Ratings for Dr. Chris Chan

Dr Chan Used to be on wedge road now across town. I don't believe he wants to be a doctor. The odd day he is scheduled to work he comes late or doesn't show up at all. I have called before app to see if he's coming in and even the staff will say we have no idea if he's going to show up. How can a doctor be this irresponsible with the patients in his care. When one doctor puts you on medication no other doctor will refil for you. So if he doesn't show up when you run out of your meds you are out of luck. So I agree with the other comment that said his motto must be suffer the patient because that's exactly what happens. You are left to suffer until he decides it's time to go in and put in his little 4 hour shift every week or two. I think he needs to think about his oath as a doctor to Do No Harm!! I managed to find another doctor who works five days a week and will always let you know if he is going to be away so that you are not left for days without your medication or left sitting in an office waiting for chan who can't be bothered to even show up!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Doctor chan would be great if he actually showed up.i come in from out of town and i choose to see him cause they got years of my files from dr.Eldemire .But now he is retired.Sadly enough every dam time he is suppose to be there ,which is very seldom , few hours thurs ,fri and sat.He cant even show up.the front desk ladies are very nice and extremely embarased.they deal with pissed off patients time and time again.and when there asked if dr.chan will acually be in.They say your guess is as good as ours.you will have to wait and see when shift starts.so you show up at start time cause if u dont the doors get locked instantly if he decides to show up and then you dont get in anyways.so if you drive a couple hours in hopes e will acually show and u make it there at exactly the time he should start.9out of 10 times you wasted your time.soim wondering if this man even wants to be a doctor. this has been going on for years.frustrating and annoying.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Went to see this guy again. He started screaming strange things in the exam room. He seems to have hallucinations. "Please no, please don't hurt me, oh God no, stop yelling, your hurting me call the police" With that he tripped on the door and ran away. What a wierdo. Don't see this guy ever. Goes under the names Chin and Chen as well.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

Very knowledge and intelligent. He explains medical problems before he prescribes or refers. The guy will NOT bother to help a patient with chronic health problems. His motto must be SUFFER THE PATIENT. Cause no harm! He wants his patient s to go until they drop! What a guy

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

I see Dr. Chan at the Wedge Road clinic when I go as a walk-in because my family doctor (at the same clinic) takes 3 months to fit me in. Dr. Chan takes too long explaining every little detail and getting distracted talking about things that don't really relate to me or help me. He also scared me by talking about my risk of cancer and told me to do a complete diet change to stop my acid reflux even though I take a daily pill that has worked great. When I saw a specialist to have a scope done to check for Cancer or any damage from the acid reflux I told him about the no acid diet I had been told to go on and he thought that was crazy. He said there was no reason I needed to be on that strict of a diet if the pills I have been taking work for me. I would not recommend Dr. Chan to anyone. Also the wait time for the walk in clinic is very long. And the hours are very bizarre, sometimes on 5-9 on Thursdays. I have seen them lock the door at 5:05 because they have too many people waiting.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I would recommend him to anyone, he is knowledgeable and above all down to earth and always has time for you. Never in a hurry and has been really pleasant and caring in his profession.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Listens and stays current with new meds and procedures.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Chan after my longtime doctor retired, although Dr. Chan is very busy it is worth the wait to see him. Dr Chan always took the time to address all of my concerns, and you left his office feeling better. He was wonderful with my family, and was never scared to confront insurance companies on someones behalf. My only complaint is that he does not have the time to be in the office fulltime. When i need to see someone i will wait till i know i can get in to see him. He is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

Dr. Chan has helped out in the clinic that Dr. Eldemire has practiced for many years. Upon Dr. Eldemire's retirement, Dr. Chan would be an excellent Dr. to fill those big shoes, but however I don't think this is the route that Dr. Chan wishes to take with his knowledge. In the brief time that I have known Dr. Chan, I have found him to be very knowledgible, patient, and an excellent overall Dr.whom I would trust dearly with any health issue of my own or my family. I wish he would stay with us at the Wedge Rd. MediClinic!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007