Ratings for Dr. Gamal Zakhary

He takes the time with my child and got her referred to specialists quickly. He follows up constantly with my daughter. If it wasn't for him I would still be waiting for referrals and a diagnosis. His staff are friendly. He addressed all my concerns and he is just amazing. My daughter is doing much better thanks to his care. I would still be waiting to have a diagnosis if it wasn't for him and we would still be waiting for treatment. He never rushes us and takes the time with us at every visit. I wish there were more peds like him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He is one of the best pediatrician.. He took his own time to understand our problem and it was 11 in the night ..he was on no hurry ..heard us thoroughly. My daughter loved him

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr Gamal Zakhary is simply the best - knowledgeable, caring and dedicated doctor ! He literally saved my daughter's life. Before I met him in Brampton emergency room I had consulted 4 different doctors and they were not able to diagnose what appeared to be a fast spreading infection. Dr. Zakhary was able to correctly diagnose and prescribe treatment immediately. He also helped ensuring that my daughter will be accepted in the hospital and arrange for all paper work. He is also very pleasant and my daughter loves him. We are very grateful and wishing him all the best !

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I met Dr. Zakhary after my daughter came into the ER. He may not be the most presentable (and he has a thick accent), but he is knowledgeable! Once he had all the information to diagnose my daughter, he was VERY QUICK to get her the help and referrals that she needed. He checked on us periodically and assured us that he was only rushing in and out, in order to get all the paperwork completed and contacted the appropriate doctors to treat my daughter. Then he checked on her a few more times before we were transported to Sick Kids. My daughter needed immediate, life saving treatment and he acted fast! I owe him so much!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

As a mother of three, I find it very difficult of understand how a man like Dr Zakhary can go into a field where he interacts with children all day long since he has the worst disposition for it. He is always angry and loud- aggressive is a good way to describe his behavior and demeanor. He is late to the point of comedy and spends less thab 5 minutes with his patients. On several occasions I have been forced to see him (limited peds in the area) and everything disgusts me about this man and is office. The toys are so dirty... visible scum and layers of grime- how can you have grotesquely dirty childrens toys in a pediatricians office?! He is rude to parents and children alike and oh my goodness lord help you if you don't understand and ask a question. He will accuse you of "knowing everything" and throw in your face that he said the one with a medical license not you. Completely confusing and irresponsible. Parents should be asking questions about anything that you recommend. After all, I am a parent and you are caring for my child- I should be concerned with what you are giving him or doing to him. It is insane that he has a medical license and I urge all with children to steer clear. I know it's hard because pediatricians are so hard to come by but I promise this one will do more damage than good.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Someone needs to take his licence away and teach him a thing or two about compassion. He was doing a physical assessment of my 11-year-old sister's abdomen when she started to twitch a little bit. Now being a young girl and having a strange man touch your belly, may be a little discomforting. However, after being referred to a child specialist, she was in obvious distress. After he noticed her uncomfort, he yelled at my mom and sister, that she was FAKING IT. Thanks, after waiting for a few hours for this clown, THAT's surely what I wanted to hear. Long story short, she turned out to have a rare bacterial infection on her organs and, all so called Dr. Gamal Zakhary, could focus on, was her twitching.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

His staff were kind and willing to work around scheduling issues. They always apologized due to the long wait times. I do agree that the waiting rooms were always crowded..,no room really for everyone. Had to pay for parking too. The toys were filthy. We would wait for more than an hour to see this doctor. I left after he accused me of thinking I knew a lot as I had behavioural concerns about my daughter. He threw jn my face my profession as an educator and said that due to this I thought I knew so much. Needless to say I ran out of that place after 4 years of suffering and am much more pleased with the new pediatrician we have....won't be leaving him and have been with our new pediatrician for 5 years now!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Zakhary, although not the most punctual Dr. Is one of the best. Knowledgeable pediatricians I know. He is very good at what he does and I trust him completely with the health off both my children.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I would not recommend anyone going there. The wait is obviously too long, sitting there is lil kids is not easy, then Dr doesn't even give 5 minutes to patient the assistant does. Knowledge - I am surprised he is so reputed, he pressured us to get meningococcal shot to my 8 month old....he also charged me to $120 per shot. Today when my daughter is 4 years going to school. I have a notice saying that this was not suppose to be given this shot at 8 months but after 1 year. Now I have to go back and get that shot. This is very annoying and I regret going there. A senior doctor doesn't know when to give what shot to a child. ... moreover this shot is free and they charged me approx. $300.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

He knows what he is doing but he has his patients all have an appointment at the same time. He preformed a circumcision and did a great job. The wait to see him is ridiculous. I even caught him eating a sandwich around the corner while he had 15 people waiting to see him. I won't go back

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015