Ratings for Dr. Nicole Aube

Dr. Aube is simply a hired gun by MCFD to write whatever a social worker wants written. She does zero research and only believes what the biased social worker told her. She was rude and abrasive and turned the conversation repeatedly into how smart and famous she was. If you are ever asked to take a PCA by this person, do NOT consent or you will for sure come out on the losing end.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

My one meeting with Dr. Aube and I was blown away by her straight talk assessment. My now ex-wife had left, taking the children and by the time I had found them (hiding in a Women's shelter in Surrey), my ex had had over a month to alienate my daughter from me. We had individual court ordered visits with Dr. Aube and during my interview with her, she told me flat out that my ex would not be back. She explained that my ex tried to take control of the interview she had with Dr. Aube but that Dr. Aube would not let her. And after that, my ex (notifying us through her lawyer) refused to bring my daughter to Dr. Aube again. Dr. Aube told me that my daughter was not afraid of me, but was being influenced by her mother. She said that she probably would not be able to help as she correctly assessed that my ex would not be back. Dr. Aube also recommended I do some research into BPD. I wasn't sure why until I did some research and saw that my ex was a textbook case. This was later confirmed by another psychologist (when we did our Section 15) and a psychiatrist over the next couple of years. I wished I could use Dr. Aube now as my daughter has lingering issues (and a lot of anger towards her mother) now. My daughter now sees a different counselor (whom I do not think is all that effective). But since her first interview with Dr. Aube, my ex will have nothing to do with her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

This woman is very easily manipulated and extremely biased in her assessment and reporting. She parroted unsubstantiated claims made by the other party in my custody litigation as fact. She exhibited bias against my lawyer, whom she had apparently had a dispute with in the past. She made significant leaps in logic when drawing her conclusions, and made a "diagnosis" that was subsequently refuted by no less than 3 psychiatrists (actually qualified to make a diagnosis). The damage to my family however was already done. Her methodology was critiqued by other mental health professionals as not being up to standards. However, her report fed right into the false narrative spun by my ex-spouse and was very damaging. She is a hazard to families in crisis. Please be warned to avoid this woman. She should not be accredited.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Unprofessional and unethical. Please be very careful when dealing with this person. I've had terrible experiences with her and it's taken years to get through the pain she caused. If you can afford it ...she gets paid privately a lot of money to do reports for court. She will paint you into whatever light the other party seems to want. She took part in ripping my family apart and I am disgusted the mental health profession or even the courts utilities such measures. She lied throughout the report, didn't take my documentation and she made unsupported claims of bs my ex husband fed to her. I don't think she is naive enough to have really believed him. I honestly can't believe she is getting away with this. She acts threatening and hostile and intimidating during interviews as well. Please if you can help it don't ever go to her if you're in a vulnerable position. It's taken me a long time to get the courage to write this review.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Record any i teraction you have with her. You will need it! She is terrible. Takes unrelated calls in the middle of appointments. Quick to anger if she doesn't like you. She's arrogant and will judge people based on their degrees and how they got them. Doesn't read files she claims she read. If you are ethnic, she'll see that as a negative.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Save yourself. run for the hills. there are so many other skilled psychologists. This woman needs to retire. Not all cylinders are firing.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Honestly, dr aube is a disgrace to the mental health profession. So many reasons why you should not waste your money on her ignorance. She's awful, was late to our appointment, did not speak with some of the people she claimed to have in her report. She chose sides when she was supposed to be unbiased. And she was wrong. I'm so happy that evidence is stronger than dr aube's prejudices in a court of law. But don't expect a refund of the $10,000 she costs for a useless garbage report. She's a fraud, so I can only recommend her to people who need a fraud of a dr. She lied and when she was told that she had made an error in judgement when she chose sides, I've never seen somebody backtrack so fast EVER. Priceless watching her squirm. So of course I have transcripts and I agree she needs to be stopped before she ruins the lives of more children.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Very helpful, a heart full of Care and love. Hard to find such a fine person.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I had a very similar negative experience with Dr. Aube. My contact is unhappyparent11@yahoo.ca

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I NEED HELP from those of you who have been assessed by Aube incorrectly, had kids taken away, lied to, twisted words, felt she was abusive to you during interviews, or she overlooked evidence, especially abuse, said you lied, and have evidence. I am about to fight her in court to protect innocent babies. I need parents to help. Numbers and similar experiences will reveal the truth. But I need help now. Please contact me ASAP. She is destroying lives and innocent kids and relationships with healthy loving parents are being destroyed. I realize just discussing her name may make you feel ill, but please come forward.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016