Ratings for Dr. Barbara Yip

The wait time in ridicules. Waited for almost 2 hours each visit

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Always have to wait at least an hour and a half to see her unless you have the first appointment of the day then it's only 45 minutes. Her excuse is she had to stop at the senior home. I was severely anemic and left her office and went straight to the emergency room but her advice to me was to eat red meat! I could go on but I don't want to waste any more of my time on her. I have a wonderful new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Yip for 20yrs. The longest time I had waited in the clinic for appointment is 2.5 hours !

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Yip has been my family doctor forover a decade. I don't question her knowledge in this field but her staff and punctuality is just horrible. Every visit is at least an HOUR wait after the scheduled appointment. It's quite ridiculous. The staff should know how to book in appointments if they see a huge line up of patients sitting in the waiting room. I know that the doctor's time is valuable but are patients' time not?

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Barbara is very caring and knowledge. I've been with her for 14 years. The wait time is ridiculous but Barbara is worth seeing.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr Yip is the best family doctor. Like other reviewers have said, she does not clock watch. To complainers are about wait time, unless you want to be rushed out the door, you should appreciate the time she takes with each patient. Overall 5 stars all the way !!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Yip has been our family doctor for over 17 years. She is by far the most compassionate Doctor we have ever had. If there is a wait it's because she doesn't rush you out the door. She actually takes the time really diagnose what the issue is. This is rare and something you will never see in a walk in clinic. My daughter Kristin who is now 16 loves how Dr. Yip deals with her girl issues in a sensitive and actin manner. Our family has never been steered wrong and we consider ourselves lucky to have such her as our family GP. Thank you Dr. Yip.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr. Barbara Yip has been my family doctor for over a decade. My health has been well taken care of. When I once felt depressed because of my serious illness Dr. Barbara guided me to a positive thinking and that I released me from a pessimistic situation. So she is an all- over medical/health care provider to her patients. I was lucky that I did not have long waits for most of the time. I think for many times I met fellow-patients with single reason to see the doctor. The staff members are kind hearted. They are ready to help if you can explain yourself clearly.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I am very lucky to have Dr. Barbara as my family doctor. She is knowledgeable, empathetic and always engaged. She always takes time to hear what's really going on, explain things without ever making me feel rushed, and always shows compassion and caring for me, as well as tries her best to recommend good solutions and offers help. Yes the wait time might be very lengthy due to some reasons but is completely worth it for the care she provides. Thank you Dr. Barbara for everything you have done for me and my daughter.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

This is exactly what happened when I went to see her. I was advised by her staff in advance to only ask for help for a single symptom. 1.5 hrs of waiting and 5 mins to see the doctor and Dr Yip told me to rebook if I have any other questions not related to the current visit. I question the ethic of these doctor, are they in the field for the money or the interest in helping their patients.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016