Ratings for Dr. Maha Balakumar

Knowledgeable, if he doesn't know he will look up info; gets back to you with information; makes you feel like he does care about you and your health. Needs to read up more on other therapeutic interventions that help with depression besides CBT. Positive personality and compassionate generally.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

Best doctor I have been to in a long time. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Great doctor who shows skill and compassion to patients; truly caring and supportive in his manner.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

I love Dr. B! he is compassionate, helpful,understanding, you can debate with him and he doesn't hold it against you. He doesn't think he's better than you, he treats you with respect. In fact he always shakes your hand upon greeting you. He doesn't put a time limit on your apt and chase you out after 10 minutes either! He follows thru on test results and will actually call you at home to check up on you if you are not well or has test results he needs to discuss with you. He treats you like a human being . Best Dr. I've ever had. My only complaint is he only works 3 days aweek. Having said that, the other 4 days of the week, he's working out of the hospital, helping sick people there. Awsome! You've hit the jackpot if you can have him as your GP.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Good walk in doctor to see when all you want is a simple diagnosis and treatment. He was a bit too eager with the tongue depressor when trying to diagnose my pharyngitis and I started into a coughing fit, but he felt really bad afterwards. After he gave me my prescription he took the time to sit and tell me what to avoid and what to embrace. As far as walk in docs go, if you see him, you've hit the motherload

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Excellent Doctor, followed up after blood work arrived. Not just a doctor that will give a drug and walk away.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

He is the BEST! Follows through on your problems-very caring,helpful and polite. The best doctor I have had in many, many years.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

The best in the clinic. Kind, helpful, willing to go out of his way to help a patient. He was the only one that took the time to diagnose and treat a sinus infection the everyone else said was "just a cold" He prescribed anitbiotics and I was feeling better the next day. Thanks Dr B.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

I see Dr. Balakumar when my regular GP is not working. He is very caring and knows how to treat a patient. He detected a serious infection I had, which was getting worse, when the other walk-in Dr. barely even assessed me-a couple days earlier. He also spends the appropriate time with each patient, depending on their situation.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Balakumar went above and beyond in helping our family through very difficult times. He was supportive and encouraging each time we met with him. When our children or ourselves had any illnesses, he genuinely cared and provided us with the best medical attention possible. If he did not know the answer to a question, he sought the advice of other professionals. Dr. Balakumar means a lot to our family. Although we have never socialized with him, he feels like a true friend to our family. It is reassuring to know that we have a Dr. who demonstrates the meaning of caring.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008