Ratings for Dr. Daniel Marwood

Brought my daughter to emergency with what was later diagnosed as Meningitis. He examined her and dismissed us home with severe headaches telling me to talk to my daughter about periods. Seriously?

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

He is an amazing doctor and very thorough and takes the time to listen.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I am 62 years old and despite taking good care of my health, I have been in and out of hospitals and medical clinics on a regular basis all my life. Because some of my issues are chronic, I have been examined by MANY dozens of doctors. Never have I received such exemplary care from a doctor. Dr. Marwood’s demeanour was very calming, caring, and personable. He is a great listener and took all the time needed to have my condition explained to me. His analysis of my symptoms, blood tests, and urine tests with all possible diagnoses was very thorough. In summary, I can’t think there is a better doctor a patient could wish for. I can only hope that Nanaimo Emergency never loses his service. I don’t think they could ever find a more dedicated professional.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Dr.Marwood is a life-saver. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He saved my dad's life. Most doctors probably would of just gave him Advil and told him to go home. Dr.Marwood ran tests till he found the problem. If there were atlest one more like him? There would be less sick people.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I like a doctor that talks to you not down to you and Dr Marwood talks to you. After just a few minutes with him you feel at ease. If our government would care as much about our health care system as Dr. Marwood cares about his patients, with have the best health care system in Camada. Thank you Dr. and all the health care providers at NRGH.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I had to visit ER on a very busy Sat. night. It was worth the wait, because when I saw Dr. Daniel Marwood, he was professional, kind, humorous and attentive. He saw to my sore hand, cut off the cast that wasn't working, applied a new half cast, told me about my xray and advised me on follow up. Thank you so much Dr. Marwood. I only have good things to say about my ER experience at NRGH!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I Took my 26 Year old daughter to Nanaimo Emergency, we thought she had the Flu. Doctor Dan Marwood could have easily sent her home with flu remedies, instead he sent her for an x-ray & cat scan. Results showed her thyroid to be three time the size of a grapefruit! He has taken all the steps for her immediate surgery. Thank You Dr. Dan Marwood ! From a family that loves her and needs her !

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Dr. Marwood is the best! After hearing some terrible stories about NRGH he completely erased all those from my mind, I went in for a terrible flu and he found something that could have ended my life. This Dr. was not going to give up until he ran me for almost every test to see what was wrong. Could not be more grateful!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

was super in helping me find what was wrong, he was the first to give me hope from NRGH hospital. He was awesome, took the time to actually order tests to be sure, i was there for like 1.5 days, but i got the full work up, Urine tests, bloodwork, ultrasound, CT, xrays, lumbar puncture , he was awesome. by the end we knew what was wrong.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Just got back from emerg with my 4 year old son and was so impressed with Dr Marwood I had to google him. Yes he is handsome but that doesn't matter to a 4 year old. My son is usually very shy with docs but was very comfortable with Dr marwood. He is obviously an incredibly component doctor with a great bedside manner. I agree with precious posts Nanaimo is very lucky to have him. Thanks Doc :)

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012