Ratings for Dr. Prafulla K. Koneru

Good clinician with bad billing practices. Watch out for the oral medications given during the visit as if they are doing a favor - only to be slapped later with a few hundred $$ bill for that $5 pill.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Was no help with fertility, we were trying for 17 months. I had a retro uterus and Dr. Koneru said that tilting it forward was too difficult and would not help with fertility. I thought I was suffering from endometriosis and bowel issues from the retro uterus & endorse Dr. Kroner Ignored my concerns and said to keep trying to conceive days 10 thru 20. I found another Obgyny that did laparoscopy. I had endo, scar tissue, and polyps. This other doctor removed these issues AND did a uterine suspension (tilting it upright) in less than a 2 hour outpatient surgery. He says the upright uterus makes a big difference. I'm glad I took my fertility in my own hands and found a better doctor.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Please change your dr if you are thinking about she will do the normal forget it money hungry she will come up with excuses at the last minute to do c section don't do forcep only vacuum I was left alone into labor with my wife with some nurse who did not know what she was doing does nsg fetal test on. Every week 2 times try to avoid that it's harmful to baby don't pay upfront any money will ask 1200 up front . Every thing was. Fine last minute comes and says baby have unusual heart rate need to do c section no mater what comes with lame excuse it more money for c section guys gave me excuse says baby cord got raped on the neck it could be unwrapped with finger it's common not only that heart rate unusual are also monitored so don't know how is it possible showed for not even for 10 minutes in labor

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

She is a great Dr. Mine is high risk pregnancy. She told me you have to put on weight only 20 pounds. She was very strictly managing my weight and gave lot of mental support . I gave her 4 rating on her on time. Everybody knows OB/GYN can't come on time because they have to attend deliveries anytime. At my first pregnancy she was on vacation, I called her at 1 am and put a message. She just came from vacation, called me immediately ,listened to me very patiently and told what I have to do. My whole family loves her. My Mom is a big fan of her. My mom was very scared of my pregnancy. We were happy today because of Dr. Koneru God bless her and her family.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

We had a very bad experience with the doctor. She used to call us every week even though she doesn't come to check up. She will charge very high charges. The waiting time is also high due to sweet words that she tell mostly Indians would fall in her words. I would suggest a big NO for this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

We had very good experience with the doctor.She has some 35+ years of experience and that helped us throughout the pregnancy till delivery and then postpartum.I would definately recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Love, love the dr. She detected a problem with my pregnancies before there was a problem. Office wait is ridiculous- often waiting an hour or more. If it was over an hour , I would leave.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

I had a very bad experience with her office admin staff. They ripped me off by pre-charging me extra and didnt bother refunding me the extra amount that I ended up paying. I had to go back and forth to their office and make several calls to my insurance company to finaly solve the matter. Even then I didnt get the right amount back.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Excellent doctor. Great attitude, very caring and helpful. The staff is very good as well. The only minor complain I have is about the wait time for office visits. They may be booking too many appointments.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I would rate her average. Acts on preconceived knowledge (may be she has longer experiance) and few times failed to answer my health related questions. Waiting time is very high. I observed many cesarean cases in my time.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008