Ratings for Dr. Guillermo Rocha

Dr Rocha has treated my husband for several years for the many eye related issues he suffers from. He works with the whole team of eye specialists that my husband had to see and ensures that he is communicating with all the other doctors involved and keeps us informed as well. He will fit my husband in on an emergent basis when necessary and is always pleasant and comforting. He is often behind in his office as he serves a large population, but we do not mind for the service we recieve. His staff are exceptional and very helpful when faced with questions or concerns. They assisted us to get a surgery date and then written the necessary follow up. Very fortunate to have this doctor in our community.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Excellent Dr.. Did both cataracts for me and no problems. Very thorough.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Horrible wait time every time. He has patients all come in at once and all wait for hours rather than patients coming and going in turn. My last appointment there were 22 patients in the waiting room all at once. Others had to wait in the hall. He has questionable billing practices, which I'm suspicious are fraudulent. He exudes ego. His manner of practice appears to be all about him, his convenience and money, money, money, not about patient care at all.

Submitted January 15, 2018

I traveled to Brandon and was extremely happy I did. His staff was awesome and Dr Rocha was the best Dr I’ve had with my eye problem. I’m keeping him as my primary eye Dr and I don’t care it’s a days drive. I rexommmed anyone to see him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I was scheduled to see an eye specialist in Dr. Rocha's office. I received a call from his office as to the time of the appointment and was told that it would cost me $250 for a test requested by my doctor. As I had had this done in Winnipeg for free I was stunned. As soon as I questioned the price, the receptionist became extremely rude and defensive. She asked me a number of times if I wanted to cancel the appointment and every time I told her no that I would pay the $250 and need to see my doctor. She told me she didn't like my attitude and I responded that I didn't like her's either. I later received a letter saying that my appointment was canceled with no reason why. I contacted my doctor in Winnipeg and was informed that I had canceled the appointment as I had refused to pay the cost of the required exam. That was an out and out lie. Lesson learned....do not question the costs in this office or they will cancel your appointment. The unprofessional conduct of this receptionist is appalling and if you have a choice, go to Winnipeg where you are treated with respect and care.

Submitted September 26, 2017

I recently had a corneal transplant and have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Rocha and his staff at the clinic and the hospital. Mt vision continues to improve and I have hardly any discomfort in my eye. We are so blessed to have this high-skilled surgeon here in Manitoba!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

He butchered my eyesight as well. Removed cataracts and put in Symphony lenses. The best lenses around, apparently, except in my case of course. He initially admitted he was slightly off in the left lens but later backed off in front of a student he was helping. He said he would laser the left eye in Wpg but wanted another $1500.00 I already paid over $3600.00. But in front of a student he again retracted that idea. Said he could remove and replace the lens but he didn't think I'd be happy with it anyway. I cannot see distance clearly without glasses, get auras at night so cannot night drive and need glasses to drive or see tv. These lenses are supposedly 100% for distance without glasses, we'll make that 99 now. Not happy with my results at all.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Rocha is an amazing doctor! I had a traumatic corneal abrasion accident to my eye in Mexico. He has helped me immensely over the past 7 months! He is doing laser PTK surgery on my eye soon and I look forward to being pain free for life after it heals. He is the best and if you are lucky to get in to see him you will be healed.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Rocha has performed two DSEK operations on me and I find him to be excellent. I highly recommend him . His staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Complete waste of time. I was reffered to him he asked me what he was supposed to do for me.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015