room so she can do a phone consult and get info fro patient since she doesn't have a chart for them. Then at the end of her day, which I say loosely because she never really has an end to the day. She will need to go through all the lab results she received that day that weren't urgent and all the rest of her huge pile of mail. She will sign a stack of prescriptions. Consult with her staff about whether this or that got done. Grab the stack of medical journals she will want to read to stay current, dictate her consults reports to the family doctors, probably work on her CME credits and she may even have a CME meeting that night, or a medical conference that she will happily go to because she wants to remain current for her patients. Oh and btw all of that stuff is unpaid work. Do any of you work for free? Imagine up to 4 hrs unpaid work after all ready working an insane day. But her day isn't over yet. Now she needs to go back to the hospital and so her evening rounds and if she is city on call she will need to go in to hospital to attend any deliveries and the next day the whole intense cycle begins again. Also , every patient is made very aware that even though you may have seen a certain ob your entire pregnancy that DOES NOT mean she will deliver your baby or be there when devastatingly you miscarry. Try and figure out how she would be available to deliver all her patients that are currently pregnant, babies. It's statically impossible. Because of Doctor shortages ob's aren't able to tell a family doctors office they are fully booked for deliveries and to try another gyn because everyone ob is way overbooked. Oh and ob/gyns in Canada aren't rolling in the dough like they do in the States so they are doing it for the love of the speciality not the riches and as I mentioned a lot of their work is done for free and don't even get me started on the gas expensives and the fee to have hospital privalages so she can see her patients and the money she pays to attend conference ect. People really need to stop treating medicine like its a fast food service and you are in and out in no time. Also need to stop self diagnosing themselves and claiming a doctor is incompatent because they didn't do the treatment you looked up on the Internet.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I was referred to her as my OBGYN for my first baby. Her staff is pleasant and very nice but as everyone has mentioned the wait times are long and the paper thin walls leaves no privacy. I could hear everyone while I waited in the room. But that's not really why I wouldn't go back -- the main reason would be I had an appointment with Dr. Ballie as I was one day overdue and was told to go to joseph brant hospital for my checkup appointment with her. I went on time, had my ultrasound done and was told to head upstairs (I thought I was going to see her for my appointment at this point) but I was greeted by a nurse who checked mine and babys heart rate and found it quite high. At this time I was still waiting for my appointment with her. Well too bad she didnt tell me she finished her shift and was leaving before she even saw me!!! So basically I was consulted by a doctor on call at the time and told I need a c section because my fluids were low and it would put too much stress on baby to be induced. He called Dr. Ballie while she was leaving the hospital and she gave the ok to proceed with the c section. I was passed onto another doctor for emergency surgery without even having my scheduled appointment with her. I felt neglected, scared and just shocked with the whole process. I especially found it extremely unprofessional to schedule appointments and not even come to see the patient. I think I would even have appreciated a quick 10 min dropin. Wasn't too impressed with this and was never given any explanation, I ended up with a rude doctor who performed by c section and gave me staples! Lets just say I will not be going back to her for my 2nd baby as clearly your just another #.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Just have birth to our second child under the care of Dr Baillie. After a traumatic experience with the birth of my first baby, I was very anxious about this birth. Both doctors in the practice were amazingly supportive. Dr. Baillie delivered our baby and I wouldn't have changed a thing. She was amazing. They are a great team and I feel so lucky they were my doctors.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Long wait. No follow ups. No call backs nothing over 45 min wait

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

she made me feel comfortable and in very good hands, smart and caring woman ! Thank you

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Worst wait times every time i have an appt. I leave my job to be there on time and i always am waiting at least 45 mins past my appt.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Drs Jane Baillie and Leyla Magalogu were very patient and took the time to explain everything to me in writing and spoke slowly as I am Deaf. They made sure I was comfortable and reassured me that everything will be alright! I really appreciate their time and everything they did for me.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017