Ratings for Dr. Paul I. Roth

I was a patient of Dr. Roth's for three years. He is a really nice, pleasant man besides being a very efficient, knowledgeable doctor, who cares about his patients. He keeps to his schedule so that you don't end up spending two hours at the eye doctor the way that I used to with a previous doctor. I hated to leave Dr. Roth's services but it is too inconvenient for me to now travel to Hamilton to see him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I was visiting Ontario for vacation from the UK in July 2016. While in Hamilton I developed an eye problem and an optical outlet recommended Dr Paul Roth. As a "walk-in" customer I was very pleased to be given an appointment the same morning; the reception staff were very helpful in fixing it. I found Dr Roth to be courteous, considerate, professional and honest in providing an opinion and advice on my condition. I thought that the clinic was very well fitted out with first class diagnostic equipment. I felt as comfortable in the way my situation was handled by Dr Roth as I would if I had been visiting my regular optometrist in the UK. As a visitor from outside Canada I had to pay for the consultation and I considered that C$80 was very good value for money. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Roth. PFF, Cambridgeshire, England.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

very good doctor been with him for many many yrs as well as my daughter jas and many member of my family been with my family well over 20 yrs

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

I found Dr. Roth to be excellent, very knowledgable and helpful

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Dr. Roth is very knowledgeable and quite easy to talk with. He has been my Ophthalmologist for close to twenty years.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

I've seen him on 3 occasions, all which have not pleasant. He diagnosed me improperly twice, gave me expired eye drops twice and did not listen to me at all. I feel he believes every issue related to eye discomfort is due to an allergy, not an infection and has caused me alot of stress, and pain within the past 2 years. I will never go back to seek his advice for my eyes as I never feel any better when I follow his recommendations. He has made me very, very uncomfortable in one specific occasion. I can't believe that he will administer expired meds to his patients! This doctor in my opinion, needs to retire already!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

He is great. So personable. I have been seeing him for about 15 years now. It kinda sucks he is semi retired and is not available every day. However, he is worth the wait. I will wait months to get an appointment with him if I had to. I hope that when he fully retires I can find an eye doctor as nice as him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2007

Dr. Roth is one of the best, good referrals when I needed eye surgery, never had to wait anymore than 20 mins. for appt. sometimes not even that, I usally have early morning appts. and always there never had to wait for him to come in.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2007