Ratings for Dr. David Halverson

BEWARE THIS DOCTOR. He performed surgery on me to remove a mass from my neck and it has impacted the quality of my life. He damaged the nerves in my neck area causing me to have problems with use of my arm. The muscles in my back, arm and breast area atrophied and I look deformed. I went to another physician for help and spent months in physical therapy. I will never again pick a doctor from the phone book. I will consult another physician before I have anything done from now on. I wish I had gotten a second opinion. When I asked for a biopsy he said there was no need as it had to come out anyway. I asked about possible nerve damage and he said that there wouldn't be a problem. After surgery he never mentioned nerve damage but I began to have tremendous pain after the surgery. Since that nightmare experience I have had to see an ENT and I went to my primary care physician and received a referral to the best in Birmingham. Wish I had done that before I met up with this arrogant uncaring doctor. He is lacking in many areas for a physician you would want to treat you but the worst part is he is a terrible surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

DOCTOR DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING! IF YOU FINDS OUT HE CAN'T DO SURGERY ON YOU, HE WON'T HELP YOU WITH ANY OTHER SINUS PROBLEMS. HE STAYS IN THE ROOM WITH YOU FOR 4 MINUTES THE MAXIMUM. HE WILL HARDLY EVEN LOOK AT YOU. HE ACTS LIKE YOUR SYMPTOMS YOU DESCRIBE ARE NOT IMPORTANT TO HIM NO MATTER HOW MISERABLE YOU ARE. HIS NURSE IS VERY RUDE AND SHORT AND IMPERSONAL WITH YOU. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, I HAVE HAD SEVERAL BAD EXPERIENCES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS WITH HIM AND I HAVE HAD IT.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

I have been to this doctor over the last 12 years w/t Bc/Bs, so I know him very well. He has performed 2 sinus surgeries on me didn't help. The problem with this doctor is he will make you wait in the waiting room for a very long time, but once you get in the room he walks in 3 minutes & he is walking out. He does not spend time with patient, nor does he listen. I have been to him 4 times this year for severe swelling of the nasal passages & he gave me a answer of I DON'T KNOW. He is a Ent, & he should know. He didn't offer me medication for my severe swelling, nor a explanation of what it might could be or where do I go next. I have heard rumors he is surgery happy, & I do believe that. My fiance went to him 2 years ago & this Dr. said he needed surgery. But he didn't go through with it. 3 weeks ago, the Dr. called & wanted to know if he would do the surgery now. So he must be hurting for business. Its been 2 years, my fiance isn't doing it. Beware of this Dr. Really. Waste of Time.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

wonderful doctor, very knowledgable. saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007