Ratings for Dr. Kent Sorensen

Disappointed. I have been going to him for 20 + years, never missing a cleaning or check up. I had a tooth that was causing me problems each time I bit on a particular part of the tooth, and had complained about it to him each time I seen him ( 3 times over 16 months). Yes, I know a long time. Long enough that he should have taken my complaint seriously and at least done a thorough examination of this specific problem. The last cleaning I had done, I was due for an X-ray and check- up . Dr. Sorensen never once suggested an X-ray the whole time I complained about this tooth .Again I complained about the tooth, had my very basic check up done, and was told there was nothing showing on the x Ray . I was sent home with a return appt for a cracked filling on another tooth. They had a cancellation with another dentist, and I got called the following week for an earlier appt with this other dentist to fix the broken filling. During that week, the pain in the tooth I had been complaining about for over 1 year got worse, and I couldn't chew at all on that side. At my appt with the other dentist, I told him about my problem tooth, and he had me bite on something that right away elicited pain. Dr Sorensen never once had me bite on anything, even though I told him that was when the pain occurred. Also, according to this dentist, the X-ray, I had done wouldn't have shown the problem anyway. Shouldn't Dr. Sorensen have known that that particular xray might not have shown what was wrong and other testing might have been necessary? Anyway I ended up with a root canal that might have only been a filling if proper diagnosis had been made at first. No consideration given for how expensive dental work is, let alone paying for possible unnecessary and avoidable dental procedures. Of course, all my concerns were relayed to Dr Sorensen via another dentist, and really disappointed that he didn't contact me directly to even at least apologize or acknowledge my concerns.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Great dentist, my family and i have been going to him for a number of years and there is never any problems. Really puts you at ease while he is working on you. Don't forget his assistant, great job also.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007