Ratings for Dr. Richard S. Obedian

Dr. Richard Obedian is extremely professional and very patient. He assisted me though all my queries and proved to be of great help. Thanks to him I was able to find all my answers in order to treat my acute knee pain.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

My sister was suffering from acute hip pain. We had to make her undergo a complete hip replacement surgery. Thanks to Dr. Richard, the surgery was successful. My sister is much better now and has no problem resuming her normal day to day activities.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

A few days back, I had pain in my left shoulder. My uncle recommended Dr. Richard Obedian. I booked an appointment online with the doctor. During the first meeting, I was really impressed by the way he treated me. He carefully diagnosed my shoulder using high-tech equipment, and then massaged it with oil. The pain almost immediately got better, and my shoulder became normal the next day.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

In 2008 I severely injured the lumbar region of my spine. I was in excruciating pain and had been to two orthopedic surgeons for consults, both of whom told me only surgery could help my situation. I did not have a lot of confidence in anyone operating on my spine. I spoke with a friend who is an operating room nurse. Her exact words to me were "back surgery is the absolute last surgery I would ever consider having, but if I had no choice, the only doctor I would allow to touch me would be Dr Richard Obedian." From the time he entered the room he put both my husband and I at ease. He examined me, went over my MRI, agreed that surgery for this problem was the only fix and throughly explained the procedure, the recovery and the need for post physical therapy, he was very patient and answered all of my questions. Without hesitation we went ahead with the surgery. To me he is a miracle worker! I left the hospital a day after the surgery with NO pain whatsoever! I was able to eliminate all the narcotics I had been on for the many weeks prior to surgery. I followed every direction he gave me to a fault. I completely recovered from my injury even exceeding Dr. Obedian's promised results. That was seven years ago and to date I have no problems with my back, and I am a very active individual. He is my hero! Just as a side note I did read a review that posted a link to read about Dr Obedian. It pertains to his private life. I have to say, when I worked (I'm retired now) I was very good at my job, but if I had to be judged at my place of work by my private life I may have fallen very short. One thing has nothing to do with the other! I can, with confidence give the same advice that was given to me "if I had to have back surgery, Dr. Richard Obedian is the only one I would let touch me!"

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

After having multiple knee surgeries and being fed up with the medical field. I saw Dr .Obedian and his bed side manner was amazing. He was very compassionate and took the time to explain to me my condition. Having underwent surgery with his was my best choice ever. Would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

PCP recommended them so I drove to Hicksville a few years ago. Was given a ton of medication well before what happened in Medford for "pain management." I was promised doctor's note (from his colleagues) but Obedian promised to write it only after convincing me to take expensive test to rule out nerve damage (although I didn't present symptoms for nerve damage.) Felt afterwards that it was done just to bill the insurance company $5-$6K and that it was all about money, not about me. He yelled at another doctor in his practice in front of me and then said to me "Sorry Love" with a smile. I never went back after that experience. Felt that things just weren't right. Years later, read about him in the paper in the following article about "Flushing the Johns" www.nydailynews.com/new-york/104-johns-nabbed-nassau-county-pay...

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

After suffering for weeks and finally finding out about Dr. O - it was only two weeks between first fist, and fixing the problem. Very knowledgable, makes you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

I used him several times and was pleased with his treatment until my last time. He suddenly stopped taking any insurance and I had to pay cash for a diagnosis that turned out to be WRONG AND THEN COST ME 75.00 FOR A BRACE THAT WAS NOT NEEDED.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

Dr. Richard S. Obedian's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1993)