Ratings for Dr. Andrew M. Shapiro

Put tubes in my child's ears for wrong reasons, subsequently they never fixed the problem. Years later still having chronic infections and will need more surgery. He's very arrogant and dismissive of my concerns. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I am floored that anyone has a bad thing to say about Dr. Shapiro. I knew my daughter needed her tonsils out based on sickness and speech issues she has been dealing w/ for 6 years, but no ENT would listen to me. I brought her to several doctors that were so rude and told me no doctor would ever take them out. Finally my family dr recommended Dr Shapiro. He was so funny and wonderful w/ my daugher. He listened to me and validated our concerns and had her tonsils out 2 days later. He said they were terrible and thank god they came out. She had a huge abscess in one of the tonsils. He was the only ENT that listened to us and I am so thankful for him. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

My child has been a patient for several years and I have always raved about Dr. Shapiro, but this visit was different. He was very short with me and just plain rude. He did not even pretend to take my concerns seriously....I left feeling very stupid, confused and annoyed!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I thought he was arrogant and would not listen to any concerns u had. Would not go see him again or recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Made our son so comfortable, our entire experience has been perfect.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Dr Shapiro fixed my daughter after several unsuccessful surgeries. He thanked us for trusting him with her! Its interesting you comment on his ego! He downplayed my compliments and was so humble about his reputation. I guess to each their own!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Some bite off more than they chew and at times don't acknowledge their limitations, it is too bad that kids have to suffer for some ego fix, requiring extensive repair with another doc.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr Shapiro was our 4th opinion (yes we are cautious). I can't say enough good things about Dr Shapiro and the staff he works with! The anesthesiologist he works with was amazing as was the surgical nurse. Never have been more impressed by any doctor or staff...take your children to him, you will see for your own eyes.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Shapiro but his PA Jamie as well. I had gone to him a a second opinion. He is not only knowledgeable but has a fabulous bedside manner. Jaime took her time and thoroughly examined my daughter and discussed all possible options with me. As a healthcare provider myself, I find it quite reassuring that there are professional, knowledgable physicians out there who genuinely do care about their patients!!!!!! I am really surprised by the comments on this profile! He was fantastic!!!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Dr. Shapiro is the best doctor we have ever seen. He helped our son with a very complicated ear problem and he is now able to hear and swim. Dr. Shapiro listens and cares about his patients and it show.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Andrew M. Shapiro's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)