Ratings for Dr. Martin Benfey

I owe my life to this man I was being treated for asthma by other doctors when I seen him he diagnosed me within minutes that I had a heart virus and sent me to ottawa where I had a heart transplant. I can never thank this doctor enough. Brent Bowie.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Very polite and knowledgeable. Showed concern and interest in listening to me as a patient.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

This man should not be practicing medicine he is a danger to his patients. I showed him a demarcation on my body his reply was yuk! I don't know what it is if it doesn't hurt you forget about it". Several months later I fortunately moved to ontario and in very short period of time found out I had cancer and was operated plus radiation ..the thought of what could have happened is very disturbing...

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Great doctor!!! Never had any problems with him! I find the opposite, he never gives medication, unless needed!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

This doctor is terrible! My mother has been going to him for 10 years and he doesn't help her at all. She has been in so much pain for many years and he never looks at the site of the pain, he only looks at his computer and asks questions. He treats with pills and nothing else. He refuses to send her to see specialists and only agrees to send her for testing if she suggests and pushes for it. my poor mother was crying in my living room last night because she's in so much pain and hasn't been helped. She is seeing a new doctor in Gatineau today. Unfortunately, the Quebec province has refused to let her change family doctors as they say she already has one...

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I seeked his help for serious belly pain in august 2012. The drug he prescribed did not work and when I told him so and added the symptoms I was experiencing; he literally laugh in my face and told me that was impossible and to heal myself with Tumbs and Zantax. In February 2014 I was brought to an Ontario hospital( visiting my daughter ) for a gallbladder attack ( the gallbladder looked like a bag full of marbles the emerg. doc told me.. Many of my evenings were very painful and spent in front of the porcelain bowl because of his negligence.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Best Doctor I have ever seen. Very helpful and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Ce medecin est humain et tres a l'écoute des gens qu'il rencontre, il est poli, diplomate et tres ouvert. Pour ma mere il a été la pierre angulaire qui lui a sauvé la vie. Parce qu'il a pris le temps de chercher le probleme.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

What an AMAZING doctor!! He took care of a few of my family members and I could never thank him enough for what he did. When my father was dying he made house calls and was always readily available to answer all of our questions. He is so caring and compassionate!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2008

The biggest problem is the time we have to wait to see him, but it is out of his control...

flag | Submitted July 9, 2007