You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Allan Garbutt

Dr. Garbutt was our family doctor for several years. He was kind, caring, respectful and very knowledgeable. When you get him talking you find out just how well educated this man really is. He is brilliant and really knows his stuff but is not arrogant. Some find his bedside manner somewhat abrasive but I think they just don't get his humour. He is a funny guy and jokes often, though his humour is dry and his jokes may, at first, sound a tad serious. We love that about him, makes appointments more fun. He listens but will not sugar coat and he doesn't pamper patients. This seems to put some off but it works very well for us. My son still considers Dr. Garbutt his doctor and his favourite doctor, even though he is now five hours away.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Garbutt is a wonderful doctor. He was our family doctor when we lived in the area and I wish we could go back! He was great with my son and very straight and to the point. He has always been very helpful to my family and he was the doctor to deliver my first child. He didn't push anything unnecessarily and he always explained things to us in detail. He gave us very useful advice which when followed was always successful.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

The worst doctor I have ever seen in my life... Old and rude. I think it is time for this guy to retire his old approach to medicine, ignorant bedside manner and make room for doctors that want to help patients. I wouldn't take a monkey to see this clown.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Entered the walk-in clinic that starts at 10am. Doctor finally appeared at 10:15 and started seeing patients. I had two concerns, one for myself and one for my son. I have never seen such poor bedside manner for a child (18months). He was rough and made my son cry and writhe in my arms, when 5 minutes earlier my son was making faces at the nurse and was quite happy. He said there was nothing he could do for my son, which was understandable. My concern was a little more serious and he said there were 2 options: Have the baby (I'm 25 weeks) or take advil/aleve etc. I've been to many walk in doctors when my family doctor was unavailable and this is the worst doctor I have seen.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Garbutt has been my doctor for well over a decade. I moved away from the Pass and continued to travel 2.5 hours to see him. I finally found a new doctor and she is no where near as careful and knowledgeable. A recent, serious health issue that I could not get a local appt. to deal with in current town, sent me back to Dr. Garbutt who had me in to see a surgeon within 24 hours and a surgery date set immediately. Some don't like his bedside manner because he does not sugar-coat things. I like that in him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

This doctor should not be allowed to work in the ER. Not interested in your concerns just wants to get you out as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Our family has had Dr. Garbutt for several years. He is a very good doctor. He checks everything out,runs tests when needed to, and explains things well. He has always answered our questions on health concerns. He is a very caring doctor too.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Dr. Garbutt has been our family doctor for over a decade. Always helpful, always professional, always caring.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

I moved to the Pass 2 years ago and not long after my health started to go down hill. Dr. Garbutt was quick to send me for CT scans and MRI's. I was refered to the appropriate specialist.s and have gone through 2 surgeries and I'm waiting for my third in August. All of this time Dr. Garbutt has been at my side keeping me as healthy as possible. I have been in the ER on more than one occasion and have overheard how patients are speaking to and treating DR's. I strongly believe in PROPER communication in a respectfull manner with all people not only Dr's. You will be treated as you treat others. I am a lucky man. Dr. Garbutt is MY Dr.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2007

We come from Pincher Creek where the wait time is 1 hr +++ I wait no longer than 10 minutes and that is rare. He seems stanoffish but once you get to know him he has a great bedside manner and is interested in getting results. He also listens, discusses the problems and allows the time you need to get your questions answered.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007

Dr. Allan Garbutt's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Garbutt was our family doctor for several years. He was kind, caring, respectful and very knowledgeable. When you get him talking you find out just how well..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Garbutt is a wonderful doctor. He was our family doctor when we lived in the area and I wish we could go back! He was great with my son and very straight an..."

July 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.chinookprimarycarenetwork.ab.ca/clinics/clinic.php?view=9". Postal Code has been updated from "None" to "T0K 0C0". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 2158 213 St". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14035628804".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor I have ever seen in my life... Old and rude. I think it is time for this guy to retire his old approach to medicine, ignorant bedside manner a..."

December 29, 2014