Ratings for Dr. Bruce Rothwell

I just had surgery for breast cancer. I found Dr Rothwell to be very kind, gentle, and he patiently answered all of my questions. Wendy his receptionist was very personable and was fabulous at organizing all of my appointments. A huge thank you to Dr Rothwell and Wendy for their great care and compassion. They both made the process so much easier for me.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I had a double mastectomy and all was good with the surgery and recover. I agree with a few of the comments that his bedside manner is very short but if you come prepared with questions that your family doctor should not have already answered he is very informative. Take some time, do some research and ask the general questions to others this way Dr. Rothwell will be able to do more surgeries for those that need it.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I saw this Dr today after being referred by my own GP for an in depth check on beast cysts. I waited 40 minutes for Dr Rotherll to come into the room and he declined to shake hands as he had a cold, he then asked why I was there, shouldn't he have read the notes from my doctor? After I explained he did a feel test, he did not put gloves on, thus took about a minute , after which he said he would get is radiologist to check my previous mammogram and ultrasound and get back to me in a week or do . Shouldn't this gave been done before my appointment, as it may not be necessary for me to see this guy. A complete waste of my time and 3 hours off work to get there and back and $15 to park. I hope I never have to see this man again, no proper skills at all

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Rothwell is extremely knowledgeable and very carrying surgeon. My surgery went very smooth and painless. I didn't take any painkiller, no complications at all. His nurse Wendy is absolutely amazing and very helpful . She was and is there to answer your questions and support. Dr. Rothwell and Wendy made my intire experience smooth and comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Rothwell and staff made me very comfortable and explained everything in detail to make my surgery and healing process comfortable

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr Bruce is a very good surgeon ,He did a lumpectomy for my wife to remove a malignant tumor. He is very punctual and the sugery went very well with no complications before or after surgery. His nurses wendy and Gwen are awesome and were always there to answer or questions

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

While Dr Rothwell is a good surgeon, he has no personality or compassion what so ever. I am quite young, with little understanding of the medical world, and this man didn't tell me a single thing about my operation besides that I will be getting cut open. If I asked a question, he answered with nothing but medical terminology that no one would understand but a doctor, and made me feel very stupid when I was obviously confused. The consultation AND the follow up lasted a whole 3 minutes, and he seemed like he really did not want to be there. I didn't know how the surgery went about, and came out shocked that I didn't have one big scar across my belly because I honestly wasn't informed of anything that was to be done! All the information I had was from Google, and I'm sure we all know how helpful that can be. His receptionist is a sweetheart, so that was nice! All in all though, I do not particularly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

was referred to this surgeon by my family doctor to remove my gynocomastia. At first everything went well. Got my consultation date, which is when I got my first red flag. It was very brief...he simply looked at it, told me where hed make the incision and sent me on my way. Keeping in mind it is my first surgery ever, so no experience in knowing what are the relevant questions to ask. The whole apt was 5 minutes max. So I went to book my surgery date and was told that no dates are available and will have to wait 6-9 months, which I sort of expected. Big sigh and off we go. The receptionist Wendy seemed very nice, so that helped. 6 months go by and finally i get a call with a date, so i go to my employer to take time off for the surgery and time off to recover. Im in law enforcement so i was super excited to get these things out of me, since they are quite bothersome for someone doing 16 hour shift in a bulletproof vest. Everything was arranged. 2 more months go by and my surgery is the next day. AND I GET A VOICEMAIL...no call...just voicemail "sorry but we got an emergency patient and had to bump you off the surgery list for tomorrow, we will try and get you in next week though". No follow-up for a day...i keep calling and finally get an answer "sorry we cant get you in for next week. we dont know what to tell you about the next available date...its all up to the hospital...sorry we dont know what to say". I visit hospitals quite often for work, so i went and talked to people at PLC and turns out ITS NOT up to the hospital...its up to the surgeons office to book a date...WHAT A JOKE!!!! It has been 3 months since my last conversation with this ... "office" (hard time calling it that)...and 0 follow-up from them...awful simply awful... I figured Id write this and let others know that this office obviously likes to play a game of "do what i want"...pick and choose who gets the surgery and who doesnt...NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD AT ALL NOT CARING NOT SUPPORTIVE NOT PROFESSIONAL...Yes I probably am saying this out of anger BUT also because people's time and money are at stake ... imagine how ud feel if 6-9 months down the line you were 1 day away...ONE DAY!!!!! and they just cancel you...give that a thought!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Rothwell is a very caring surgeon. He answered all of my questions before my lumpectomies. His staff Wendy and Gwen are awesome.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

had to wait 45 minutes for my appointment. He then did a visual exam for something that needs to be felt. Would not answer a straight question and I still don't know if I need surgery, even though I asked him straight out if I did. He stated that he could not tell, go see someone else. He then walked out of the room.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015