Ratings for Dr. Jim W. Lam

Dr. Lam is one of the most patient doctor I been to. He is not the type of doctor that rush through. He is not like the doctors that look at the clock and gives you only 15 minutes of his time. I took my son there when he was caughting and making ashma sound throughout the night for 7 days. Dr. Lam gave him several prescription and the problem was calm and resolved in a short matter of time. Dr. Lam does not hold anyone hostage. I had the choice of rather to do the lab test or not. The only way to be certain about the diagnosis is through lab work and anyone with average intelligence know that. I also recommended Dr. Lam to several other families. I made many friends by doing so.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

This is the best doctor ever. He properly diagnosed my mother in law with a brain tumor, saving her life when other said she had Parkinsons. He got my own moms diabetes under control. He refused to prescribe PHEN PHEN to me when it first came out, saying he knew it to be bad for you, look at what happened there. My daughter has short gut syndrome and when surgeons wanted to gut her open again, he worked to figure out chemically how to help her. I have recommended several friends and they all sing his praises. It is like going into a small town doctors office, he never treats you like a number. Very Very good doctor...

flag | Submitted November 8, 2009

I was visiting my son in the area when I developed a rash that covered my left arm; since he had good experiences with this doctor, I went to see Dr. Lam. After a thorough review of possible causes for the rash and a couple of simple lab tests, he diagnosed the problem and got me a prescription for a topical ointment that resolved the rash shortly afterwards.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

Very friendly doctor and was very thorough, especially on my very first visit. When my husband developed psychological problems, he was firm and assertive with making sure that my husband was sent to the appropriate specialist for proper care. I'd recommend Dr. Lam to anybody I know.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

He was a little late for my appointment but was incredibly thorough with diagnosing my problem. Since I don't have health insurance, he was very understanding and we agreed on a payment schedule that fit my needs. He helped me out with figuring out the paperwork needed so that I could get financial assistance for the medications I needed. I have never had a better doctor in my life.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2006

Didn't skimp on tests like other doctors I saw before in the interest of saving time or money. Spent two years with lyme disease until I saw Dr. Lam and he ordered the proper tests after a thorough exam. He didn't try to rush me out of the office and spent as much time as I needed to address every question and concern that I had with my health. He's the best doctor I've seen yet although it's a shame that he doesn't accept HMO because the HMO insurances don't pay him enough to cover operating expenses.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2006

Becareful with Dr. Lam. Dr. Lam will hold you hostage to do tests he wants without regard for your medical bills or health. He doesn't care, he's not paying. But he withheld my drivers license until the tests were done. What did he find? Nothing, like I told him he was going to find. What did it cost me? Almost $1,000. Conculsion: Go to a deal doctor that will work with you and have your best interest in mind. Perhaps he had a contract with these labs. I don't know, but I don't like because holding me in a corner just to prove I was right and he was wrong. I will never go to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2005

Dr. Jim W. Lam's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Laguna Hills, CA