Ratings for Dr. S. Gayle KAIHOI

She misdiagnosed a lump in my armpit without checking it for over a year. When I finally went to a surgeon since it was cutting my circulation off, he suspected it was was my lymph nodes and it turned out I had metastic breast cancer... when they did a biopsy. Her misdiagnosis cost me alot.... health wise, and financially, Im lucky to be alive.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

My whole family went to dr. Carpenter for several years. Her misdiagnosis', carelessness, and inappropriate comments are too numerous to mention. We ended up going to TVC so many times because we couldnt get in if we had anything that needed to be seen within a day or two. The last straw was a diagnosis of possible kidney or liver problems in my perfectly healthy son due to abnormal creatinine kinase and BUN results that were set to an adult range that of course turned out to be completely normal for a 2 year. This we had to find out for ourselves through online sources and our own childhood doctors that couldn't believe the we were given a scare over something that she should have known. Quite frankly I question the need for the blood tests in the first place. I could write a page about the mishandling of my husband but I don't have the time or energy. We will never go back. Feel a little stupid that it took us so long to leave.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

All the staff at Midnight Sun is wonderful, like others have said Dr. Kaihoi diagnosed me correctly when other Dr's failed. My wife and I are both patients and won't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Brought my teen daughter to Carpenter to get help for her obvious hypothyroid symptoms. Carpenter was recommended by friend for her ability to manage hormone disorders. Dad, son, and I have formal hypothyroid diagnoses from specialists out of state. Carpenter looked at my list of daughter's symptoms and after running labs suggested we curtail reading WebMD! TSH was at the bottom of the "normal" range. Finally flew daughter to nationally-known thyroid MD out of state. He not only agreed with our symptom list but added new, serious ones we had no idea were thyroid related (and had choice words for Carpenter's ability to interpret lab results). Perhaps Carpenter does well with a few disorders, but she was out of her league with us.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

My sister referred me to this doc. Her boss was incorrectly diagnosed with more than one doc in town. He went to see Dr. Carpenter. Turns out he had a serious condition with too much iron. This doc was on the ball and found it. I now go to her exclusively. She intelligently tries to rule things out if there isn't an obvious answer to what is going on. I have more than one medical condition going on and she is very patient and kind. She has helped me more than I can say and I plan on sticking with her for a long time. I hope she likes Fairbanks and plans to stay here.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

End up only seeing PA and was given medication that was dangerous to me because of known condition they had in their records.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

MY MD and she is incredible gets you right in, remembers things about you that no one does!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

She diagnosed my father with cancer when doctors from the lower 48 kept misdiagnosing him. If it wasn't for her he wouldn't be here today.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

She was not able to diagnose simple vaginal dryness and irritation due to breastfeeding (and decreased estrogen), instead putting me on a series of antibiotics and sulfa drugs for infections I never had. She finally referred me to someone else after months of misery (she even told me I might have herpes and should have a discussion with my partner). The doctor to whom she referred me correctly diagnosed this very normal condition within five minutes of talking to me. Carpenter tried to cover her tracks later by saying, "That's what I thought it was."

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Has got me sicker than what I really am. YOu don't tell a patient they are 'grossly' overweight. Okay so I may be but I'm Italian and we like to eat. Ever see a skinny Italian??? if so then they are not 100%

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

Dr. S. Gayle KAIHOI's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathy (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal