Ratings for Dr. Adam B. Elfant

I saw Dr. Elfant for unexplained stomach pains, nausea, vomiting, and acid reflux. From the moment I walked into the office, I felt as though he did not entirely believe I was having these issues. All he ordered was blood work and kept prescribing me various medications to "try out," instead of taking the time to figure out what was wrong. My frustrations grew because the pains were not going away, I was not getting callbacks nor getting answers from Dr. Elfant. He continued to refuse to do a colonoscopy because he felt I was too young. After several phone calls and crying on the phone with the office, I finally saw his PA. Although she was very nice, she also did not want to order a colonoscopy. Instead she ordered a gastric emptying scan. I felt some relief with his PA because she at least ordered a scan that could give me answers. However, the scan did not show anything. After months of going back and forth, I finally decided to transfer over to Penn Medicine because now the pains were getting to the point where it was affecting my job and my life. It has, by far, been one of the best decisions I have ever made! My doctor at Penn ordered several tests, she spent over an hour talking with me, and we were able to get answers. Come to find out, I have lymphoid follicles in my terminal ileum and a small hernia. For anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and go to a doctor that is willing to be your advocate. Dr. Elfant is not your guy.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

We have been waiting for the doctor or his office to call back for 3 weeks!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

The office staff isn't the best and they don't get back to you. Appts are hard to get but dr Elfant seems knowledgable

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I wish there was an option for a 0. The office staff is so rude, unhelpful, and inept. The Dr. doesn't return phone calls, explain things,or ask if you have any questions. We didn't even know the pre-op Q&A was over because it was poof! Nobody around. When the procedure was over there weren't any directions for what was done, follow up, after care, or what medications were to be continued. This was my sister's 2nd ERCP. When she woke up from this one she had blood all on the inside of her mouth. No explanation, NOTHING! I asked What the hell? She has never had an office visit and not to mention good luck trying to get one. Try to get results and then try to get your records (looking for another Dr)because anything that hasn't been released yet they won't copy until the Dr himself gives the results to you, and that's a fun game trying to get them! My advice:find another Dr! There is nothing worse then feeling insignificant and watching a loved one in pain everyday w/o answers or empathy

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Dr. Elephant did an ERCP for my husband. His reputation for excellence preceded his arrival and he did not disappoint. He was friendly, honest and caring. The procedure was successfully completed and he came out to the waiting room to give me a thorough explanation of what he had done and what he found. I could not recommend him more highly. He is truly a gifted physician who is dedicated to his patients.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Regardless how good of a doctor Dr Elfant is, the way his office is run is disastrous. After having a number of tests ordered by him, I couldn't get an appointment with him for 6 months to discuss the results. Every time I called they put me to the mailbox of his assistant, I left a message, no one ever called back. He rushed through the recovery room after a procedure he did, I was still groggy a bit, but my friend accompanying me for the procedure confirmed that he had no more advice or information other than "call us in a few weeks". Well, Dr Elfant, if you don't have time for more patients, DO NOT ACCEPT NEW ONES ANY MORE because the quality of your service is greatly compromised no matter how good you are at what you're doing. I could have gone to other great doctors in the area who would have treated me with more respect and caring but now I am kind of stuck with you since all my tests were done at Cooper. Other patients out there, go somewhere else where they will actually care!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

I had a 12:30 appt. Was not seen by Dr Elfant until 2:25 (so 2 hours) when I finally got back there, I passed 4 Pharma Reps. Which is fine, have your two hour lunch, just stop taking appts at 11, and dont start again until 1. I am not the only one that waited for hours. When Dr Elfant FINALLY saw me, after I had to ask the nurse how much longer, he came in with no apologies, asked me a ton of questions (where he started talking without my response) then he forgot to do an examination. He just told me that I have an anal fissure (without even looking). Shook my hand twice, trying to get out of the office before I was done. Bottom line, I saw the doc for 15 min and waited close to 2 hours. I dont know if this is him or Cooper that is bad.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I have been a patient for over 10 years, and I have known Dr.Elfant to be an excellent doctor!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Every time I've had a problem or needed help he does not return my call for a week. I could die waiting for him or his staff to call me back. He forgot to perform a second test that I needed while I was under anesthesia.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Couldn't diagonse a case of prostatitis. Nice doctor but he didn't wash his hands.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Adam B. Elfant's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mount Laurel, NJ