Ratings for Dr. Corinne Dixon

My entire family has been seeing Dr. Dixon for probably over 20 years. Both receptionists are usually friendly toward me but agreeable that they always seem rushed and as if they are trying to get you off the phone asap. That being said, whenever I do call to make an appointment if it is more urgent they will get me in the next day (sometimes with a different doctor). Dr. Dixon herself is very casual with diagnoses and meds, she often either very quickly decides to give me medication or none at all. There have been a few cases where I felt she didn't really care about my LONGTERM wellbeing, only to get the problem fixed for a month until it comes back. There are also things she sometimes brushes off as if they should go away on their own which they in fact don't. She is a very approachable, friendly woman though. I just think she is too casual and nonchalant with her profession.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Same as many of the other patients , Dr.Dixon has done next to nothing to find my mother a specialist she needs. She seems to come up with any diagnosis and call it a day. I haven't had bad experience with her personally but again, like many others, I am severely unimpressed with the reception staff. I dread calling to hear the older receptionist pick up and be so disapppinted and upset that I'm calling. It makes me feel less willing to see my doctor. Luckily I'm pretty healthy but for people with serious issues , being put down by the receptionist is a serious problem. Definitely due for a change.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Dixon for about 20 years now, and am currently looking for another doctor. The older woman at the front desk is terribly rude whenever I have had to deal with her. I wouldn't bother calling to try to get an appointment, as I have called 30 times today AND yesterday in the 3 hours they we're open each day, and I wasn't able to get through once. Dr. Dixon seems to try to brush problems off, that are in fact serious.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I've been a client for 20 years, as well as my immediate family. I have doubts about her diagnosis and have since sought out other opinions. My mother was incorrectly diagnosed and ended up seeking out a specialist - found out she did in fact have cancer, if this was ignored as the doctor suggested we may not have her here today. The office staff is extremely rude, they try and give medical opinions before "allowing" an appointment, they ask very personal question that I only want to discuss with the Doctor before considering an appointment. I was treated with very little respect my last visit from the doctor and her entire staff I had an appointment for a very personal problem and I felt judge the entire time I was there. I was told like a child that I could not use their bathroom and that I should have been able to read the signs posted. With all of this said the most recent problem I have incurred is with a specialist referral for my special needs child. I was very patiently waiting for a referral. I was told each week to call the office to see if there was an appointment made for my son, and each week for two months I was told to be patient and wait. One day I got a call from the specialist office asking why they did not receive a call from me so I could forward them the questionnaires needed for an appointment. I was beside my self as I was told each week to keep waiting, when in fact the office staff were suppose to let me know that there were several (6 in total) questionnaires to be filled out prior to asking for an appointment, my child has be at home suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness and now he is the one who has got the short end of the poor organization and lack of compassion from the office staff and Dr. Dixon. I will be seeking out a new family doctor immediately.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

She is generally good; however, since I believe in addressing lifestyle and nutritional concerns and have issues that she can't seem to diagnose, she seems quick to chalk it up to depression and offer me something for that even though I am far from being depressed. She is hesitant to refer to specialists if she doesn't think there is anything wrong. For regular things, she is fine and is always pleasant.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Dixon for over 20 years and find her an excellent doctor. As other's have mentioned she is kind, thoughtful, thorough and yet efficient. I never feel rushed and she always takes the time to listen. She is not one to write a quick prescription and that's just one of the many things I appreciate about her. You cannot find a better doctor in southwestern ON than Dr. Dixon. The staff are always nice and helpful....sometimes it seems rushed, but that's because it's a busy office.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I have been a patient my whole life and now my two children see her as well. Although I believe she is quick to write a prescription some times vs finding the root of the real issue, she has many positive atributes. She has been nothing but wonderful with my children and never makes the appointments feel rushed. Her staff on the other hand is a different story. The recent changes to the reception team have not been positive. They are rude, short and not as as helpful as the previous team. They have provided their own medical opinion which i feel is inappropriate - the reason i am calling is to see the real doctor ot to get their opinion. They are often belittling with thier comments and not polite in person.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Dixon for over 20 years, and now my girls have been going all their lives. She's down to earth, and very helpful. I have moved over the years but wouldn't change doctors even it it means a longer drive. The staff is also very accommodating and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Dixon's for many years. She takes time to know you while still being efficient....so you're not waiting in the office for an extra hour for your appointment....it's rare to find someone who can be kind, considerate and efficient in this field and she is. I've had stitches from her on my face and no problem....I'm surprised people here have said some of these things and I certainly take them with a handful (not a grain) of salt. Dr. Dixon is one of the best doctors in our region and she always refers me for tests that I would know nothing about....I'm not the doctor :). Thank you Dr, Dixon and staff for all that you do and how hard you work for us!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

While she is nice, I always feel rushed with an answer given to a problem without much consideration. She is quick to write off problems, and have already had 4 incorrect diagnosis's to concerns or problems from her. If I go in with research printed out for her, and a list of my own findings and concerns she will often accommodate. my entire family has also found that every time she gives us minimal stitches they have come open. her old reception staff were great, friendly and knew all the names. though, recently a new addition has made it for such a headache to even call, going to a ER is preferable. the reception staff is always impatient and angry you called. they give medical feedback when they should not be, the make you feel horrible just for calling. I was actually brought to tears twice recently. definitely horrible phone etiquette.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014