You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Skarsgard

I had 4 procedures done in an 8 hr open heart surgery. Dr Skarsgard and his assistant Rebecca are both wonderful. I live out of town and she took care of all my appointments for me. And I am alive due to Dr Skarsgard's gifted hands. Here's to you, Peter!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Best Doc around and great Secretary ( Rebeca) very professional -- i was out of Hospital on 5th day after aorta valve replacement -- i Myself had a mis communication with my Pharmacy and called Rebeca and she was great and all was looked after in a couple hours :) Thanks so Much Dr Skarsgard and Rebeca-

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

L was so lucky to have Dr.Peter Skarsgard for triple-By-pass surgery at 10 February 2015.He is the best.He is high professional ,superb Cardiothoracic surgeon.Not too much like him in the world. God Bless you doctor and will give you opportunity to save peoples lives

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I received a triple By-pass and a new aorta valve Last year.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

I was fortunate to have Dr Peter Skarsgard as my Surgeon, even though I had never met him until just before the CABG at VGH in March 2014. He is a gifted, wonderful and caring doctor and my husband and I thank him with all our hearts for literally 'holding my heart' in his hands and giving me a new lease on life. He very patiently explained details to my husband and the post-op visit was very pleasant. God Bless you doctor and may you continue your wonderful work for many, many more years to come.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

What can I say, Dr. Skarsgard is the best. His skills, knowledge, and the confidence he instilled in me before mitral valve repair were simply amazing. I won the lottery of life when he became my surgeon. What more can a man say! With the greatest of all respect thank you very, very much. Tim G

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Outstanding Surgeon! Repaired my Mitral valve and I have been able to return to a normal life. Inspired confidence during the pre-surgical visit and answered all of my questions in a thoughtful and caring manner. Was helpful to my GP in my post surgery recovery. If you have to have Heart Surgery, you are in the best of hands with this Dr.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Skarsgard is a consummate professional with superb technical skills. He is an extremely talented cardio thoracic surgeon who saved my husband's life. Simply put, Dr. Skarsgard is the best! My husband & I will forever be indebted to him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Skarsgard performed CABG surgery on me (3 bypasses) in March 2011. When my wife and I met with him in January, he was polite, communicative, informative, thoughtful and helpful. The surgery seems to have been a success. I have only good things to say about Dr. Skarsgard.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I must be the odd man out. I had mitral valve surgery in 2007 twice within 10 days. I am ok now but had a tough time recovering. I wasn't very impressed with the staff at vgh either. I guess it was just bad luck for me.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

Dr. Peter Skarsgard's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had 4 procedures done in an 8 hr open heart surgery. Dr Skarsgard and his assistant Rebecca are both wonderful. I live out of town and she took care of all my..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Doc around and great Secretary ( Rebeca) very professional -- i was out of Hospital on 5th day after aorta valve replacement -- i Myself had a mis commu..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "L was so lucky to have Dr.Peter Skarsgard for triple-By-pass surgery at 10 February 2015.He is the best.He is high professional ,superb Cardiothoracic surgeon.N..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I received a triple By-pass and a new aorta valve Last year."

November 28, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Cardiologist" to "Cardiothoracic Surgeon"

December 4, 2011