Ratings for Dr. Allan Garbutt

Horrible Doctor. I was in emergency with a life threatening situation and he did not come in until morning. If he is on call at the hospital I would advise driving a half hour to pincher creek for care. Nothing but bad experiences even in the walk in with Dr. Garbutt.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Went to this clown for diziness, depression and tried to look into Adult ADHD because I have been feeling like ending my life and he kept joking and telling me its because I am getting old. Never even took my blood pressure. Told me he would need a few weeks to get me a referral for ADHD but never got back to me.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Nurse was amazing , but this doctor was late and super rude and not helpful at all. Told me there was nothing he could do and had such outdated knowledge. Would never see him again. Was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

My dad had fell at home ,he was taken to the hospital about 2 am doctor on call was dr garbutt as soon as he found out it was my dad he never show up until 7 in the morning my be 730 am .On that day he try to keep me out of the room as he finally check my dad out my ,dad was sick with cancer he had a tumor in his head and never left the hospital he pass away a month later .but that was not the first time we had to take me dad to the ER the time before he fell he was taken for cause he had open hole on his head the was infect and granddaughter took him dr garbutt look at my dad and told him to get a plastic surgery my niece was so upset ,so she came out the room and told me ,I went back in with her and here said it again ,I was upset he is a dr and tells them to go to plastic surgery, well 1 my dad just can't walk in a plastic surgery and asked him about the infection and bugs be in the hole of his head ,I had taken my dad to everyone in calgary even plastic surgery no one can do anything for him ,had to fight with Dr garbutt to finally get my dad amit so they could clean it a keep an eye on it ,only words Dr Garbutt had to say go to a plastic s2 and put the bandit on his head I am sure everyone had a shock look on their face even the dr he was training . Hospital with huge problems and egos my heart was broken cause they way he was treat by this dr never leave you love one in this man hands ever !

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Garbutt was our family doctor for several years. He was kind, caring, respectful and very knowledgeable. When you get him talking you find out just how well educated this man really is. He is brilliant and really knows his stuff but is not arrogant. Some find his bedside manner somewhat abrasive but I think they just don't get his humour. He is a funny guy and jokes often, though his humour is dry and his jokes may, at first, sound a tad serious. We love that about him, makes appointments more fun. He listens but will not sugar coat and he doesn't pamper patients. This seems to put some off but it works very well for us. My son still considers Dr. Garbutt his doctor and his favourite doctor, even though he is now five hours away.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Garbutt is a wonderful doctor. He was our family doctor when we lived in the area and I wish we could go back! He was great with my son and very straight and to the point. He has always been very helpful to my family and he was the doctor to deliver my first child. He didn't push anything unnecessarily and he always explained things to us in detail. He gave us very useful advice which when followed was always successful.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

The worst doctor I have ever seen in my life... Old and rude. I think it is time for this guy to retire his old approach to medicine, ignorant bedside manner and make room for doctors that want to help patients. I wouldn't take a monkey to see this clown.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Entered the walk-in clinic that starts at 10am. Doctor finally appeared at 10:15 and started seeing patients. I had two concerns, one for myself and one for my son. I have never seen such poor bedside manner for a child (18months). He was rough and made my son cry and writhe in my arms, when 5 minutes earlier my son was making faces at the nurse and was quite happy. He said there was nothing he could do for my son, which was understandable. My concern was a little more serious and he said there were 2 options: Have the baby (I'm 25 weeks) or take advil/aleve etc. I've been to many walk in doctors when my family doctor was unavailable and this is the worst doctor I have seen.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Garbutt has been my doctor for well over a decade. I moved away from the Pass and continued to travel 2.5 hours to see him. I finally found a new doctor and she is no where near as careful and knowledgeable. A recent, serious health issue that I could not get a local appt. to deal with in current town, sent me back to Dr. Garbutt who had me in to see a surgeon within 24 hours and a surgery date set immediately. Some don't like his bedside manner because he does not sugar-coat things. I like that in him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

This doctor should not be allowed to work in the ER. Not interested in your concerns just wants to get you out as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011