Ratings for Dr. James Bovard

Dr. James has been a great source of good solid medical knowledge for me and my sports injuries throughout the last 25 years. He listens, tries to avoid unnecessary surgery, but will refer to a surgeon if he thinks the injury needs further treatment.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I've been Dr. Bovard's patient for twenty years. He has provided excellent treatment, support with work related issues and solid advice. I always feel better for having seen him. Receptionist Nata's personable charm is a tonic for which there is no fee.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I have used Dr.Bovard since he took over Dr.Craig's practice 25+ years ago. He has always been very professional, courteous and knowledgable. He will not prescribe any unnecessary drugs. Yes a lot of remedies revolve around stretching and exercise. (He specializes in Sports Medicine.) He delivered my first two children. Dr.Bovard now attends to my three children as needed. They find him easy to talk to and accept his sound advice. We have always found that the exercises he suggests to be most helpful if done as prescribed. I would far rather have a doctor who can offer a natural remedy, rather than a bandaide of drugs.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I called and the receptionist picked up and said "hold please" and proceeded yo put me on hold without even bothering to wait for a reply. After being on hold for over 15 minutes I hung up and called again. This time there was no answer. If this is how they treat their patients, then it's quite obvious that patient well-being is not important to them.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

He is too quick! Doesn't take time to listen to my concernsf

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

I found Dr. Bovard very helpful and concerned about my complaint. Although he was very busy and the appointment was late he still took time to answer all my questions. He was also able to get me in for an MRI really quickly as well.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Bovard has been my physician for many years. I have always respected his opinion and really trust him with my health. His assistant Victoria was absolutely fantastic and I have noticed a change since she left - return calls are slow, appt take long, wait period in reception is slow (where Dr. Bovard has had to come out to get patients). I recently attended physio and the therapist asked me what was going on over there as everyone was talking about how disorganized things seemed. I hope Nata gets back in the grove or that Victoria come back!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I went to him for patellar tendonitis. All he did was give me stretches and exercises to complete. I waited 4 months to get an appointment with him for this! He is rather unprofessional. His iPhone rang during my visit with him, and he just took it and said "I'll be back". I would not recommend him to anybody. On the other hand, his receptionist, Nata, is very friendly and approachable. I complained about neck and lower back pain, and all he did was run to back room to bring me a few papers of stretches to complete. He didn't even ask more about the pain, or request an exam (X-ray). He seems like he is always in a rush. He is always late as well, like 10-15 minutes off my appointment. He is hands down the doctor I've ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

For those of you complaining about Dr.Bovard's staff, you should know that he recently hired back his original assistant Nata.She is very good at her job and makes the office a much more pleasant environment.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Bovard is an excellent physician. He is practical, solution oriented, and has a pleasant and friendly manner. His staff can come across as rather rude and abrupt, however.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012