Ratings for Dr. David Hanmer

Stop seeing doc Hanmer after years because of his staff. Waited long periods of time often waiting to see himstaff yet when I called, out of courtesy,to stay I was stuck in traffic I would be 10 minutes late, I was told they would have to reschedule me? Never went back!!!! My time is just as important as theirs!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

This office is a pleasure to visit all of the staff is professional and make you feel very welcome

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I was terrified to have the necessary work done on my mouth. Dr Hamner and his staff calmed me down. They were gentle and kind. They were so nice and efficient. I felt no pain and the results are awesome. Even took care of my claim form which I had screwed up. Nice to see that after 30 years in practice he still enjoys his work. Highly recommend Dr Hamner.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

had my molar taken out yesterday. never saw Dr. Hanmer before, or so I thought. Dr. Hanmer has been in the in Clarica Centre for over 30 years. I worked in there same time, only called Shipp Centre then. Dr. Mark Rhody, my dentist, next door recommended Dr. Hanmer. I am so glad he did. Pain-free and a phone call the next morning to see how I am. That is a pleasant surprise and seeing him after 30 years was one as well. Thank you Dr. Hanmer and to Carla his assistant, and the ladies out front. Everyone seemed to be all friends patients and staff. WoW.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Awesome. Dr Hanmer and his staff are professional and attentive. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dr. Hanmer is the consummate professional. His office is well run, clean and welcoming. He is knowledgeable, friendly and personable. Each of my visits included specific instructions and next steps. I would highly recommend Dr. Hanmer.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I went to see Dr. Hamner for an implant. Other dentists say it was a successful implant as it's still there however I had so many issues with it. Now, it looks horrible. Since then, I have gone to another dentist who believes in restoring/saving your original tooth and having a root canal if needed. I feel I was taken a bit by the new **dental implant** fad. I should have had a root canal instead.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I was with Dr. Hanmer for several years. The staff was great and he was very pleasant. From time to time he hired hygienists who were not so great (there was one that was totally inept) so I asked for and got the ones that were good. He set one implant for me a few years back. I have had another done since and the technology of the new one was far superior. Dr. Hanmer seemed to do it freehand with a makita-like drill whereas my new one was done with a jig to position the drill and the gum only had a small puncture. This may just reflect changes in standard practice between the two insertions, but I would ask him about methodology if you need an implant. The other question I have is about the level of treatment - my new periodontist recommended several gum grafts when I transferred - a subject never raised by Dr. Hanmer. So I don't know if the new guy is too aggressive or Hanmer did not recommend enough.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I have just starting seeing him. He recommended a surgery that I didn't think I really needed, and as it's healed now I can see that it may have caused another issue. Hopefully he will resolve this issue without further money from my pocket.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010